[Update] Am i being Naive? Yes. Newegg orders will ship Dec 15
9636 180 2016-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rocco12475
lvl.2

United States

If no order ships or no update within the 1-3 days they say I will simply cancel my orders.  I would say it's worth a shot!
2016-11-14
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rocco12475 Posted at 2016-11-14 11:38
I suspect it means the 50 orders the offered are filled.

You think it took them over 2 weeks to sell 50 of them? It said the exact same thing when I ordered back then. I guess that could be possible. I'll report back whenever DJI responds back about the status of my order through Newegg.
2016-11-14
Use props
Rocco12475
lvl.2

United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-15 00:42
You think it took them over 2 weeks to sell 50 of them? It said the exact same thing when I ordere ...

No idea, I am not getting my hopes up, just taking a shot that some off chance my order gets filled within the time-frame they stated on the site.  I really don't care either way since I already have a mavic in hand. BUT if I can double my money reselling them, why not.  
2016-11-14
Use props
Rocco12475
lvl.2

United States

I'll tell you this much...... Since I am seeing the "Fly More Package" stating sold out and the standard is still being sold is telling me that's a good sign!
2016-11-14
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rocco12475 Posted at 2016-11-15 00:44
No idea, I am not getting my hopes up, just taking a shot that some off chance my order gets fille ...

Because it would make you a horrible person.
2016-11-14
Use props
phatee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36165 ft
United States

Rocco12475 Posted at 2016-11-14 11:44
No idea, I am not getting my hopes up, just taking a shot that some off chance my order gets fille ...

i'm in the same boat as you.  i'm not expecting delivery any time soon, but you never know.
2016-11-14
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-15 00:34
Dana, are you sure you were actually charged or are they merely checking you have the available cr ...

The credit card company called me to verify the charge. It is appearing online now (on the credit card website). It is an actual charge.

Now, another interesting thing... NewEgg now says "out of stock". It seems that they had 50, according to the information on the NewEgg product page... "limited to first 50 customers", but now, again, says out of stock.

I think I got lucky, and came along while the window of opportunity was open, thanks to members on the forum with eagle eyes. What do you want to bet that most of those 50 went to members of this forum who also read the post, or just got lucky and stumbled on to it by accident?

I am concerned that it may be shipping direct from DJI, and there could still be a delay... But then that would mean NewEgg was falsifying information on their product page, as it clearly stated, "In stock. Ships from United States. Most customers receive within 4-10 days." But again, not it clearly states,  "OUT OF STOCK", so I think the window has closed, for now.
2016-11-14
Use props
fans762f5db0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2570755 ft
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-14 10:50
The credit card company called me to verify the charge. It is appearing online now (on the credit c ...

The first 50 info was from the initial release...I ordered today as well, but not hopeful anything comes quicker
2016-11-14
Use props
phatee
lvl.4
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-14 11:50
The credit card company called me to verify the charge. It is appearing online now (on the credit c ...

interesting.  i now see the out of stock status on the fly more combo.  the standalone still shows instock.  so i'm still skeptical, but who knows.  let's see what happens.
2016-11-14
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

I seriously doubt anything will change.  Read the fine print.

Newegg.png
2016-11-14
Use props
Saltybet
lvl.1
United States

CADDJockey Posted at 2016-11-14 12:01

I ordered one early this morning. I guess we will see what happens.
2016-11-14
Use props
jsdiv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258720 ft
United States

phatee Posted at 2016-11-14 23:57
let me know how it goes.  i'm trying to initiate a chat, but can't seem to submit my request.

They said they would email DJI on my behalf. No real info. Like others have said, I'll give a few days and see what happens. I suppose it's worth a shot.
2016-11-14
Use props
Rocco12475
lvl.2

United States

Who cares..... We will know in 2-3 days!

Either it ships or we cancel!

No loss
2016-11-14
Use props
phatee
lvl.4
United States

CADDJockey Posted at 2016-11-14 12:01

i mean i'm not expecting anything, but the fact they opened up orders to only be sold out again has me wondering. but if nothing comes of it i'm just going to cancel.
2016-11-14
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rocco12475 Posted at 2016-11-14 12:13
Who cares..... We will know in 2-3 days!

Either it ships or we cancel!

Like so many other let downs like this before, Best Buy, Amazon, Apple. It's frustrating to say the least. If not for the tiny size of the Mavic, I would be picking me up a used Inspire 1 after they announce the 2 tomorrow. We should see some good used deals on the first gen.
2016-11-14
Use props
nocaps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31624 ft
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-14 08:50

Think it through... Newegg still has a large number of pending orders from the last month, do you really think they are going to ship orders made this week before those? Again, you can pretty much ignore what it says on the Newegg or any website until DJI actually starts to ship significant quantities of product, and that hasn't happened yet.
2016-11-14
Use props
robble
lvl.2

United States

What i do know is people who originally ordered from newegg were some of the very first people to get them.

I also remember a couple stories of people ordering in early october and getting them just a few days later.
2016-11-14
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nocaps Posted at 2016-11-14 12:18
Think it through... Newegg still has a large number of of pending orders from the last month, do yo ...

Again, I don't expect it to hold up, but if you look at the Apple Orders thread and the newest entries people are starting to get shipping notifications the ordered on October 16th. So this first come first served thing was never accurate. Plenty of people are still waiting on pre-orders placed with DJI within the first few days of release but there are confirmed orders of people ordering a good amount after that and have received their Mavics or at least have shipping notifications now.

I have no clue where that leaves this particular situation but saying it's one way or the other at this time is pointless, only time will tell. Hopefully not too much time.
2016-11-14
Use props
chuck9
lvl.2
United States

I just orderd a non-combo one also, I guess we will see what happens.
2016-11-14
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

nocaps Posted at 2016-11-15 01:18
Think it through... there is still a large number of of pending orders from the last month, do you  ...

I agree... BUT... DJI has some relationship with NewEgg. I am not clear on how it works, but there is some sort of exclusive agreement there.

NewEgg struggles every day to compete with Amazon.com, and the last thing they need to do is piss off customers. So, when they clearly state, "In stock. Ships from United States. Most customers receive within 4-10 days.", they had better not be making it up. Best guess is that they DID receive a limited quantity at their US warehouse, and that is what was being sold this morning. I think that NewEgg may be considered an "Official DJI Store"
I am only going by what the NewEgg site said. It said in stock, ships from us. I ordered, my order got firmed, my payment got confirmed, and now I am waiting to see what happens.
I don't have it yet. I am not bragging that I got something others did not. I simply read this post, when tot newegg.com to see for myself, and I ordered. Maybe I got lucky. Maybe I just got trapped on another waiting list. I really don't know anything for sure. But I think the chances are good that I may get a tracking number by the end of the week. If not, then I can just cancel.
How many others here ordered from NewEgg this morning?
2016-11-14
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So I just asked Newegg who updates the product listing if it is from a reseller and they said it is the reseller. So, the change from Shipping Dec.15th to the Limited Time Offer, Ends Soon was done by DJI.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
2016-11-14
Use props
lightsout
lvl.2
United States

This is a hoax meaning pie in the sky marketing, this is not Newegg it is the Marketplace vender which is DJI directly, Just more of DJI's deceptive marketing. I too ordered just to be told it is NOT in Stock and it will be shipped by DJI when DJI wants to ship it. We all know where that stands. Other typical BS at the time of order your Card is charged (in my case Paypal Credit - no payments for 6 months). Might as well delete this thread, there is no way in hell they can deliver with our a huge backlash.

I cannot believe after all the grief DJI has been given for over promising and under delivering that they continue to scam the public just to get more back-orders...

Trump hurry up and add the 35% VAT tax on China so US manufactures can produce and compete in a accountable fashion...
2016-11-14
Use props
phatee
lvl.4
United States

and the combo is back on sale. no longer showing out of stock anymore.  now i'm definitely skeptical.
2016-11-14
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-15 00:34
Dana, are you sure you were actually charged or are they merely checking you have the available cr ...

Pretty sure. Online, it says Pending, but that is normal, because everything is pending until the end of the business day. However, when I talked to the credit card company (they actually called me, for fraud prevention, because of the amount, and I have not ordered from newegg with this card number before), I asked them if it was an allocation of funds or a charge, and they indicated it was a charge to my account, which is why I had to approve it.
I am as eager to learn the outcome of this as everyone else. I am excited at the idea that I could finally have mine soon, but if I do get it, I am also going to feel guilty, as I know others have waited even longer than I have, and are still waiting. Again, I cancelled my other orders this weekend, thinking I would be better to just wait until spring. But then this came along, with the potential to be delivered in a week. I can always cancel, and truthfully, that may very well be how the story ends.
2016-11-14
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-15 01:32
I agree... BUT... DJI has some relationship with NewEgg. I am not clear on how it works, but there ...

I saw it on Neweggs site yesterday morning and placed an order right when I saw that they dropped the "shipping Dec. 15" statement and listed it as "in stock". Nothing to lose by trying. At the very least I can always cancel, at the most, it will ship and then piss off a lot of folks who are still waiting. I now have three orders, one from Sept. 27, one from Oct. 5, and now from Nov. 13. Will be interesting to see which one ships first.

What a crazy way to run a product launch!
2016-11-14
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

phatee Posted at 2016-11-14 09:44
and the combo is back on sale. no longer showing out of stock anymore.  now i'm definitely skeptical ...

Could've been a cancellation or someone's payment wouldn't go through (mine got a payment failure at first and sent me to my bank's fraud department).  Who knows.
2016-11-14
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-11-15 01:58
Could've been a cancellation or someone's payment wouldn't go through (mine got a payment failure  ...

Same thing happened to me. I got a text, then a call, from fraud prevention. But I verified the amount, and they approved the transaction.

I also saw above that someone noticed that the Fly More was in stock again, then back to out of stock. Someone else pointed out that it was probably a cancelled order, or declined card, so one went back to "available" status. Again, this indicates to me that they *may* actually have them a the NewEgg warehouse in CA, just as confirmed when a forum member called NewEgg directly.

Still hopeful.
2016-11-14
Use props
Eric Mavic
lvl.2

United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-14 10:23
Same thing happened to me. I got a text, then a call, from fraud prevention. But I verified the am ...

Just got off a chat with newegg. They said stocks of the combo "look fine". They are being shipped from the manufacturer. He seemed to be under the impression that they were originating from the US based on the shipping speed.

It may be worth noting that several small retailers and hobby shops I spoke with last week were told that their stocks were going through customs and they expected to start receivings their orders this week.
2016-11-14
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

Just received this update from Newegg via email:

Dear Zach,
Thank you for shopping at Newegg Marketplace.

We are pleased to inform you that your order (Sales Order Number: ***********) has been successfully authorized and order verification is now complete.

Please allow 1 - 3 business days for your order to be processed and shipped.

Thank you once again for shopping at Newegg Marketplace!

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please visit our Customer Service Contact Us Page.

Once You Know, You Newegg.

Your Newegg Marketplace Customer Service Team
2016-11-14
Use props
Saltybet
lvl.1
United States

zach5150 Posted at 2016-11-14 14:57
Just received this update from Newegg via email:

Got that as well. Early Christmas present to myself if it goes through.
2016-11-14
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

I just got off a chat with NewEgg about my order... These were some of the statments from NewEgg support, and did not get much useful information. In short, they cannot verify inventory or determine if or when my Mavic will ship. But, they did say this, which is kinda interesting...

It is sold and shipped by the Marketplace seller not us. For your reference, Marketplace is a division of Newegg.com which allows third party sellers to list, sell, and ship merchandise directly to our customers. Newegg grants select seller the opportunity to advertise their products. So we do not have the accurate information about the item inventory. What we can do for you now is to contact the seller to check and I have contacted them via email. They may have the warehouse in the US. We do not have this information either.

This is what I infer from above...

DJI likely has a US warehouse, which makes sense. DJI manufacturing is in China, and they have been producing units for some time, but needed to be shipped to the US, probably by shipping containers on a boat, which takes weeks. Then, that freight is transferred by rail and or truck, to the DJI warehouse, likely in NY. This is where the distribution to all US resellers would happen. Amazon, Apple, and of course, NewEgg. Now, NewEgg has this direct channel that the support person mentioned above. So, DJI probably kept a limited number of units to be sold via NewEgg, as a pass-thru, and that is what I ordered. This also explains why Apple is suddenly starting to ship, and I think we can expect B&H, Amazon and others to start shipping in the next few days as well. In short, the inventory had to get to the US first. Now, it is also possible that Apple and Amazon receive their inventory from DJI directly, meaning that those units would bypass the DJI warehouse... Who knows... But the timing of it all is exactly as I had expected. I just thought it was interesting that in the case of NewEgg, it is just a generic storefront for DJI, as a 3rd party reseller, much how Amazon and Ebay function.

In the end, I still think the limited offering from NewEgg this morning was real, and the chances of those Mavic orders shipping the next few days are good.
2016-11-14
Use props
nocaps
lvl.2
United States

Guys please, this is embarassing. You're not going to receive any orders placed yesterday or today 'in four to ten days', no matter what anyone or any automated message or web verbaige says, period, the end.
2016-11-14
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

nocaps Posted at 2016-11-15 04:10
Guys please, this is embarassing. You're not going to receive any orders placed yesterday or today ' ...

Although you are probably right, this process is how I scored my Nikon D800 right when it came out.  Sometimes, it works.
2016-11-14
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

nocaps Posted at 2016-11-15 04:10
Guys please, this is embarassing. You're not going to receive any orders placed yesterday or today ' ...

You may be right, and if you are, I am willing to admit that when the time comes, so long as you are willing to do the same. I have no idea how this story is going to end, but I can tell you this. My speculation is based on actual information stated on the newegg.com, and actual statements from newegg.com customer support, where your speculation is based on skepticism.

The point of my previous post was that I found it interesting that NewEgg is a proxy storefront for 3rd party re-sellers, just like Amazon and Ebay. I was previously unaware of this, and wanted to share the information.
2016-11-14
Use props
phatee
lvl.4
United States

and now everything is sold out.  not sure what to believe, but i can be hopeful.  
2016-11-14
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

nocaps Posted at 2016-11-14 12:10

The same thing was said when they were first available on Newegg...  And, most of those people got their Mavi Pros pretty quickly.  Some of us are being skeptically optimistic.  

The truth is, we don't know...  But, you don't either.  At least we're willing to admit it.
2016-11-14
Use props
nocaps
lvl.2
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-11-14 15:18
The same thing was said when they were first available on Newegg...  And, most of those people got ...

Au contraire, in fact I would absolutely love to be wrong. Unfortunately though, I am not.
2016-11-14
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

nocaps Posted at 2016-11-14 12:20
Au contraire, in fact I would absolutely love to be wrong. Unfortunately though, I am not.

It's all guess work right now...  Stop saying you actually know the answer.
2016-11-14
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

nocaps Posted at 2016-11-15 04:20

French, eh? How rude! I do like you confidence though.
2016-11-14
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Did any of you who received that email about the order verification being finalized have their status change away from order verification?
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules