RC says "Disconnected"
4491 6 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

I updated firmware per instructions: result: success per SD text file.

However, the Android Pilot App says "Disconnected", yet the RC Status indicator is solid green and per manual, that means "The remote controller set as Master and it is connected with the aircraft". Okay, how can it be connected and disconnected at the same time?

Any suggestions?

Notes: This aircraft has not been flown yet, I am trying to get it ready for maiden flight. The aircraft status indicator flashes red and green alternately but this status is not listed in the user manual. The Pilot App also says "No SD Card" even though it is in the gimbal, so it looks like the RC is truly disconnected from the aircraft. The aircraft is not in travel mode; landing gear are down.

Pilot App question: Is there a way from the android Pilot App to validate that the correct RC firmware (WM610_FW_V01.02.00.16) actually did install in the RC itself?

2015-2-8
Use props
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

Okay, now one thing I noticed was that the android pilot app sometimes would display a pop-up window asking about enabling USB tracing (maybe it said tracking?). Nothing in the user manual about this. If I allowed it to continue, another window full of mysterious choices appeared which made no sense, so I exited that window. Finally, in desperation with always getting the mysterious "Disconnect" status at the top of the Pilot App window (and no response from the forum), the next time I got the popup about enabling USB tracing, I acknowledged, and studied all the choices that were presented, found the mysterious USB tracing option, selected it, answered/confirmed some questions, and... voila! Suddenly the Pilot App gave me the "Connected" status at the top of the app's window!

I wonder why this isn't documented anywhere?

I took my aircraft and remote outside, did the compass calibration, and pressed take-off on the app. The motors started up! It tried to take off but I had deliberately left the propellers off because it was midnight when I finally got to this point and no way was its maiden flight going to be at night!

I may finally be able to fly this thing when today's Bay Area storm passes.
2015-2-9
Use props
chad
lvl.2

United States

Not sure if this is your problem, but the app needs access to your USB port in order to access live video feed (since it comes over the cable). Did you enable developer mode and USB debugging? Good article here:

http://www.droidviews.com/how-to ... oid-4-2-jelly-bean/

2015-2-9
Use props
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

Chad,

Thanks for the link. Hm, I'm not a developer so I am not sure why I would have to enable "USB debugging" (yes, I said tracking/tracing but now that you mention it, I think that is what the pop up window was asking me to enable or not).

Whatever the case, fiddling with that developer setting somehow miraculously enabled the Pilot App to connect to the Inspire (miraculous only because I am not a developer!) Thanks again for the reply!
2015-2-9
Use props
baron.unseenper
lvl.1

New Zealand

jessecarllane Posted at 2015-2-10 06:13
Chad,

Thanks for the link. Hm, I'm not a developer so I am not sure why I would have to enable "USB ...

Thanks for posting the above Jesse and Chad. I discovered, by chance, after much frustration that if your developer options don't show (because you have android 4.2 up) go to the about section in settings, scroll down to software information, tap to enter and repeatedly tap the build number tab until it says you're now a developer... When you exit back to the settings menu then developer options should now be available..
2015-5-4
Use props
djiuser_VcP07wUX3KzE
New

India

Hey is it solved?
2020-9-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>