21982 154 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cornscot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701207 ft
United Kingdom

kristian.barras Posted at 2016-11-15 22:24
Complete joke- I invested in the Inspire 1 Pro with X5 camera on the basis and understanding that th ...

Same. And sadly doubt it!
2016-11-27
Use props
Cornscot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2016-11-22 16:16
What? The X5 won't work with the new I2? we've been ripped off!!!That's just stupid. Obviously DJI ...

Yup! morally outrageous, technology advancement great.
2016-11-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Cornscot Posted at 2016-11-27 07:04
Yup! morally outrageous, technology advancement great.

I thought the same thing at first , but since this is a new type of**** Image transmission I can understand the reasoning .Trust me , I dont like it as I own a X5 camera myself but I can understand.  
****Poor wording on my part , the camera is a different design and therefore ( from what I have been told ) not campatible with the Inspire 1, the Image transmission module is now in the aircraft and not in the Camera any longer ( I could be wrong on this , but this is what I have heard from othere formus and threads )

Like DJI Ken has said , we have a great system in Our Inspire 1 and the I2 is geared for the Pro Photographer.

donnie

I will be getting and I2, but not till some of the members give a review and let  us know how many kinks are in the system, I have learned that DJI sometimes releases product before it is perfected and I dont want to fall into  being  a Beta tester.

I totally empathize with you on this .
*** edit

donnie
2016-11-27
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-27 21:21
I thought the same thing at first , but since this is a new type of Image transmission I can under ...

Don't get your point. The image transmission is a feature between the aircraft and the remote. The camera is not involved in that other than in provides the live feed.

Your argument would count if the request is to use the old remotes with the new drone. Right?

And I agree that there is no successor of the I1. So DJI should build one.
2016-11-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

WernerD Posted at 2016-11-27 08:22
Don't get your point. The image transmission is a feature between the aircraft and the remote. The  ...

I worded that poorly as to what I meant .  From what I have read and heard the Camera is a different design with the Image transmission module in the aircraft and NOT in the camera any longer.  So the new system would not be compatible  with the old .

The image transmission module is in the Camera system ( Inspire 1 ) , that is why when it fails ( Lines 0800 and 1500  you get "device not detected " ) you ONLY send the camera in for repair  because that is where the Video Transmission module is at .  It usually gets corrupted but on occasion fails.

Hope this makes sense , I wish they would make some sort of adapter so you could use the X5 and X5R on the new Inspire 2 believe me !

donnie  

donnie

2016-11-27
Use props
Cornscot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-27 15:09
I worded that poorly as to what I meant .  From what I have read and heard the Camera is a differen ...

An adaptor, now wouldn't that be a good idea @DJI...... Yo might just then get back some of your p****d off I1 owners!
2016-11-27
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
  • >>>

Did not know that. In that case it is a very bad architecture in my opinion. Are you sure about that? Including the antenna, hddownlink etc??

The only logical modules would be
* aircraft with all sensors, flight controller, remote control receiver, video downlink
* Gimbal with camera

Where to put the SD Card/SSD is a open. Camera makes sense but if it is too heavy, the drone might make sense as well. But that impact just the camera connector, does it have the pins for the camera data stream or not.

With such a design you can attach the camera to any bird capable of lifting it. Have a Osmo handheld gimbal etc.
In reality some of that had been implemented that way, but the I2 breaks the compatibility. And even the Osmo's X3 camera cannot be used on the inspire as I read it.
And such a modular design would make sense. You want to use the same camera for aerials and for handheld. For aerials you might want to use different cameras depending on the use case, an X3 for longer flight times and broad daylight, a Z3 in case the zoom is important, an X5 when the image quality has to be stellar or it is dark.
It is bad enough that you have to buy the accessories again, remotes, battery, charger, ... but we are used to that already.

For me it looks as if DJI tried that but then broke the design in a few areas and hence broke the modularity. If by accident, for technical reasons, or for marketing reasons - I don't know.

I personally don't think this will maximize the profit of DJI. Who will buy a new drone, a new camera, a new osmo with its camera,...? And compare that to how many people would stick to their X5 camera and upgrade the drone. Or stick to the I1 for the current year but upgrade the camera. And would these upgrade-buyers not end up with a complete I2 at the very end? So you do not lose a single buyer but win all the upgrade willing people.

2016-11-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

WernerD Posted at 2016-11-27 09:50
Did not know that. In that case it is a very bad architecture in my opinion. Are you sure about that ...

I do know for certain that the Video Module on the Current Inspire is in the camera.  From what I have been told the I 2 has it on board the aircraft , NOW with saying that there is always early speculation  and without having the device specs in front of me , or some consistent review on what is what I cannot say with 100% certainty that my statement is true.  I do try to get my info from reliable sources and I do not like to give anyone bad info , I was burned on this one time on the site , early in my forum days and dont want it to happen again .

If I get 100% confirmation of this I will let you know .
I read this earlier on this thread but also had it re-enforced on another forum.

"X5S will ONLY work on Inspire 2 (and maybe later products) cause the X5S is ONLY the sensor with lens on a gimbal. Al the other electronics as Image processor (Cinecore 2.0), etc. are built in the Inspire 2...(Also the SSD-Slot is in the back of the Inspire2 - Totally independendt of the cam (X5s/X4s)..."

all the best

donnie
2016-11-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Barney2k Posted at 2016-11-18 09:27
I got to see one in the flesh yesterday and it was awesome.

Here's some video coverage of the event ...

thanks for sharing this !

donnie
2016-11-28
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-28 15:30
I do know for certain that the Video Module on the Current Inspire is in the camera.  From what I h ...

I read that statement about the image processing unit as well. And this makes sense. The downside of that decision is that all your devices (I2 and Osmo) have to have such image processing unit. So there is a redundancy which comes with a price tag. But such MCUs cost a few USD only, the software is the expensive part and that will be the same. The upside is that the gimbal is more lightweight and does not need cooling of the processor.
So in sum, a logical decision.

The way I would have designed that though is
  • The I2 camera connector is compatible with the I1, just has a few extra pins for the raw sensor data. When you look at the connector, that would not have been a problem to design it that way.
  • If an X3, Z3, X5(R) is connected, the I2 gets a live feed from the camera in 720p and transmits that. The I2's on board image processing and SSD is not being used.
  • If you connect a X5S the raw sensor data is transmitted and the onboard image processing and SSD is used.
  • Installing an X5S on an I1 is more tricky. You would need an adapter between the gimbal and the I1 connector which has the image processing unit and the SSD/MicroSD. Realisticly, the X5S with the SSD is out of the question for that but for a X4S with MicroSD cards such a construction should have been doable.

But even if we scrap point 4), the X5R users could still upgrade to the I2 aircraft and would be less upset. And for the existing I1/Osmo X3 users a newly developed upgrade camera would make sense from a financial point of view anyhow.

Just thinking out loud.... For something like that to happen the company's mindshare would have to be customer-first though.
2016-11-28
Use props
fans1c024ebf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

I am not going to buy one either because of the huge price difference between the US and here in Australia...........its a huge kick in the butt for Ozi drone users.
2016-11-28
Use props
SamEAS
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-17 05:31
Well said, for those saying their Inspire's are now useless I just don't get it.
When you trade in ...

How about those that spent the money on a XT? The Inspire is a great bird but for those professional customers that have already socked a large amount of money into these cameras I would think DJI would want to continue building faith with this group not kicking them in the teeth every time a new platform is released.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

SamEAS Posted at 2016-11-29 16:37
How about those that spent the money on a XT? The Inspire is a great bird but for those profession ...

The XT can be used on the Inspire1, M100, and M600.
The gimbal connection is totally different and and entirely new aircraft so nothing can be transferred over.
I'm sorry about that.
But the XT still works just the same on the I1 and it's still an incredible aircraft.
2016-11-29
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

VisionAir Posted at 2016-11-21 21:23
My prediction is the 2 battery design is not only for redundancy but I think that once they sell e ...

Yeha, buddy! TOTALLY RIGHT! Let's not forget this happened to INSPIRE 1...they came with the ridiculous 15-minute-TB-47 batts and then they came with the not-that-greater-18-minute-TB-48's...same thing might happen here!!!
2016-11-29
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-18 05:58
What I said was people were saying the Inspire 1 was now obsolete, which it's the same Inspire you ...

I agree and for all the people talking about the no backward compatibility with the gimbal when you read the specs of the I2 I think the new camera interface is largely due the fact that they needed to create new channels for simultaneous recording to both SSD and micro SD, and you can record to SSD and at the same time take 20meg stills to the micro SD, I already have the inspire 1 Pro and I am getting the I2 just for the fact that it has a top speed of 108klms, I shoot fast sports so the speed is the seller for me, and my I1 will be my very reliable back up.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

VisionAir Posted at 2016-11-30 17:30
I agree and for all the people talking about the no backward compatibility with the gimbal when yo ...

Yes, indeed. All the camera processing is done in the aircraft as there's so much data.
That's great you ordered one, you are going to be really amazed.
2016-11-30
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

VisionAir Posted at 2016-12-1 11:30
I agree and for all the people talking about the no backward compatibility with the gimbal when yo ...

Nope - I2 will go to a top speed of 98 Km/hr.
The spec was reduced.

Original I1 was faster before V1.3 of the firmware.
2016-11-30
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.3
Australia

WellFlightz Posted at 2016-11-30 10:02
Yeha, buddy! TOTALLY RIGHT! Let's not forget this happened to INSPIRE 1...they came with the ridic ...

The other good thing that having dual batteries is that the amp hours will be low enough so that we can carry them on board flights, that is if they keep them below the allowable amount....fingers crossed.
2016-11-30
Use props
fans694dfe25
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Obstacle Sensing - Does this work at night & in fog etc? Or is it reliant on normal cameras so daytime decent visibility only??
Is it the same for the phantom 4 pro?

Cheers
2016-12-1
Use props
SamEAS
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-29 14:42
The XT can be used on the Inspire1, M100, and M600.
The gimbal connection is totally different and ...

That is quite unfortunate. I can see the transition reasoning but as a company owner i still am not a fan of this one.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SamEAS Posted at 2016-12-1 11:23
That is quite unfortunate. I can see the transition reasoning but as a company owner i still am no ...

I am sorry about that, it's an entirely new aircraft so no parts are interchangeable.
2016-12-1
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15233940 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Why no SDI, DJI?

And can you please put it in writing that there will be no X5 / X5R adaptor for the Inspire 2? All I have seen is statements along the lines of "the X5 and X5R are not compatible with the Inspire 2" this leaves wriggle room for a future adaptor. I for one would be PISSED if I shelled out for an I2 X5S and a few months later an X5 adaptor was released.
2016-12-3
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fansea03ebd9 Posted at 2016-11-16 13:03
Just use a courier company that is willing to collect the bird in the US. You will unfortunately h ...

THIS QUESTION IS DIRECTLY ASKED TO DJI .

AS A LOYAL USER AND LOSER OF MONEY IN BUYING YOUR PRODUCTS ..

HOW ABOUT A SPECIAL DISCOUNT PROGRAM TO LOYAL CUSTOMERS WHO IN THE PAST HAD PURCHASED MULTIPLE DRONES .  20 TO 25% off

I USED LIKE TO PURCHASE THE INSPIRED 2 , BUT IT MEANS A BIG FINANCIAL LOST ONCE AGAIN .!

FEELING ABSOLUTELY ABANDONED WITH MY INSPIRE 1 PRO X5 .

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING IN ADVANCE
2016-12-3
Use props
Osglith
lvl.1

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-11-16 06:58
Is the lens mount the same on the older Inspire 1 X5R cameras and the newer X5S camera on the Inspir ...

I asked that same question on an earlier thread, and the answer is no. I can't buy a X5S for the Inspire 1, and you can't put the existing cameras on the Inspire 2. :-(
2016-12-3
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its December . . . any1 hearing that PRE-ORDERs are shipping?  or a projected ship date?  website says shipping 3 to 5 weeks after (pre-)order, but havent heard any buzz so thought I'd ask.
2016-12-3
Use props
fans04d353e5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114022 ft
United States

DECinHSV Posted at 2016-12-3 21:40
Its December . . . any1 hearing that PRE-ORDERs are shipping?  or a projected ship date?  website says shipping 3 to 5 weeks after (pre-)order, but havent heard any buzz so thought I'd ask.

I was wandering the same thing. I ordered mine 36 hours after lunch and still waiting.
2016-12-6
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

fans04d353e5 Posted at 2016-12-6 11:11
I was wandering the same thing. I ordered mine 36 hours after lunch and still waiting.

I have a policy myself to never order DJI products  after "LUNCH " it gives me indigestion .

donnie
2016-12-7
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Just want to confirm, this is the correct Panasonic zoom lens that is compatable with the X5s?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005MM ... p_api_bGhsyb8MEQFTW
So does that mean the Olympus that was compatable with the X5 and X5r is not compatable with the x5s?
Thank you.
2016-12-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DECinHSV Posted at 2016-12-3 19:40

I talked to a B&H Photo rep at the Drone Expo in LA today about a delivery date.  He said the way they design their webpage gives you an idea if it says "Expected availability: Not available." then they don't expect it within two months.  The Inspire 2 says that so two months minimum, but he said more likely March or April with DJI.  Enough time to save your money.

DJI wasn't at the Expo to ask.  Lots of Inspire 1's around the place though for demoing goods and Samy's Camera had them for sale along with the older 1 cameras.  They sold a few P3's while there too.  No P4 Pro's or Mavics to be seen.

2016-12-9
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-12-9 21:06
I talked to a B&H Photo rep at the Drone Expo in LA today about a delivery date.  He said the way they design their webpage gives you an idea if it says "Expected availability: Not available." then they don't expect it within two months.  The Inspire 2 says that so two months minimum, but he said more likely March or April with DJI.  Enough time to save your money.

DJI wasn't at the Expo to ask.  Lots of Inspire 1's around the place though for demoing goods and Samy's Camera had them for sale along with the older 1 cameras.  They sold a few P3's while there too.  No P4 Pro's or Mavics to be seen.

Some of the distributors are getting some in now (see the reviews popping up) and one would assume pre-orders would start getting them about the time distributors start getting large numbers of inventory, but havent heard anything on that front either.
2016-12-11
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.3
Australia

Osglith Posted at 2016-12-4 09:51
I asked that same question on an earlier thread, and the answer is no. I can't buy a X5S for the Inspire 1, and you can't put the existing cameras on the Inspire 2. :-(

The question was, Is the "LENS MOUNT" the same, and that answer is yes, it is the same Micro Four Thirds lens mount that is on all MFT cameras, it is the gimbal mount that is not compatible.
2016-12-16
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.3
Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-7 23:11
I have a policy myself to never order DJI products  after  "LUNCH "  it gives me indigestion .

Just read your post Donnie, Just know that you mad me laugh out load so thank you.
2016-12-16
Use props
Harryscopic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1422920 ft
Spain

Yeah Donnie

Me must be very grateful, people! The lens mount on the X5s is the same as on the X5r, and the X5. Coincidence? Who knows...
2016-12-18
Use props
Shayd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone knows if Inspire 2 accepts 128+GB microSD's?
Edit: Harryscopic Inspire uses micro four thirds mount, its not exclusive to DJi drones
2016-12-21
Use props
Harryscopic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1422920 ft
Spain

Shayd Posted at 2016-12-21 22:52
Edit: Harryscopic Inspire uses micro four thirds mount, its not exclusive to DJi drones

Of course, I never said otherwise.
2016-12-21
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Harryscopic Posted at 2016-12-18 11:33
Yeah Donnie

Me must be very grateful, people! The lens mount on the X5s is the same as on the X5r, and the X5. Coincidence? Who knows...

I always enjoy a  hearty Chortle now and then  myself ,  Glad I could  give you one too !

Happy Christmas -

donnie  
2016-12-22
Use props
fans49ff9057
New

Ghana

Will the x5s camera get it own osmo handle for ground use?
2016-12-25
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-12-9 21:06

mine arrived today . . . so your analysis is 'almost troll worthy'.  For some reason I think you actually meant the prediction of March or April, so I don't consider you a troll ;)  
2016-12-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DECinHSV Posted at 2016-12-28 22:31
mine arrived today . . . so your analysis is 'almost troll worthy'.  For some reason I think you actually meant the prediction of March or April, so I don't consider you a troll ;)

So you got yours from B&H Photo?

They still show it as "New item - Coming soon" on their website.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... e_2_quadcopter.html

Some places may be getting them in sooner or direct from DJI, but B&H Photo I somehow doubt.  They did the same with the Nikon D800 when they were on of the last ones the block to ship compared to others by 8 months.

Even the local Apple Store has been telling me 6-8 weeks on the Mavic and this has been going on since November.  Online says mid-March now.

http://www.apple.com/shop/produc ... 92a0b7e4b9195b8f488

2016-12-29
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow DJI great job on the Inspire 2!  I can see you guys have been listening to the community and this is going to be a powerful pro system.

I'm pre-ordering mine and I can't wait.

If I were to nitpick I would say that ProRes HQ is a great addition, but if its possible can you add regular ProRes 422 and ProRes LT?  Besides that, I think this thing is a perfect pro system.

2016-12-30
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules