P4 Pro ships 1-2 weeks, anyone thinking of changing?
12Next >
3769 53 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since the P4 Pro is not a pre-order and should actually ship soon, is anyone jumping ship? It's definitely a more advanced drone with a much better camera, but damn is the Mavic small. I am definitely contemplating the switch, waiting to see the bundles they have with it that will supposedly be on the site tonight.
2016-11-15
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

What a joke. Are they trying to piss Mavic owners off more?
2016-11-15
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-11-15 15:24
What a joke. Are they trying to piss Mavic owners off more?

I responded to your post in the phantom thread, but I think it's faster for them to make since they already have the Phantom assembly line up, it's not a completely new drone like the Mavic is.
2016-11-15
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-16 04:26
I responded to your post in the phantom thread, but I think it's faster for them to make since the ...

I can certainly understand why it easier to assemble and quicker to ship but they shouldn't be undermining Mavic orders. The release of the Mavic should have been postponed.
2016-11-15
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Incredible that DJI has the nerve to released not one, but two new products today.

Beyond poor business practices.
2016-11-15
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

If I knew they could deliver I would order.  I lost faith.  Been tricked once already.
2016-11-15
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I kinda think that the other thread about their theory of the delay is accurate. All 3 models should have been released today, but they wanted to put their ultra portable version out sooner because of GoPro's announcement. They didn't know the Karma was going to suck and in doing so got a lot of people to buy the Mavic instead.
2016-11-15
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-11-15 15:42
Incredible that DJI has the nerve to released not one, but two new products today.

Beyond poor bus ...

Why is releasing two products at two completely different price points before the holiday season poor business ethics?
2016-11-15
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-11-15 16:00
Why is releasing two products at two completely different price points before the holiday season p ...

Because they should have announced the Mavic today instead of when they did.
2016-11-15
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll take a wild guess.. and say that you guys haven't received your Mavics yet.
2016-11-15
Use props
MavicPro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Holy f, now that's put the cat amongst the pigeons. I may have got excited again!
2016-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-15 22:03

Ok let's all pretend Mavic was released today,  ! So far I'm only waiting 55mins for my Mavic ! Lol.
The new P4 pro camera looks awesome also full 360 OA and now same range as Mavic but faster speed  !!thinking!!
2016-11-15
Use props
Pello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11988 ft
Austria

Now im thinking of canceling my mavic and getting the p4 pro...
God damm it DJI, again i don't know what to do like when the Karma was announced...
2016-11-15
Use props
nu3vVF6J0ojO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287749 ft
Canada

Mir Posted at 2016-11-16 05:05
I'll take a wild guess.. and say that you guys haven't received your Mavics yet.

Really? you think that's the problem?  I'd rather pay 1499, and get the p4p
but now i have a little foldable drone.. which is cool, don't get me wrong, but it shot very near to the quality of the p4, and was newer/had more flight features.  Now for a bit more, you can have a higher bitrate video, all around obstacle avoidance, additional flight modes etc. The FPV aspect also brought me towards the mavic, but DJI hasn't even mentioned anything about the goggles since their sept reveal.

The mavic should have been part of this launch, and people could have decided which was the best fit then.

2016-11-15
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Im thinking of ordering the P4 PRO... AHHHHH IDK what to do....
2016-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Pello Posted at 2016-11-15 22:21
God damm it DJI, again i don't know  ...

Well at least you got it right with karma!!!!!
2016-11-15
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

Purchasing anything like this is a totally emotion based purchase unless it is for business.  DJI knows this and that is why they have millions of consumer's dollars for Mavic preorders and have shipped relatively little product.  They know we will come back for more.  
Wait until January or February and let the dust settle.  Let the people who paid $1299 to be beta tester work it all out then have at it.
2016-11-15
Use props
Eric Mavic
lvl.2

United States

I dropped the Mavic for the P4P. Sure it's not a convenient to transport, but I think it will be better for me all around. Who knows, maybe I will get it by Thanksgiving (ya right )
2016-11-15
Use props
lclerc69
lvl.2

France

*Post edited for offensive content - User has been warned
2016-11-15
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

nu3vVF6J0ojO Posted at 2016-11-15 16:22
but now i have a little ...

and you have an option to sell mavic, get p4p, and i don't know how much $$ on top of that. they are $2k++ on ebay, call it "test flown" ;). hurry up...
2016-11-15
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

nu3vVF6J0ojO Posted at 2016-11-16 05:22
but now i have a little ...

$1799 if you want the display..
2016-11-15
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

Pello Posted at 2016-11-15 16:21
God damm it DJI, again i don't know  ...

It depends on your needs and budget. Hiking / traveling -> Mavic, video quality is what was considered high just a few hours back. 4K/60, do you really need it? Youtube is recompressing any way with lower bitrates. Looks like this time P4 Pro means for professionals.
2016-11-15
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Will I cancel my order of the Mavic Pro in order to get the Phantom 4 Pro?

No.

Five reasons.

1. Size and portability - Mavic Pro folds up and is the size of a water bottle. Means more room for batteries, snacks and drinks.
2. OcuSync. Huge difference over Lightbridge, and way better in terms of range and less interference.
3. 1080p live stream on the Mavic Pro.
4. Mavic Pro is more stable during flight. Proven against Phantom 3 and 4.
5. Mavic Pro's dark stealth design and color is awesome. Never liked the look of P4. Glossy white plastic makes it look like a toy.

Go ahead and cancel your orders of the Mavic Pro for the P4 Pro then please, I want mine here faster.

2016-11-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

The camera of the P4P looks really nice with manual aperture . No more ND Filters needed and you can get everything sharp.

Yet, if I think about portability and the size to carry around, I would still go for the Mavic. I really don't want to take a lot of bulk with me, like an extra travel-case, just for my drone.

I do find it very funny, that they can already deliver the P4P in 1-2 weeks but the MAVIC is STILL Pre-Order, while already 1month on the Market.

This explains the mavic was not ready for release yet and announced, just to compete with GoPro and the production of the P4P looks way ahead.

But then again... Might just be promises.
2016-11-15
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2016-11-15 23:13
The camera of the P4P looks really nice with manual aperture . No more ND Filters needed and you can ...

The whole reason for why there's such a huge demand for the Mavic Pro is because of its size, and that it can be folded up. That is what everyone loves about this new drone. It's what everybody was waiting for. Smaller drone, same advanced features as it's bigger brothers.

I do somewhat like the Phantom 4, but it's size, color and design is what's always going to be stuff that most don't like about the P4 and the P4 Pro.

I only wish that DJI hadn't shown off the Mavic Pro at that convention so close to Xmas, because if they had shown the Mavic Pro like how they've announced and shown the Phantom 4 Pro with a video, there'd be far less demand for it and there wouldn't be this huge shipping delay.
2016-11-15
Use props
Matt Y
lvl.2

United States

I think I'm just going to take delivery of my Mavic (cancelling will probably be even more of an issue now), and fly it for awhile. I'll let the P4P hit the stores and watch the reviews. If the video quality blows the Mavic away in the reviews (which I imagine it will), I'll sell the Mavic and switch out.
PS I'm definitely not going to buy a Mavic off of EBay now, like I was planning on doing because I'm impatient  (I know that sounds kind of disconnected).
2016-11-15
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-11-16 05:23
Im thinking of ordering the P4 PRO... AHHHHH IDK what to do....

Get both! Problem solved. Money can solve most of the problem except death.
2016-11-15
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Pierre35 Posted at 2016-11-16 07:51
Get both! Problem solved. Money can solve most of the problem except death.

True, I did make a $2000 profit off my Mavic that i didnt even use lol
2016-11-15
Use props
Archer1182
lvl.1
United States

Just cancelled my Mavik going to see how fast DJI refunds my money if I buy anything from them
2016-11-15
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-15 16:03

So I replied to the comment
"Incredible that DJI has the nerve to released not one, but two new products today.

Beyond poor business practices."

And you agree that this is poor business practice because they should have released three today?
2016-11-15
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-11-15 19:05
So I replied to the comment
"Incredible that DJI has the nerve to released not one, but two new p ...

It was defining his reason of why it's a bad business practice because they just recently released the Mavic when it wasn't really ready. Where as they should have waited to announce all 3 at once which I believe to be the original plan before GoPro made their plan to release the Karma.
2016-11-15
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-15 17:23
It was defining his reason of why it's a bad business practice because they just recently released ...

They failed to fix the out of level gimbal on P3s and here they come with another 3 new drones to trouble shoot lol, what a BS company, I can only imagine the upcoming problems with Inspire 2 lol
Good luck Guinea Pigs oink oink , squeak squeak haha
Quick guys pre-order Inspire 2 you will get it in the summer 2017 lol
2016-11-15
Use props
nu3vVF6J0ojO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287749 ft
Canada

Heniek W Posted at 2016-11-16 08:34
They failed to fix the out of level gimbal on P3s and here they come with another 3 new drones to  ...

lol, true, but the fact is -- DJI is the only player in the game that puts out anything remotely close to the level of polish/functionality at ~$1500.  So we can be upset all we want, either due to shipping, not hearing from DJI about issues, or even their poor customer service.. But, lol, when I'm done with the mavic, I'm just going to come back and order something else from them.  
2016-11-15
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-15 16:23
It was defining his reason of why it's a bad business practice because they just recently released ...

Exactly. Now the real questions is, if DJI had waited until today to release all three products would we still have had the same Mavic delivery issues "due to unexpected demand" that we currently have.
2016-11-15
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-11-15 22:54
Exactly. Now the real questions is, if DJI had waited until today to release all three products wo ...

Not necessarily, the Inspire 2 is still a pre-order so they could have had the Mavic as a Dec 15th or even Dec 1st release date and had plenty of time to build enough to cover most of the demand which seems to be the date that all of that will occur.
2016-11-15
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love the P4Pro specs, but what a god awful ugly design. I've never owned a phantom for this reason. The Inspire and Mavic on the other hand, are works of art.
2016-11-15
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

Not getting Mavic or P4P until Spring. Winters here are too cold for them and there's no way I could afford an Inspire 2.
2016-11-15
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Brandon00151 Posted at 2016-11-15 23:55
Not getting Mavic or P4P until Spring. Winters here are too cold for them and there's no way I could ...

What you don't want to spend $3k for a drone that doesn't include the camera in that price?
2016-11-15
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Yes, I order the P4P today, shipping is expected in the next 2 weeks. Perhaps about the same time as the Mavic Pro I canceled would of shipped to me? However with the better camera and better sensors and longer flying time I consider the original Mavic Pro redundant and will play with my P4P while I await the for sure release of the Mavic Pro 2 with a better camera and updated sensors. Yes small and compact is nice but if I wait till mid spring I will bet you they will have put the extras into the already built assembly line of the Mavic Pro. A simple thing for DJI to upgrade because everything is already in place just like the Phantom line up. This is where DJI really makes the money as the basics assembly lines are already in place, a few tweaks and off it goes to the market.
Photography is why I want a high end drone in the first place. I can have fun playing with my 6 other types of mini drones when I feel the need to goof around and just fly for the excitement. All six drones cost me less than $250 and are loads of fun to fly!!!
Don't let the hype put you in debt if you can't afford to buy the Mavic Pro 2 along with the Mavic Pro....... wait, you will be surprised how soon the upgrade will come out after all the original orders have been shipped. If Photography is your game do what I did and buy the P4P and wait for the Mavic Pro upgrade, beside I personally think the camera sucks on the Mavic Pro the way it is now. Also compact is nice but I can buy an assortment of mini copters that will fly circles around the mavic Pro. The next Mavic Pro will be just as compact but with better technology.

2016-11-15
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to just change my order from the Mavic PRO to the Phantom 4 Pro.  Like Free Bird, I'm more interested in the photography and quality of sensor, camera performance.  Plus, the Phantom airframe is really better for me using on a boat and extreme environments.  Before I call American Express I would hope that DJI just lets me change orders saving time and money, plus, I could always order from some other distributor instead of re-ordering with DJI.  I'm sorry, but, this Mavic PRO shipping debacle has given me buyer's remorse, but, the Phantom 4 Pro has provided me with a new alternative that I'll like better.  
2016-11-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules