Connection between phone and controller lost - DJI's solution?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MichaelM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3720 ft
Netherlands

I giot my P3P just a couple of weeks ago. At first, everything was fine and I could use DJI Go with my LG G4 phone with no problems whatsoever. Then there was an app update, and since then, there is no longer any connection between the controller and phone. This started as the controller icon showing no bars and the connection box greyed out and showing "disconnected". I tried lots of different usb cables (the one that came with the drone has never worked, even to charge a device), all with the same result. I have tried the controller with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and it works with no problems. But I say this with my fingers firmly crossed, as there was another update today. And as the tablet is a lot higher that the mount caters for, I am left with no way of flying until my mount extender arrives. Incidentally, the prices for these extenders is nothing short of extortion. They are almost all 3D prints but cost over £10/$12US plus delivery.

NOW FOR THE INTERESTING BIT - WHAT DJI's REPLY WAS TO THIS ISSUE

I chatted with a DJI rep online this morning. I told her what had happened and asked if anything could be done to fix it. She told me that after the software update, my phone is no longer capable of connecting to the controller. I explained that the LG G4 is more powerful than a lot of 2016 "flagship" handsets, and is certainly more powerful than the Tab S, and is more than capable of working with the controller. But, she went on, its not the fault of the software, my phone is to blame. She then went on to suggest that I buy a more up to date phone capable of connecting to the controller. So after splashing out £825/$1030US for the drone, DJI expects me to fork out up to £800/$1000US for a phone just so it can work with the controller. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Is there anything else I could do rather than spend a month's salary on a phone (its a work pension actually, but its still my only income each month).

2016-11-14
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

You know, most of the flyers I go out with never install new updates until they've been up for a few weeks at least, we always expect bugs on new firmware, heck, I haven't updated for 4 months & my P3A flys just perfectly. For a monitor I could never use a phone, to small, instead I dedicate a tablet, with nothing else on it, I was using an Asuus tab- $85.00, but when the Nividia Shield came on sale for $135.00 I had to get one,
What a great machine the Shield is!
Anyway, this doesn't help you much, just for now, downgrade to the firmware that worked for you
2016-11-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is their current list of supported Android devices:-

Android Version v3.0.1.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

Simplest solution would be to roll back whatever update you did. The Firmware on the aircraft and the RC should be fairly straightforward.
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Michael, could you please try to reset your phone to factory?
Then reinstall the latest DJI Go app and connect to the RC again?
2016-11-15
Use props
fanse148cb30
lvl.2

Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-14 15:47
This is their current list of supported Android devices:-

Android Version v3.0.1.

You are not alone!

Today i found out they have dropped my samsung tablet with this new dji go update!

Was told the exact same....buy a new device!

Will be selling my two month old P3 4k...and buy some other brand
2016-11-15
Use props
fanse148cb30
lvl.2

Canada

You can drop down your software  with your p3 professional!

Online you can download the old files and your off to the races.
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules