OSMO+ Is there anyone who does not have an Audio Problem
2334 5 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Minchy
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Guy's,

I am keen to here from anyone that hasn’t found a problem with Audio on the OSMO+.

My own experience has been with using the External Mic that comes with the OSMO+, and with both the v1.1.0.30 and the latest firmware v1.2.0.40.

After the Camera warms up (after about the first10min of continuous recording),  the Audio either starts to crack up, or goes out of sync or stops altogether.  You do not know this has happened until you review the footage, as the Audio Level indicator in the GO App shows the Audio functioning normally the whole time.

The Audio generally returns once you stop the recording (even if for only 5 sec) and start it up again (i.e. New Recording file),... but once that new files gets beyond approx 6 minutes the problems occur again (and this can happen in as short as 3 min's, after the initial warm up).

The reason I ask, is that I am really interested to know if it is just my unit or if this is the same or similar experience many others have had.

Any incite would be greatly appreciated !

Cheers,
David
2016-11-14
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

I use a Rode Videomicro for an external mic. Occasionally I will get a clip with the static/crackle issue which I hope that DJI tackles in a future firmware update.
Most of what I record gets decent audio with no crackle however I'm an editor by profession so I rarely record anything longer than 30 seconds. I've never run into the audio sync issue.
2016-11-15
Use props
Dalby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Denmark

breezeway95 Posted at 2016-11-15 23:08
I use a Rode Videomicro for an external mic. Occasionally I will get a clip with the static/crackle  ...

I got what I thought was crackling sound from my Osmo as well. After some experimentation it turned out that if I previewed the clip by streaming it from the camera, instead of actually downloading it to my phone/computer, the reduced quality of the stream could turn perfectly good sound into sounding 'crackled'. When reviewing the same clips after downloading to my device of choice the sound was as it should be.
2016-11-15
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

Dalby Posted at 2016-11-15 16:36
I got what I thought was crackling sound from my Osmo as well. After some experimentation it turne ...

The crackling I hear is on the clips from the SD card, not the proxy files on the phone.
2016-11-15
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

Maybe try setting it up recording a TV show on a tripod and see what the sync and crackle are like. It could be an issue with a bad connection and only shows when you are moving around.
2016-11-15
Use props
Minchy
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks for the feedback guys.

You are unlikely to see the specific problems I am getting with short 30sec recordings, even if you do stacks of them in a row, as I don't get any problems with recording under approx 3min.  And every time there is a problem, if then by coincidence (as I don't know of the problem until playback of SD card file on PC) I have stopped the recording and started it again (even immediately), the Audio is good again for a few minutes.

And while I do get crackling and out of sync sometimes, the main problem by far, is that the audio just stops being recorded altogether (not a sound or even static,.... just like there is no audio track),... and this happens every recording over about 6 min, (that is, once the camera has warmed up with about a 10min recording first).

It doesn't matter if I am carrying the camera around or if it is sitting on a table dead still,... the same scenario occurs.

Are there any other experience out there (good or bad),... especially with recordings over 5min long.

Cheers,
David
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules