Inspire 2 Post Production Workflow?
3486 7 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc5da32d7
lvl.2

United States

Question regarding the new Inspire 2 workflow (X5S) camera and FCPX.

(Common high-level workflow)

X5R fly > video stored via SSD > import clips into Davinci media pool > drop all clips into timeline > adjustments/color > Render high quality exports > Import/Ingest into FCPX > creativity

The Inspire 2 workflow on the DJI.com website notes:

The Inspire 2 creative workflow has been completely optimized and is now capable of recording video

in CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes, and other common formats for post-production in filmmaking. Also supported are FAT32/exFAT* file systems, which allow fast copying of files direct from the CINESSD without additional software.

How will the above workflow change if Apple ProRes is introduced? Will Davinci still be needed? What about Cinelight?

2016-11-16
Use props
DJI-CAO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228714 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Cinelight is not needed. No additional software is needed.

I2 uses a universal file system which can be directly accessed by both PC and Mac.

And the new NVMe SSD via PCI-e 3.0 is very fast for importing the footage.
2016-11-16
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 369652 ft
Italy

I'm considering buying the Inspire 2 and found difficult to understand the video workflow.

From my investigation: if I want the CinemaDNG and/or ProRes codecs I need to buy a specific license key.

On page http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x5s/info is written...
When used with CineCore image processing system 2.0 on 2 Inspire, the Zenmuse X5S is capable of recording 4k / 30 video oversampling in both H.264 and H.265 codec with a maximum bit rate of 100Mbps.
Through the new CineCore 2.0 image processing system on Inspire 2, the Zenmuse X5S can directly export the Apple ProRes video when using a special license key DJI Inspire 2 and when equipped with the DJI CINESSD.

Provided that I do not fully understand the meaning of "can directly export"...
H.264 and H.265 are the basic codecs, for free. So if I want to export , for example, in ProRes I have to buy a license, this ...it seems the link: http://store.dji.com/product/apple-prores-license-key#/overview.

Furthermore, in the linked page above (Apple ProRes license key) I can read ...

The image processing system 2.0 CineCore includes a high-performance video processor and a high-speed storage system that has a DJI CINESSD and FAT32 / exFAT file system optimized. This allows the Inspire 2 to support CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes recording. DJI License Keys unlock these advanced capabilities for high-level filmmaking purposes.
An Inspire 2 License Key activates the usage permission of CinemaDNG or Apple PreRes inside CineCore 2.0. There are many standards of CinemaDNG or Apple ProRes License Keys available for purchase. Used with the DJI CINESSD and the optimized FAT32/exFAT file system, License Keys enable Hollywood-grade video formats to be captured for advanced post-production.

These are the codecs enabled by the ProRes  license key...

Apple ProRes 422 HQ:
3840x2160 23.976 / 24/25 / 29.97 fps
5280x2160 23.976 / 24/25 / 29.97 fps

Apple ProRes 4444 XQ (no alpha):
3840x2160 23.976 / 24/25 / 29.97 fps

This, to me, means: all I can read in the "Video Resolutions" section of the X5S's spesifications page (http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x5s/info) is possible, but I have to pay a $ 600 extra fee for the Apple ProRes codecs.
Without a license key I can freely use H.264 and H.265 basic codecs only.

This is what I understand! Correct me if I'm wrong.
2016-12-10
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wonder how many out there understand the software key's and what's really needed.
2016-12-10
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 369652 ft
Italy

DJI-CAO Posted at 2016-11-17 06:52
Cinelight is not needed. No additional software is needed.

I2 uses a universal file system which can be directly accessed by both PC and Mac.

Do you know if connecting the CINESSD Station to a brand new macbook pro the transfer rate is, like you said, "very fast"..?

2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-CAO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228714 ft
  • >>>
China

SerSigal Posted at 2016-12-12 18:39
Do you know if connecting the CINESSD Station to a brand new macbook pro the transfer rate is, like you said, "very fast"..?

In the latest MAC OS, it's via USB3.0.

However, the hardware is PCI-E+NVMe SSD.

When to enable the full speed actually depends on the Apple's policy. They just blocked the 3rd party NVMe driver in the latest MAC OS.

2017-2-5
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

SerSigal Posted at 2016-12-12 18:39

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 7&fromuid=31428

I responded to the same topic in post 13 of this thread. Take a look.
2017-2-5
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't use Cinelight
2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now