P4 Pro vs Mavic
1316 7 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ufoseeker1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

How many people are now glad or wishing they had not bought the Mavic with the New Phantom 4 pro out
2016-11-16
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2
Canada

I still prefer the mavic over the phantom 4 pro, it could be 5k and go mache 11 into space and i'd pick the portability of the mavic over it any time, now if you'd insert all those features into the next mavic on steroids then i'd totally go for that.
2016-11-16
Use props
fans766ba4c0
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-16
Use props
fansea03ebd9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15331 ft
South Africa

I  have ordered the Mavic but cancelled it due to the long delays (ordered only on the 10th of October). Now I have ordered the P4P... Let's wait and see what happens!

I'm sure that I wouldn't have any regrets if I got the Mavic but there will always be a need for both since they are intended for different uses.
2016-11-16
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I reckon they're two different markets really.

The Phantom 4 Pro looks amazing - but it's no way near as portable as the Mavic.

The Mavic you can just pick up and take wherever you like.

The P4 Pro probably requires a bit more kit to go with it.

So I guess that's the key purchase decision - will you be planning your drone flights in advance? Or do you want to just pick up and fly wherever you find yourself?

The P4 is quite a bit more expensive too.
2016-11-16
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

It depends if you want it to be portable (you can bring on vacation easily vs checked bag for Phantom) or the safety of the additional sensors. I prefer the portability since I'm good at flying now.
2016-11-16
Use props
aaronmmoshier
New

United States

I needed a new drone to replace my 3dr solo for an upcoming iceland trip the 1st week of january - I cancelled my mavic order and have ordered the p4p because for me it came down to the gamble that I think I will get the p4p in time for this trip whereas with the mavic, who knows. Ill take the trade off of portability for quality this time, and hope for similar quality in a smaller package in the next couple of years whenever the mavic 2 comes out.

2016-11-16
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

I figured they are both as portable.  Both need a bag you can wear on your back.  So I'm going for the P4 Pro.
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules