Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Currency Fluctuations = lost money after refund
1376 5 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamborini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69682 ft
United Kingdom

Due to the currency conversion fluctuating between when the money was taken from my account for my (unshipped) order and when I cancelled my order (about two weeks), I've lost about 30 pounds (works out to about $38). I feel this is unfair for a number of reasons. I wrote this in a previous post in a thread replying to Ken but it seems it was deleted.
Anyway, I think DJI should refund the difference because

a) I shouldn't have been charged before shipment was ready (standard procedure to put a "hold" on the credit card until shipping actually happens)
b) DJI has since announced delays (which was the reason I cancelled)
c) While DJI has had my money THEY have been benefitting from the currency differences anyway.

Anyway, I hope there was nothing nefarious regarding my deleted post if in fact it was deleted. But I do think that, if it was deleted, then it's perhaps a good thing to spread the word on the forums and for others to check whether they've lost out.
James.

2016-11-15
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Hi James, did you order from the UK store ?
I don't see how you get a currency conversion charge if you paid in £ from a UK bank to DJI UK store.
Or am I missing something ?
2016-11-15
Use props
jamborini
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I bought it using my uk credit card from the US store
2016-11-15
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Agreed!

This is absolutely wrong on DJI's part.

They required a full deposit to order the product, so it's on them to provide a FULL refund since it wasn't delivered as promised.
2016-11-15
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

jamborini Posted at 2016-11-16 03:17
I bought it using my uk credit card from the US store

Well that explains it then, nothing to do with DJI, its your bank charging for foreign currency conversions or changes in the international exchange rate.
If you used the UK store then you would have got 100% of your money back.  
2016-11-16
Use props
jamborini
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2016-11-16 09:05
Well that explains it then, nothing to do with DJI, its your bank charging for foreign currency co ...

I understand that. Then again, if they had applied a hold on my account like all other companies instead of deducting the money before shipping then I wouldn't be out of pocket.
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules