14 PHANTOM 4 INTERESTING FEATURES YOU SHOULD KNOW
1102 2 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Inner
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Having flown this Phantom 4 for about 30 hours and over 50 miles, I am in love with it. The included case, while Styrofoam, is very durable though you need to be careful with the lid due to the plastic strips that connect it with the main body, which can feel flimsy. The Phantom 4 case has room for 2 extra batteries which, with a total of 3 batteries, gives you a solid hour of flight time in wind. While the battery can seem steep, the extra juice alleviates a lot of anxiety and helped me feel a lot less rushed when I was out and about filming. I am using an iPad Air as my control device and would recommend some kind of light-blocking screen for better visibility in the day. Read more: http://dji.droneinner.com/phantom-4-features

2016-11-16
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Why not post it here, why are you leading us to your website?
2016-11-16
Use props
Rods
New

United Kingdom

Having flown this Phantom 4 for about 30 hours and over 50 miles, I am in love with it. The included case, while Styrofoam, is very durable though you need to be careful with the lid due to the plastic strips that connect it with the main body, which can feel flimsy. The Phantom 4 case has room for 2 extra batteries which, with a total of 3 batteries, gives you a solid hour of flight time in wind. While the battery can seem steep, the extra juice alleviates a lot of anxiety and helped me feel a lot less rushed when I was out and about filming. I am using an iPad Air as my control device and would recommend some kind of light-blocking screen for better visibility in the day.

It is critical that you practice Phantom 4 flying with manual-only controls in an open, controlled environment. The training videos require an active internet connection, and the app does not include a manual by default. The magic of this highly technical device is unlocked with the free app from DJI, and here are some of the more interesting features (and behaviors) that it gives you:

– There is a training mode that limits the distance you can fly, which is great if you want to let your friends try out the drone (in an empty, clear space, of course!).
– You can separately limit the maximum height the Phantom 4 will reach, up to a max of about 1500 feet. This ceiling is in relation to your starting location, not sea level, which also means that if you launch from a hill, the displayed height of your Phantom 4 can show a negative number if you start flying downhill. The displayed height in the app is not the proximity of the ground to your Phantom 4 drone.
– GPS lock is fast and often times acquires more satellites than my older, dedicated GPS device. It shows you how many satellites you are connected to for GPS. Pay attention to the directions on orienting the Phantom 4.

– Once you have GPS lock, your location is updated in a nice Google Maps style overlay that you can tap to expand and contract. This is great for the return to home feature.

– All you have to do to fly and land is to tap and slide a button on the app. From there, you can fly with manual controls or choose to enter an Phantom 4 automatic flight mode (be careful with that). The anxiety of sliding that button for the first time to fly it cannot be described, especially after reading all those reviews of “runaway” drones.

– You have a live view of the battery drain on the app, with an estimated time until it runs out. You can adjust the battery levels at which the app will angrily beepat you. This beeping can be obnoxious as the default start is 30% of remaining battery, but it serves an important function so I deal with it.

– The return to home function has been very helpful when I’ve accidentally flown the Phantom 4 too far away and have lost video signal. The Phantom 4 will orient itself to its home location and fly back, allowing you to take manual control of the drone once you are back in live-video feed range.

– When flying, a white line on your map overlay shows your total flight path as it is flown, with a green line that shows how to directly get back to home for quickly landing. It is buried, but you can also find a list of flights that shows you the speed, distance, and height from the home point so that you can retrace your flight. This is important for when you crash it in the woods.

– The apps shows your vertical and horizontal speeds as you fly, including distance from the home location. The furthest I have gone in an open field with no obstacles and live video feed is 8,000 feet. I can likely go further but have had no reason to.

– A negative to the live preview is that it is fuzzy until you start recording, and then the resolution is a lot clearer. This is likely Phantom 4 to conserve battery, though I have not found an option where you can tell the Phantom 4 to use that full resolution signal when you are not recording. Also, if in challenging or changing terrain where obstacles will block your signal, you will notice periods of green or gray as the signal boosts in strength. This can be terrifying when you’re flying, go behind a building, and then suddenly everything goes gray and you have a “drone disconnected” error appear.

– You can play videos right off the Phantom 4 to make sure that you recorded your shot. After you do a few short recordings, manually clear the video cache within the app. I did not do this and I think that the app got confused and was dropping videos it claimed to be recording. After doing this manual clear I have not had a problem with that since.

– The video itself is incredibly smooth and stable, even in high winds where the Phantom 4 is visibly bouncing up and down as it stabilizes its flight.

– You can manually adjust the ISO and shutter speed at any time unless you use the automatic flight modes.
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules