Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Slight USB Cable Problem - Mavic Pro
1407 0 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigxpz
New

United Kingdom

I received my Mavic Pro mid last week and obviously instantly impressed by the quality of the drone in more ways than one but I have been unable to take the drone out for a proper flight unfortunately due to a slight issue involved the USB cables supplied with the Mavic.

There has been two issues, the first being that even though my phone fits perfectly in the control, the USB port on my phone is located on the far bottom right and this presented the problem that when the phone is mounted to the remote control the USB cables supplied cannot reach that far down.

So the first question I have is can I just buy a longer USB-C to USB-Micro cable from the control to the phone and that will work?

The second problem that even the answer to the first question wont fix is that when my phone is fitted tightly to the bottom of the RC the arm of the phone mount blocks the USB port on my phone so even with a longer cable I cant have my phone fitted like that. Currently the way I have been doing it is having my phone slightly further down in the mount but it doesnt quite have the same look and it feels slightly less secure than if it was fitted tightly against the bottom of the RC. I get this one might not be a problem that DJI could have a fix for as its the way the RC has been designed but im hoping one of the other users may have a slightly better solution.

Have been considering buying a second phone that has enough power to just use for the drone only but since I just spend over £1k on a Mavic ideally dont want to spend more money just yet.

Thanks in advance.
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules