So curious about it !!
2017-1-10
Use props
ampand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231381 ft
  • >>>
Austria

that monitor could solve the temperature problem with mobile devices ...

my iphone switches off at about -2 °C ... and thats not funny.

Does anybody know, if there is a possibility to connect another monitor to the dji mavic? - I`m not sure, if DJI can make the Crystal Monitor ready before summer ;-)
2017-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ampand Posted at 2017-1-15 11:03
that monitor could solve the temperature problem with mobile devices ...

my iphone switches off at about -2 °C ... and thats not funny.

Mini iPad seems a popular choice,
2017-1-15
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

Are there any other alternatives that approach the specs for brightness and operating temperature of CrystalSky?  I'm also interested in an alternative to my Apple products for this reason.
2017-1-15
Use props
ampand
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-15 11:22
Mini iPad seems a popular choice,

really at low temperatures? do you have experience with ipad and low temperatures - should be good at about -10°C

- I was thinking, all the apple products are "freezing" at this temperature (around -2°C)

probably it`s better testing it ...

the next week seems to be very cold here in austria ...
2017-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ampand Posted at 2017-1-15 13:40
really at low temperatures? do you have experience with ipad and low temperatures - should be good at about -10°C

- I was thinking, all the apple products are "freezing" at this temperature (around -2°C)

I live in Ireland we don't get extreme weather conditions but I have used it at -3 c with no problems, never any lower, so I can't say.
2017-1-15
Use props
ampand
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-15 13:48
I live in Ireland we don't get extreme weather conditions but I have used it at -3 c with no problems, never any lower, so I can't say.

today it shot it self down at -2 .... thats frustrating ... and there`s no other solution

I`ve just read, that the samsung galaxy S2 will work at -20 too

BUT - is the dji app running good an the S2? - never had an android ...
2017-1-15
Use props
ampand
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-15 13:48

today it shot it self down at -2 .... thats frustrating ... and there`s no other solution

I`ve just read, that the samsung galaxy S2 will work at -20 too

BUT - is the dji app running good an the S2? - never had an android ...
2017-1-15
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>

I think dji not want do like mavi, they start produce and when have  areasonable numbers it will start to sell, agree the price should nt be near a ipad mini, or dji lunch this to test answer from their customer.
2017-1-18
Use props
dwallersv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1843015 ft
  • >>>
United States

Two things: I've never understood why the LCD display technology used in the Garmin eTrex handheld GPS units never seemed to appear in outdoor applications. This is the perfect display -- full-color, light-reflective so that in sunlight the contrast and visibility is at its best; backlit for dark environs. How come this isn't the display technology in every smartphone, smartwatch, and basically any display that needs to be visible under all lighting conditions?

Second: I'll wait for the hack that allows installation of other apps, in particular Litchi. Without the ability to put Litchi and other drone/flight related apps on it, it's just not worth it.
2017-1-26
Use props
fans42453584
lvl.2
Panama

Ijust found this today:

http://nofilmschool.com/2017/01/ ... 000nit-monitors-ces
2017-2-23
Use props
perfectpercepti
lvl.1

United States

Advexure has a good article on the CrystalSky Monitor, you can also sign up to be notified when it's available - https://www.advexure.com/dji-crystalsky-drone-video-monitor/

Really looking forward to this..hope it's not too much longer. Same with the DJI Goggles.
2017-3-3
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077618 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe they're just making sure DjiGO doesn't crash. I was thinking of waiting till CrystalSky came out to buy a bigger screen. I figure it probably is >$1000 for the 7", I don't mind spending that, I am bothered that you can run no other app on it. And even after it's released if I ordered would it be 3 weeks or 8 months for it to be delivered.

I bought an iPad Mini 4. It does a few other useful things and I have it now.  

The only big thing CrystalSky offers is the brightness and lord knows what they will want for the surely more expensive 2000 nit 7".
2017-3-3
Use props
Quadcoptercrazy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1013038 ft
United States

It's probably just me that chuckled a little bit when I saw that it says "extreme temperature optimized" especially that DJI recomends not flying in below freezing temps ( and yes I know people do it, I do it, I live in South Dakota, its below freezing every day in winter.) but I just had to laugh a little since they don't recommend flying in extreme temps.
2017-3-3
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

C'mon DJI....really? Give us SOME sort of release date PLEASE.
Probably not really going to matter to me anyways,....lol.... Based on what's been stated here already, $600+ is out of my price range anyways.
2017-4-3
Use props
fans4c758491
New
Flight distance : 911381 ft
United States

Any new info on release date?
2017-4-8
Use props
Phantom Master
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1554892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I spoke with a DJI sales representative and they told me, and I quote "We do not know when the Crystalsky monitor will be available as it is still in research and development.  The item has not been given a price yet."  I received the same answer from multiple sales agents, so I'm assuming that DJI (as usual) doesn't have a projected release date or price estimate yet.
2017-4-9
Use props
Phantom Master
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1554892 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-16 09:05
You can't use it except on p4p+, it won't be available for Mavic.

This is an entirely different monitor than the one included with the P4P+.  This Crystalsky monitor is made to mount to your DJI drone's remote controller, and it has more functions than the monitor integrated into the P4P+.  I recommend doing a little research before posting on this forum, as the information regarding the Crystalsky monitor is readily available on the DJI website.  In addition, it clearly states that it is made to work with most of their drone models.
2017-4-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Phantom Master Posted at 2017-4-9 21:43
This is an entirely different monitor than the one included with the P4P+.  This Crystalsky monitor is made to mount to your DJI drone's remote controller, and it has more functions than the monitor integrated into the P4P+.  I recommend doing a little research before posting on this forum, as the information regarding the Crystalsky monitor is readily available on the DJI website.  In addition, it clearly states that it is made to work with most of their drone models.

Maybe you should do some research yourself, I posted that the week p4p + came out 16th November and it was an answer I got from dji regarding if it was possible to use the monitor on a P4 or Mavic .
Given you've had five months to figure this out, you definitely got me there.

Although it's a bit rich coming from someone who calls himself the phantom master, and doesn't bother to read all the thread.
2017-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Phantom Master Posted at 2017-4-9 21:41
I spoke with a DJI sales representative and they told me, and I quote "We do not know when the Crystalsky monitor will be available as it is still in research and development.  The item has not been given a price yet."  I received the same answer from multiple sales agents, so I'm assuming that DJI (as usual) doesn't have a projected release date or price estimate yet.

Here's some more research you missed out on. A bit further on than R&D.

https://fccid.io/SS3-CS7851702
2017-4-10
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Just posted:

"CrystalSky will be available soon in three configurations: a 5.5-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $469 (USD); a 7.85-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $699 (USD); and a 7.85-inch, 2000 cd/m2 version for $999 (USD)."

http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... es-and-service-plan
2017-4-23
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

geofox784 Posted at 2017-4-23 16:25
Just posted:

"CrystalSky will be available soon in three configurations: a 5.5-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $469 (USD); a 7.85-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $699 (USD); and a 7.85-inch, 2000 cd/m2 version for $999 (USD)."

Geo,
     I heard the same pricing as you did also Crystalsky monitor's run on a Android based system
2017-4-23
Use props
RobP62
New
United States

I use a Galaxy S7E with my Mavic Pro and while it's more than adequate but I would rather use a standalone dedicated device, if that's what the CrystalSky will actually be. I would also not blink an eye on the price if it is 100% compatible and trouble free, and has that 2k Nit brightness. Even if I just had to set up a hotspot on my phone and connect via wifi, Crystalsky might be better for me. The other option is to upgrade to the new Galaxy S8+ which costs as much as the top of the line Crystalsky. Anything else is not an option due to brightness and size. I want to remain portable.

As far as compatibility to the Mavic controller, I bet they will either make an adapter for the display to fit the arms or offer replacement arms for the controller. Just my guess/hope.

You hear me DJI?! if you make it, we will come!!

2017-4-26
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

I actually plan on using this for my Ronin-M as well as an external monitor. Do you guys think it has an HDMI input?
2017-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

No Man's Drone Posted at 2017-5-8 12:54
I actually plan on using this for my Ronin-M as well as an external monitor. Do you guys think it has an HDMI input?

It sure does...
2017-5-8
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-8 12:58
It sure does...

I hope it does. All I read is an HDMI output and that's a bit sad because I'm planning to get the other bigger 1000 nit screen and for an almost $700 price range, I sure hope it has an HDMI input!

Do you know where I can find a spec sheet?
2017-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

No Man's Drone Posted at 2017-5-8 13:11
I hope it does. All I read is an HDMI output and that's a bit sad because I'm planning to get the other bigger 1000 nit screen and for an almost $700 price range, I sure hope it has an HDMI input!

Do you know where I can find a spec sheet?

http://www.dji.com/crystalsky

This is just the blurb but it does say you can playback through the hdmi. Doesn't say input, so maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I read it somewhere.
2017-5-8
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

So there's no HDMI input. DJI themselves linked me to the PDF for the hardware specs. Too bad, I wanted to use this for Ronin-M. I guess they are just really for aerial shots. I do have a Mavic Pro but to be honest, a monitor with this price range should've come with an HDMI input.

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/C ... _multi_20170510.pdf
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules