Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cadbob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18360 ft
United States

I have Controller Firmware 1.80 and Craft is the newest 1.2.062
I also Updated all 4 Batteries
I also Re-Calibrated the Front and Bottom Sensors along with Gimbal and Sticks.

Problem is Family issues so have not taken her Flying.

Question is seeing some of these Negative Post's on the New firmware is  it just a certain few people having problems? I have not seen a post  where somebody went out as usual and no issues. Curious and hoping to  fly this weekend.                                                
2016-11-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. I had some problems with the latest version of DJ Assistant on my PC (not being able to calibrate VPS), but the latest firmware update was applied fine. Once I realised that it was actually updating the firmware for each battery pack, and prompting me to do it again when I swapped un-flashed ones into the P4, all went smoothly. 3 batteries upgraded.
I haven't flow the P4 with one of the batteries yet, but I have warmed the P4 up with each of the batteries and started motors (without props) to see if any error messages. None. All good.
2016-11-14
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Cadbob,

Is this a P4 you are writing about?  Have you done an IMU calibration (be sure it is on a measured level non-metal surface)?  Also, if you have a confirmed safe area to do a compass calibration, you might want to do that to.

The hundreds of thousands of DJI customers who do not have problems with new firmware do not usually come on the Forum to say how nice things are going.  And that is probably a good thing because we would not be able to discuss the problems that do occur over all the happy emoticons.  Most often, you are going to see people with problems trying to find out how to solve their problems on the Forum.

Review the manual and look at the lights page for how to interpret the light codes.  This will tell you if everything is going well.  Make sure your batteries are topped off to above 90%.  But first do a start-up to see if the aircraft reports say everything is OK to fly.  Check your altitude sets so you will not exceed but will return to home at the right corresponding altitudes.  You should also check your preferred settings so you can fly and record smoothly.  Check your camera settings to see if your favorites are still there.

There are always Forum posts about good flights after firmware updates, but you have to look for them.  Just think, if the vast majority of DJI P4 operators systems did not fly well after a firmware update, DJI would have to do something drastic like tell everyone to roll back the firmware.  That just does not happen because the firmware is tested repeatedly to make sure it is stable.  The problems you see reported are usually from those who have non-conforming iOS or Android devices or are making a mistake during the update process.  If you have a conforming device and did proper installations, you should be OK.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules