Mavic pro still not there but release Phantom 4 Pro + Inspire 2
766 4 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Germany

Hello drone fans,

I  really cannot understand what DJI is doing. I did order my DJI Mavic  Pro on 06. October 2016. Yes that is not rally early if you see that you  can Pre Order Mavic Pro since 27. September 2016. BUT I do have got a  really big problem when I do have to wait for more than one month for my  Mavic Pro. Today on 15 October 2016 Inspire 2 and Phantom 4  Professional did come out. Wait. You can Pre Order... Well I did that  with my Mavic Pro to and I do still have to wait for it. Ou I forgot  some of you guys who did pre order on 27. Sept. 2016 do have to still  wait.

I  am really sad and get really angry to see that DJI is having A LOT of  trouble by sending out Mavic Pro drones but is still able to release two  new products called Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Professional.

I  did watch when Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro will arrive if i do order  and pay today. I was just like: WAIT WHAT? Phantom 4 Pro will come in  one to two weeks after making payment and the Inspire 2 will start in  early December?

How...  how is this possible? Why can DJI deliver Phantom 4 Pro in 2 weeks and  my Mavic Pro will maybe arrive in mid December 2016 and i do have  absolutly no guarantee for this?

Dear Customers,

We  said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in  mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your  Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since  unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand.  Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as  we can.

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,

Adam Najberg

Global Director of Communication, DJI

Yes DJI... You can launch new products and still have big trouble with Mavic Pro production and shipping?

HOW  and WHEN will my Mavic Pro arrive? How will you manage that together  with Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2? Are there allready some P4Pro and  Inspire2 in production? Are this productus maybe the reason for this BIG  DELAY on Mavic Pro?

Please tell what you guys think that this topic will not sink likt Titanic and DJI has to give us a statement.

Screenshot 2016-11-15 22.38.49.png Screenshot 2016-11-15 22.36.42.png

Screenshot 2016-11-15 22.37.35.png

2016-11-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"How...  how is this possible? Why can DJI deliver Phantom 4 Pro in 2 weeks and  my Mavic Pro will maybe arrive in mid December 2016 and i do have  absolutly no guarantee for this?"

How is it possible?
Simple supply and demand.
The Mavic Pro is a fabulous drone.
It's two generations ahead of anything from other manufacturers.
You and hundreds of thousands decided to order one.
And DJI cannot fill a mountain of orders right away.
It takes time.
But the Mavic is worth waiting for - there's nothing like it on the market.

How can DJI  deliver other models?
Because they are made on separate assembly lines, maybe in separate factories.
Because DJI have been making Inspires and Phantoms for a couple of years they already have the assembly lines up and running and don't have to start from scratch.
2016-11-16
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Dang it!  We want what we want WHEN we want it!  Of course, out of all the people that ordered a Mavic you were personally picked by DJI as getting the short straw.  

Well, life sucks, yada, yada...

While I'm not trying to defend DJI I am aware that supply and demand does not always produce a straight line on the graph.  There are only so many they can make each day.  Heck, consider that they could cut some corners and end up like GoPro having to recall all the Karmas.  Then you'd REALLY be ventilating your spleen!  And the Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro production lines are completely different, it's not like they can just shift production from one to the other.

But by all means, there are plenty of windmills around...

2016-11-16
Use props
ouroborus
lvl.2

United States

Sheesh, not only has he posted the same exact rant in the Mavic thread he had done it in the Inspire thread, The Inspire 2 announce thread, the Phantom thread and the Phantom 4 announce thread.

2016-11-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2016-11-16 00:07
"How...  how is this possible? Why can DJI deliver Phantom 4 Pro in 2 weeks and  my Mavic Pro will m ...

Aloha Labroides,

Mahalo for saving my fingers the typing to fill this guy in on the realities of life.  Though I doubt he will accept any answer, at least you tried.  Mahalo again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules