Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ND and Polarizer for Inspire 1 Camera
2399 3 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shallowwaterexp
lvl.1

United States

FYI, for those of you looking for a way to use stronger ND or a polarizer for use w Inspire cam, Dennis Gramza of Rage Cams http://ragecams.com/shop/index.p ... 1d71363d621786df1e2
is working out a "gel" (plastic) type filter that will fit on inside of the DJI supplied  Clear UV, the plastic Gel will be able to put inside the UV prior to screwing it on. I think Dennis will probably offer a Kit of various strength ND's and a Ploarizer.
Hes sending me a few Prototypes tomorrow and should have it figured out in next few days
hope that helps anyone looking for Filter solve.
2015-2-8
Use props
johnmont250.ema
lvl.3

United States

why wouldnt we just cut our own wrattan gels to slip in, its just a circle to cut?  i think a better solution is to make a quality filter that threads on to the inspire 1 in different stops
2015-2-8
Use props
shallowwaterexp
lvl.1

United States

johnmont250.ema Posted at 2015-2-9 09:26
why wouldnt we just cut our own wrattan gels to slip in, its just a circle to cut?  i think a better ...

using "off Brand" (other than the DJI filter) will cause a weight change to the gimbal, the Above fix is trying to address the need in a lightweight solution
Hopefully DJI might offer a set of their filters in the future...
I figure after buying a $3000+ drone a few more $ for some filters isn't a big deal
Cutting your own will obviously work too, DYI away!
2015-2-9
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have used filers that weigh more than the 3gm and it had no effect on the gimbal, at least as far as i could tell. I found these the other day that are ND filter AND circular polarizers. Very nice. Of course, as you would expect these are 3 times heavier than the ND filter that comes with your Inspire 1. The owner of the Inspire 1 in this video says he has been using these filters for q while and has not noticed any problems whatsoever. The only issue is when you put the camera in 3:4 mode, you do see some darkness on the edges which is the edges of the filter since it sticks further out from the camera.

Here is a comparision video of the the camera with and without the polarizer.

2015-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules