1 Flight - 1 Crash - Back for repair :(
6253 67 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebCo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 137362 ft
Australia

Received Confirmation that DJI Repair center has received my Mavic...
Took them 48hrs but at least now I have an official Case number, and a way of tracking the Repair Progress...

They have estimated 24hrs to undertake a damage assessment...
2016-11-22
Use props
7xqAYkuUeZx3
lvl.2

United States

How come you got yours... and i still have not even got a shipping update i also ordered on october 4th. damn i can't wait any longer.
2016-11-22
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Status on my Support case has been updated -

"We are conducting data analysis for your case. It will take 1-2 working days to conduct damage assessment."

It was originally 1 day - now extended to 1-2 days... I guess that is progress though
2016-11-23
Use props
LazyH
New

Canada

I'm in the same boat. I at least made it 24hrs... first flight in sport mode... straight into a tree 40' in the air. All 4 props ruined and one of the arms is broken. My units heading to California from Canada. I'm interested to see weather they will be able to repair my unit before the demand for the mavic is quenched.
2016-11-23
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Now 4 days since DJI Repair Centre received my Mavic, and 2 days since they started the damage assessment... still waiting on a response.

Looks like I may have to wait another whole weekend before I get any news
2016-11-24
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.2

Australia

Wow I'm surprised it takes them 24-48 hours to check what was wrong.

Good luck mate. I hope it turns out to be fixed under warranty
2016-11-24
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Hmm, disappointed and a bit surprised.... still waiting to hear back from DJI Repair in Australia

They received my Mavic last Monday... acknowledged receipt on Wednesday and said it would take 1-2 business days fro damage assessment and to "be patient".....

Well I think I am being pretty patient... Bit it's now been nearly a week since they got it...

I can't image that there are more than a few hundred Mavics even i  Australia... so am hoping that they don't have a huge pile of broken ones already.... Maybe they are missing the expertise or the parts ???

... waiting "patiently" - what other choice do I have ??
2016-11-27
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

WebCo Posted at 2016-11-28 09:37
Hmm, disappointed and a bit surprised.... still waiting to hear back from DJI Repair in Australia  ...

Not only the expertise, but also the spare parts.
- Doubt they have all the spare parts readily available, given DJI is still trying to meet their order demands...

Can you imagine these guys trying to fix something they haven't even touched prior?
- Mostly likely see a part and go "wtf is this" then call up DJI head quarters and there goes another day or two, DJI head quarters send back some information to the technicians and they have a read and go "wtf does this mean" and there goes a few more days... I'm just taking a jab here, as most likely they won't have much knowledge on the unit as yet.

It is frustrating!

anyways, hope they get back to you soon.
2016-11-27
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Well I am a newbie here.....I ordered my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo on Friday (11/25) and don't expect to get it anytime soon. Looks like mid to late January is the estimate. Anyways, I took some of your advice and decided to purchase a cheap unit for practice so that I am a little less likely to have an issue when I get the Mavic Pro....I ordered a Husban X4 (H107C), 5 extra batteries and a "crash Pack" (spare parts kit) for around $55 on Amazon. Hopefully, I will learn my lessons the hard way with this cheap drone so I can transition over to the Mavic without as big of a learning curve.....I am not new to RC but am new to flying/drones.

2016-11-27
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Finally heard back from DJI Repair... their "1-2 day" assessment process actually took a whole week.

They have determined that it is caused by "Pilot Fault" - which doesn't really surprise me... but their assessment states :

"The aircraft worked at ATTI mode in a short time after took off, and then began to worked at OPTI mode. 2)The aircraft responded to RC command well in the flight. 3)Pilot pushed 100% roll stick to the right , the aircraft flew to the right then crashed into obstacles with 1.7m/s horizontal speed at t=260s at 1 meters relative height."

...which does surprise me  because it actually crashed flying to the left (which supports my speculation that it was a left flyaway or left drift).... anyway, my options are to invoke my first DJI Care Refresh Replacemnest @ $139 (which I am not keen to do.... If it breaks this easily I will probably need this down the track), or pay $78 for repair - which doesn't actually seem unreasonable.... certainly not worth kicking up a fuss and further delaying the time I am without my Mavic.

I could pay the Care Refresh Replacement straight away, but there doesn't seem to be a way to pay for the repair... so I have had to contact them again for repair payment details.

I also don't know how long the repair /return process is... but suspect it may be a lot quicker than the Refresh Replacement process anyway....  At the moment the status of my case is
"The quotation has been sent to your mail box. Please check it. It will take 1 working day to confirm payment. Please wait patiently."
(I hope this "1 day" is shorter than the 1weekit took last time).

Fingers criossed I will have it back before Christmas....

Watch this space for updates
2016-12-1
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

WebCo Posted at 2016-12-1 18:18
Finally heard back from DJI Repair... their "1-2 day" assessment process actually took a whole week. ...

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Well that's a bugger on their findings... if it drifted by itself and made the pilot freakout and therefore pilot has to counter the drift by moving opposite direction, I think that is not a pilot error.
2016-12-1
Use props
BrandonA614
lvl.2
Flight distance : 813593 ft
United States

Mine did the exact same thing today and I'm not a newbie means. It lost GPS connection and flew hard to the left. Broke the camera and gimbal. I really hope DJI covers this under warranty.
2016-12-1
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

I finally received the updated quotation and have paid the $78 repair cost.... but now they need another day or two to "process" the payment... they also asked me to send them payment receipt - which is odd because I paid by Paypal and they should have automatically received a payment notification... If I was paranoid I might claim it was delaying tactics...

They have suggested  it will take 3-5 working days AFTER payment is confirmed.... and thenthey need to ship it back.... so the way it has been going so far I could still be looking at another 2 weeks..before I get it back
2016-12-3
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Incidentally,  The breakdown of the $78 repair cost is :

labour $60
shipping $15
parts $3

All if this over a $3 part .... Grrrrr
2016-12-3
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Payment has been "received" and they have started the repair process
2016-12-5
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Latest Update from DJI Support  

"Your Mavic Pro has been repaired. It is estimated that quality assurance will be completed within 2 working days. "
2016-12-5
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

User mistake as always...
im guilty of crashing the first day as well as i was trying indoor and avoidance feature, stupid me didint pay attention when drone told me it was very low light to sensor to work, crashed face front. WITH NO PROBLEMS

i guess you gave it a very hard stick movement and crashed it full force.

if you want to fly the thing always fly at a height that has no obstacles around, go to an open area and go!
i guess 93% of the crahes are for being impacient and try to fly it as soon as possible.

2016-12-6
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Yeah very true Alansin... early flights should really be done in wide open spaces, at a decent height.

I am convinced that I was not doing any control movements - and it was a drift... the speed was actually reasonably slow... but the bdamge was done in the fall (from 1.2m) not in the initial collision...
2016-12-6
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Today's update.... My drone has been repaired and passed quality testing so is ready to ship... I may even have it by the end of the week (although that is probably too optimistic) ...

"Your Mavic Pro has been tested and will be shipped to the address you provided within the next working day."

Once all is done and I have my Drone back I will do a full summary of my Repair experience (probably in a new post)... highlight what happend and when, and what I thought was managed well 9and what i thought could have bee handled better)
2016-12-6
Use props
Rickymelendez94
New

Puerto Rico

[/url]
I CRASHED MINE TODAY TOO. NOT AS BAD AS YOURS.
2016-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Rickymelendez94 Posted at 2016-12-7 03:11
https://youtu.be/-fJ_ZPZXwdM[/url]
I CRASHED MINE TODAY TOO. NOT AS BAD AS YOURS.

Another crap video from CN wannabe....
2016-12-6
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Finally got my Mavic back for repair (after 25 days)....

Uploaded latest Firmware to Mavic and RC.... Started up with great anticipation.... and the RC just won't connect..... GRRRRRRR

Tried resetting to factory settings.... powered off and on on every sequence I can think of.... checked the Control switch on the drone (it is set to RC)... and it is still just sitting there Connecting....

Back to DJI Support ... again....
2016-12-8
Use props
appfruits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52674 ft
Germany

WebCo: I got my Mavic back after repair with the same issues. You need to relink the controller with the Mavic. Press the link button on the Mavic and then turn on the remote. It didn't for me the first time but after a few restarts and pressing the link button it worked. I am not sure what I finally did to make it work but it has not been any magic thing. Just doing what the docs say but a few times as I remember it. Also have a look at the serial number of the Mavic (ein the battery tray), perhaps they replaced it. They did replace mine, although I just paid for repair.
2016-12-9
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Always calibrate the controller with a new drone. And in case of the mavic that calibration can be tricky. So do it to perfection.
2016-12-9
Use props
Q5NXoEGHzO17
New

United States

I might be boring but I have been flying in beginner mode since getting mine. I have been practicing maneuvers and getting used to the controls esp. when the drone is flying back to me and the controls become reversed. I figure after about 10 flights (just did my 3rd flight) got the magic 2 weeks ago today and the weather has been crap here. lots of wind , rain and snow.
2016-12-9
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75056 ft
United States

WebCo Posted at 2016-11-14 07:21
I can't honestly say.... I don't think I did a control left... but I didn't actually see it hit the fence as I think I was looking at the display... as I said it all happened so fast... i guess i can download and look at the flight log.... but not sure how to do that, and a little nervous to power up the drone again with the Gimbal swinging free.

I thouhgt I would wait to hear back from support for my next steps...

If you used the smartphone app, look for the paper airplane icon and that should help you playback your flight.  There is a button to show the joysticks and the input you would have given.  

Ps i crashed mine on my first flight as well.  There is a post in here somewhere about it...
2016-12-9
Use props
fans628b7609
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234948 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't worry i put mine into a tree and snap the camera from the gimbal, sent it to DJI in Melbourne just over a week ago, cost to repair was $90. Will be fixed this week and sent back, not going to break the bank to get fixed but feel your pain as i was on my maiden flight as well.
2016-12-9
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Seems like I am hearing a lot of reported problems with the gimbal/camera snapping off the mount.

It is an easy/cheap fix (the part ifs just $3 and about $60 for labor) but it means waiting for a few weeks while it is off being fixed...
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules