New Firmware Update and P3 Totaled!
767 4 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5bff1bb9
New

Ireland

After updating my P3 firmware a couple of days ago I took it out for the first flight yesterday since the update, immediately after take off the aircraft started acting erratically and wasn't responding to commands or RTH, after 2-5 min of this it stabilized enough to control and hovered directly above me at 180'.  While hovering my signal strength would constantly max out and zero out back and forth until it completely losses signal (mind you it never lost the camera feed????), the aircraft began ascending ⬆️ at full speed until it reached around 650'-680' where it goes solid black and shuts down tumbling end over end to the concrete!!!  TOTALED is a understatement!  Anyone else had the pleasure of this, and what should I do?
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know the firmware of your RC? you have done all the calibration before flight? how about the environment around?
Would you please sync your flight records through APP and provide us your account username and the time it happened, we'd help you analyze the data.
2016-11-16
Use props
baychilla
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-16 19:47
May I know the firmware of your RC? you have done all the calibration before flight? how about the e ...

I'd politely suggest you re-read the OPs post.  He said the drone had a free fall from 600-800 feet AGL onto concrete.  
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

baychilla Posted at 2016-11-17 13:23
I'd politely suggest you re-read the OPs post.  He said the drone had a free fall from 600-800 fee ...

Really sorry for that, thanks for your notice, we will help him create a case and analyze the flight records once he provides us the information.
2016-11-16
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

baychilla Posted at 2016-11-16 19:23
I'd politely suggest you re-read the OPs post.  He said the drone had a free fall from 600-800 fee ...

Aloha baychilla,

Your politeness is appreciated.  There is not enough of it here on the Forum.  But really, if you think about it, there is nothing Natalia wrote that ignores fans5 disastrous fall from 600-800 feet.  Her requests were professional and appropriate.  Syncing the flight records provides an amazing amount of information that can be used to help figure out what happened.  How else will Natalia be able to help if she is not able to see the flight records?  All that instability that fans5 notes will be recorded as well as the possible cause, hopefully.  If DJI is to help others avoid such disasters, they need this kind of information.  

Her request regarding the flight environment was also appropriate.  Be sure you fly in environments that have little or no interference and be sure you learn how to tell that an environment is prone to interference.  I almost lost my P3 due to interference and that was a very quick lesson!

Finally, Natalia's offer to help will do no good unless she knows fans5's information and the time it happened so she can look up the flight information.  It is sad that these disasters happen but to resolve the issues involved and get fans5 back in the air, certain steps will have to be taken so that information can be discovered so it does not happen to others and fans5 again.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules