No External Microphone Using Google Pixel
3343 6 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

I tried in the native video recording app and the DJI app and I can not use a external microphone whilst recording video.  Is this a problem with my phone or DJI issue?  I thought the DJI app would be able to overide this limitation if the native video app does not alow external microphone use.

2016-11-14
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

I tried the Cinema FV-5 app and the external microphone works. But it won't do front facing or tracking like the DJI app. I really hope DJI will make their app compatible with the Pixel.
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I'm sorry to say it sounds like your phone's limitation, since even the native app doesn't support it.
2016-11-14
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-15 12:08
I'm sorry to say it sounds like your phone's limitation, since even the native app doesn't support i ...

I tried the other app and the external mic does work. It appears to be a software limitation only.
2016-11-14
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

Also can DJI make a option to disable AGC? Pixel supports this option as well as a external mic. It is up to DJI software developers to allow it with just one line of code.
2016-11-15
Use props
Galster
New

Germany

Hello Chasiu,

did you ever find a solution? I might have the same problem with a Sony Xperia XA Ultra, where the great native video app can't record from external audio. I hoped that DJI would make it possible with their app, as third party apps like the Cinema FV5 do work.

Thanks.

G
2017-3-9
Use props
fanse0fed9fa
New
Canada

Same boat here, a bit frustrating to have to choose between sound or tracking.   I bought it for the tracking, attaching a mic on a flagship phone seemed like it would be a given.
2017-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules