P4 Pro ships 1-2 weeks, anyone thinking of changing?
3782 53 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LaCcTv_com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54885 ft
United States

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-11-15 12:42
Incredible that DJI has the nerve to released not one, but two new products today.

Beyond poor bus ...

you got that right..
2016-11-15
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-15 15:58
Will I cancel my order of the Mavic Pro in order to get the Phantom 4 Pro?
No.
Five reasons.

The Phantom 4 pro has a much better image sensor.. also I am certain that the flight characteristics will be slightly different from the standard.. Also, a real aperture and shutter.. Wider dynamic range.. OcuSync?? The Phantom 4 pro has full 1080p to the controller as well as an HDMI output standard.  5.8GHz transmission... Hmm.. More intelligent flight modes, and no one has been over how much more stable it is.. The Phantom 4 is more stable than the Phantom 3, plus has five directions of sensing and can return home along it's original flight path.. Oh yeah it can go 10mph faster with all sensors on.. It's a bad ass drone..

I am not saying by any means the Mavic is not a good drone.. I am just saying if you want more - the Phantom has it..

I am a Phantom 4 standard guy and I still love my drone.. If you have that itch to fly, any one of these aircraft will make your palms sweat and you say wow when you get home and put the footage together.. They are beautiful in many ways.. Sport mode makes you go holy #*#( and just flying the distance and seeing things like you never have before...

The Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, and Mavic will be one of the greatest things you buy as an adult trying to have some adventure in a way that a lot of people still don't get to do.. Enjoy your time now, even if you don't have the features your friends drone doesn't.. In five years.. Who knows where we will be.. Hopefully not in a world full of rules because people are so careless (my biggest fear)..
2016-11-15
Use props
hedfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21470 ft
United Kingdom

I did think about cancelling the Mavic order but then I asked myself what do I really need. Mavic is a take anywhere flying camera, OK the image isnt as good as the new Phantom, but it is certainly decent enough for a good quality photo. It the difference between a good quality point-and-shoot camera or a giant SLR and a bag of accessories. Sometimes you just haven't got the capacity to take a big camera everywhere unless you are a professional photographer... For me the decision is now easy, buy the Mavic and wait a couple of months for the Inspire 1 to come down in price and get one of those for the big shoots!
2016-11-15
Use props
fansf75ec28b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481175 ft
Netherlands

I am happy with my Mavic, have it now for 3 days and loving it.
before i had an Phantom3 and 4.

The size of the drone is better for me.
Not forget about the noise that the drone is making when flying, is way less then any phantom.
And DJI Goggles soon

2016-11-16
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Mobilcams Posted at 2016-11-16 06:41
The Phantom 4 pro has a much better image sensor.. also I am certain that the flight characteristi ...

The Phantom 4 Pro uses Lightbridge, albeit a slighly improved version. I've seen the sort of range the OcuSync transmission technology can cover, and it's really impressive. It's the sort of distance you'd be able to get only from modding your Phantom 4's remote. None of those extra features like four directional obstacle avoidance, faster speed, etc mean anything if the size of the drone is still large. I've travelled with a Phantom 4 for at least a month, with a Manfrotto backpack and the whole experience was dreadful. Stresses out your back like crazy after a while.

As for the Mavic Pro, it's equivalent to the size and weight of a small water bottle. And that's what's it's all about for me. The convenience of having a portable drone to take to interesting places without the hassle of bringing a large and heavy backpack. I'm not much of a camera quality 'nerd' neither, just as long as it's clear and sharp, normal 4K.

Phantom 4 Pro would be best suited for people who own their own transport.
2016-11-16
Use props
hedfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21470 ft
United Kingdom

I really feel for the guys on these forums who cancelled their Mavic orders and bought the original Phantom 4... I bet they are spitting feathers right now.
2016-11-16
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

For those of you that want to cancel and paid thru PayPal, filed to get my Money back last night and had the refund back in my PayPal account this morning, so no issues there.
2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

While the P4P has some cool new features, I am sticking with the Mavic Pro...  This video made me feel good about the decision.
2016-11-16
Use props
tedbotic.gmail
lvl.2

United States

I currently have 2 Mavic's on order, one from DJI and one from Best Buy. Just ordered the P4P yesterday as well. My approach, whichever comes first will be my new drone. Though actually, I am really shooting for the P4P... I wanted something smaller than my Inspire, so the Mavic made sense, but I can live with the slightly larger bulk of the Phantom series. As a filmmaker, it is almost a no brainer, as IQ is everything. The P4P finally ups the game a bit and is giving us what we have been asking for a couple of years now, higher bit rate video. I am also excited to see how h.265 at 100mbps looks. Sure, I would prefer ProRes or Raw, but at least now this footage should cut a bit better with my terrestrial based cameras. (and be more flexible in post!)
All of the sensors are exciting, though I have been flying an Inspire V1 since it came out and only once had it crash into a tree, and that was ironically on purpose. (the other option was to land it in the Mississippi River)
2016-11-16
Use props
Sgt_Throatpunch
lvl.2

United States

BengalBoy Posted at 2016-11-16 00:28
I would like to just change my order from the Mavic PRO to the Phantom 4 Pro.  Like Free Bird, I'm m ...

If your primary interest is the sensor and camera performance, why did you choose the Mavic over the P4?
2016-11-16
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I already own a Phantom 4.  I recently returned from Komodo/Bali where I used the Phantom 4 at sea shooting islands, surfers, dragons and volcanos.  I love the Phantom 4 and its performance, but, climbing a 10,000 foot volcano and moving it around on a diving yacht, transporting from hotel to hotel, etc., made the Mavic very attractive from a portability standpoint with same/similar camera performance.  However, Phantom 4 Pro makes a leap in camera tech worthy of the size and transportability inconvienence.  Ultimately for me,,, when I shoot the sunrise at the top of a volcano's cauldron, photo quality first, convienence second.  Phantom is portable enough for travel photography.
2016-11-16
Use props
fansae63899d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361188 ft
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-11-16 09:36
While the P4P has some cool new features, I am sticking with the Mavic Pro...  This video made me fe ...

This test sucks. They did not focus with the Phantom 4 Pro, whereof the images and videos are blurry as hell.
2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

fansae63899d Posted at 2016-11-16 13:10
This test sucks. They did not focus with the Phantom 4 Pro, whereof the images and videos are blur ...

That was only some of them, and they addressed that...
2016-11-16
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

Free Bird Posted at 2016-11-15 22:09
Yes, I order the P4P today, shipping is expected in the next 2 weeks. Perhaps about the same time as ...

you should get your P4P sometime in March lol , Good luck !
2016-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules