I'm where?
719 14 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Warnberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24764 ft
United States

Form shows I'm in Canada?  Where does this come from?  I'm not located in canada...
2016-11-14
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Probably based on the IP address of your ISP.
2016-11-14
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
United States

Ummm... doubtful... an google search shows exactly where I am and my IP is US based as well as my ISP
2016-11-14
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well,...at least you're not in jail!..........You're not in jail are you?
2016-11-14
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Hey there, I had the same thing happen with me. You are the first one besides myself that I saw asked about this. I live in Iowa, USA and when I set up my account it all looked good. I work for a company that has it's parent company in Germany. I was totally unaware that when I was logging in at work, my data was going all the way to Germany to our main server and it would the show me as being in Europe. I asked the same question and got the answer you just got. After going home and logging in, sure enough it shows me back in the US. somehow it does pick up on your ip-address regardless of how your account is set up. I'm not asking where you are from but you might think when you are logging in, where are you doing this from? GIL is exactly right about this. Maybe you are unsure where your provider actually is going through, but I bet that is what is going on.

You might see your ip-address or goggle shows you as being in the US, but look a little deeper and see who actually owns the service. It might be going through a server here, but ultimately owned by a Canadian company, etc. I don't know the exact answer, just offer some opinions. Like I said I have the same situation, and I show my ip-address is in the US but it is a private organization owned by a company in Germany.
2016-11-14
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I had the same problem , still do.  I posted to Dji about a month ago and so far no change.  I have nothing against Canada, per se, but I would rather be here in southern California where I live,  not over 1000 miles away.  Maybe Dji is telling us to move to save us from Donald Trump.
2016-11-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-11-15 08:42
I had the same problem , still do.  I posted to Dji about a month ago and so far no change.  I have  ...

Are you kidding me? DJI need Trump. He'll have drones flying up and down the Mexican border once he's downgraded from 'wall' to 'fence' to 'drone perimeter check'.... Seriously, just What were 49% of the U.S. voters thinking...
2016-11-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-11-15 05:14
Are you kidding me? DJI need Trump. He'll have drones flying up and down the Mexican border once he ...

49%?  I thought he got 51% of the votes to win!! Hahaha

I personally don't mind if any/many of you American folks want to move up here to Canada, to escape the wrath of Trump.But-If you can handle our cold winters, you could probably handle anything... Including him!! Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2016-11-15
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2016-11-14 14:20
Hey there, I had the same thing happen with me. You are the first one besides myself that I saw aske ...

Well... I work for my ISP and I'm 100% certain of where my ISP is based, as well as the IP address assigned to my router.  Even when I VPN to work from home it's still and US based IP address I'm going to..  FYI, I'm about as far away from the Canadian border as you can get and still remain in the US.
2016-11-15
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2016-11-14 14:09
Well,...at least you're not in jail!..........You're not in jail are you?

Not in jail... never been
2016-11-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Warnberg Posted at 2016-11-15 09:52
Not in jail... never been

I hear the prison food is pretty healthy!! But I refuse to go there to try it. Haha

I would have to take your word for it. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-11-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Warnberg Posted at 2016-11-15 11:51
Well... I work for my ISP and I'm 100% certain of where my ISP is based, as well as the IP address ...

That is interesting for sure. Well how does it determine that then? Not to keep talking about it but wonder why they just don't use your information you put on your homepage and leave it alone? Thanks for sharing that about your situation. Maybe we will never get the true answer.
2016-11-15
Use props
Joebartonphotog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105043 ft
United Kingdom

Warnberg Posted at 2016-11-15 16:51
Well... I work for my ISP and I'm 100% certain of where my ISP is based, as well as the IP address ...

He's in Mexico!!!!
2016-11-15
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
United States

Read Grasshopper.... "FYI, I'm about as far away from the Canadian border as you can get and still remain in the US."   Mexico does NOT = US
2016-11-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We've reported this to our related department, will let you know if we get any information, thanks for your feedback again!
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules