Understanding front LED behaviour
1915 7 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dog Boots
New

Denmark

Hi fellow Mavic pilots,

I just received my Mavic today and have been flying a couple of times this evening (first time flying a drone). Amazing machine!

I don't fully understand the behaviour of the red front LEDs - can someone enlighten me?
They seem to switch off some time after lift off, which made it quite hard to see the orientation of the drone (and it was very dark). The front LED are turned on in the GO app, and they do light up when starting. They also seemed to switch back on at least one time when the drone came close to the ground again. Is there any rules to when they are on and off respectively?
2016-11-15
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed they turn off if you take a picture.. and maybe video if it's dark.. but other than that I believe the other way is to use the menu to turn them off.
2016-11-15
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

There's second menu option to turn them off specifically when taking photo/video. Took me a few days to work this out too.
2016-11-15
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

In addition - you can map one of the C buttons to control the front LEDs. I have set mine to C2 and disabled auto off photo/video.  In this way I can quickly turn them on for orientation or location & off for stealth. Such a good design, even these LEDs have been well thought out so as you rotate you can only see both when it is pointing pretty much straight at you.
2016-11-15
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Australia

Logger Posted at 2016-11-16 07:46
In addition - you can map one of the C buttons to control the front LEDs. I have set mine to C2 and  ...

Hadn't thought of doing that.

Excellent idea.
2016-11-15
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This does not seem right is there any reference in the manual as the responses here are not answering your question.
Yes there is a setting within the Go app to turn them off but i do not believe they should be turning on and off on their own.
2016-11-15
Use props
uS6xlc16SqoS
lvl.1
Canada

My right LED doesn't even work, lol

"Product of China"

2016-11-15
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Australia

Visual Air Posted at 2016-11-16 09:42
This does not seem right is there any reference in the manual as the responses here are not answerin ...

As I noted, there is a SECOND option within the camera settings to have them automatically turn them off during filming or taking a video. This option is on by default hence the behavior being experienced by the OP. With this option turned off, they stay on as long as the option in the standard settings is set to on.
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules