Battery Life on my Samsumg TAB 2
574 4 2016-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCKITBUILDER
lvl.1

United States

Hey everyone, I'm new to droning and just purchased a Phantom 4, I use the Galaxy Tab 2 with the drone and it seems to work fine. One think I have noticed since I installed the DJI GO app, the battery has to be charged daily on my tablet. I have tried switching on the battery saver mode and closing all the apps, but still 24 hours and its dead. Are there any settings in the app I need to change, has anyone experienced the same thing?  I like the tablet ok but I am not imune to the idea of selling the tablet and getting a ipda mini.
Your help is appreciated.

P.S. so far I love the drone, so smartly built and easy to fly.
2016-11-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft

Seems the norm for Samsung devices.  More apps and more things run in the background without your knowledge leading to a shortened battery life.  Both my Samsungs will die in a day of use, and why my S6 Edge has a Mophie battery backup back installed on it too.  Possibly why my GO images break up with them both too.

The Apple iPad Air 2 seems to stay at 100% for a very long time and overnight and maybe a day later if I do not use it.  Seems Apple doesn't allow for as much bloatware as does the Samsung Android setup, especially Samsung where they automatically add their own bloatware at times (Samsung Pay, pop-up ads, carrier notices, messages, etc.).
2016-11-13
Use props
RCKITBUILDER
lvl.1

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-11-13 20:20
Seems the norm for Samsung devices.  More apps and more things run in the background without your kn ...

That sounds right, I may have to break away and switch to the ipad mini, or put up with charging the battery daily. I suppose since I mainly use it for flying I could power it down to.
2016-11-13
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

Turn it off after flying is done.
2016-11-13
Use props
RCKITBUILDER
lvl.1

United States

Unfortunately, it all started when I downloaded the DJI GO app, that is when I noticed the battery drain issue.  I guess I should have heeded the advise I read and bought a ipad mini. Android at least my Galaxy Tab 2 does not seem to be friendly to the DJI app.
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules