Cancellation & Customs Charges UK - anyone else?
1097 5 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul_robinson20
New

Hi all

I'm having problem after problem with DJI after pre-ordering the MAVIC through their online store - I was charged as soon as they received the order (like others) which wasn't great but thought I'd sit tight and wait for delivery. After an email where they outlined high demand and a long wait I decided to cancel and order elsewhere.

After a week of waiting for a refund from DJI I recieved an email back asking if I really wanted to cancel (?*) I confirmed and then nothing...

So waited for the refund to drop into my account and then recieved a text from DHL saying I needed to pay £174 customs and excise for the MAVIC which I had already cancelled, it looks like they ignored the cancellation and sent the drone anyway :-(

So contacted DJI and again nothing and I'm still getting a text from DHL everyday saying I owe them £174... after a week was informed that I needed to send the product back before I could get a refund. So I have to trust that DJI will be able to ship it back and manage their inventory properly when:

a. They took my cash before delivery
b. They failed to pay customs and excise
c. They ignored the cancellation email and take a week + to respond
d. I have no record of actually receiveing the product

and I still keep getting an email from customs saying I owe £174 so the drone is obviously still stuck in a warehouse somewhere in Birmingham

Anyone else having the same customs and excise issues in the UK and what did you do to resolve and get a refund?

2016-11-14
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

How did you pay? If credit card then your credit card company is jointly liable (in the UK) and you should raise it with them. They will refund you.
2016-11-14
Use props
paul_robinson20
New

United Kingdom

Unfortunately paid by debit through my business :-( last time I'll do that....
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,paul_robinson20,may I know your order number or the ticket number you got when you sent email to onlinesales@dji.com?
Thanks.
2016-11-14
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Definitely get in touch with DHL and tell them what's happened.

If nothing else, it'll at least buy you time to get it sorted out.
2016-11-15
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Pay the £174, accept delivery of the Mavic, then sell it on eBay for double what you paid for it. You could make a nice little Christmas earner out of it!
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules