Upgrading to OSMO+ - Is it worth?
1892 5 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manraj
lvl.1

Australia

Hi All,

My first post and looking forward to be an active participant of this forum.
I am videographer plus photographer and mostly covers events from wedding to birhtdays, shows etc.
I own DJI Osmo and have filmed few events. Pretty happy. I use it in my workflow to capture motion, jib and tracking shots
Then came OSMO + with zoom and timelapse, less fan noise etc.

Please advise me is it worth upgrading to osmo + if I could manage to sell my OSMO at reasonably good price.
I could only do that if the camera is better than previous or dji go apps give more contriol etc.

please advise I really needs some good expert advise so that I can save money for better lens like 16 35 f2.8

thanking you in advance

manraj

2016-11-15
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

The OSMO + is not enough of an upgrade over the original and with the latest announcements it looks like there is not much of an upgrade path. The plus is still very buggy and getting the focus correct is a lot of work without any manual control. If you comb youtube you will see heaps of unboxings and reviews but very little actual footage from the plus aside from video tests and issues, it certainly speaks volumes.
2016-11-15
Use props
Manraj
lvl.1

Australia

Skint Posted at 2016-11-16 17:59
The OSMO + is not enough of an upgrade over the original and with the latest announcements it looks  ...

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you and have decided to stick what I have already.
2016-11-16
Use props
javari100
New

Netherlands

I'm on my 3th Osmo+ now, the first 2 had various problems en had to be send back to the store.

So, is it garbage?
Focussing is a problem and when zoomed in the image is moving all over the place. So, yeah, it's pretty bad.

I would stay away from this one if I were you.

Soon there will be a new stabelizer for the GoPro5, I would wait for that one. Can't be any worse than the Osmo+

2016-11-27
Use props
chocha4u
lvl.1

United States

javari100 Posted at 2016-11-27 10:06
I'm on my 3th Osmo+ now, the first 2 had various problems en had to be send back to the store.

So,  ...

Agreed. The OSMO is a garbage product. The GoPro Karma grip with a Hero5 black in liner FOV is amazing. Just wish it had zoom. I hate hate hate that you cannot zoom with GoPro
2016-11-27
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

It's probably for the best, no doubt it's tough to make a rugged camera with a fragile zoom system inside. Although Sony have managed to cram optical image stabilization into their action camera.

If you still are after a gimbal system check out the zhiyun crane M, it will take Gopros, cellphones anr mirrorless cameras, that way you can use it in the future when you get a new camera.
2016-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules