X5 Fan makes OSMO X5R unusable for anything with sound
2901 13 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gee_Gee
lvl.1
Canada

Please give us some options in software to deal with this.  This being the fan noise of the X5R making it unusable for any sound work.

At least turn off the fan when no SSD so we can record to the micro card

Alternatively please give us a massive discount on purchasing a Pro version with no lense ( hence no noisy SSD fans)

Massive note to anyone thinking of purchasing the OSMO X5R.  Seriously consider the fact of loud fan noise in your purchase decision.
2016-11-16
Use props
fansf55d33f6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use it for production work and only use the mic connected to then Osmo for reference. I use a separate audio recorder for my sound so I don't have that issue. But yes if you're only using the audio from the osmo the fan is a problem. DJI replied to this issue already and said they can't turnoff the fan because it gets too hot.
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry about it, it overheats if we turn off the fan. That's why we made some changes on X4S and X5S cameras.
2016-11-17
Use props
wbut2
Banned

Macao

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-17
Use props
Gee_Gee
lvl.1
Canada

A note to User fansf55d33f6 - Separate Audio recording is not the issue.  In a moderately quiet environment the fan noise is still very audible on the separate recorder.  In a quiet environment the noise is unacceptable.
2016-11-17
Use props
Gee_Gee
lvl.1
Canada

I'd second the option for a special offer to swap over to the x5s if there is indeed no fan noise.  Thor please keep us posted
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

wbut2 Posted at 2016-11-17 19:09
If the issue cannot be solved, will there be any special offer for x5 user to change to x5s?

I'm afraid not, DJI has never done things like this before.
2016-11-17
Use props
BuyrsRemorse
New

United States

What they seem to be saying is that they are abandoning the product and ignoring the problem - and telling their customers that they don't care how much money they spent.  Too Bad. It's broke. We won't fix it.  This is really bad news and makes me wish I never bought an x5r - anything you record with an x5r on an OSMO will sound like it was shot in a dentist's office. Thanks, DJI. Waste of money, and big waste of time waiting for you to fix a major, major flaw in your design. If that's how you support your customers, I'm taking my money elsewhere and letting everyone out there know what they will actually get if they purchase this camera.
2017-2-2
Use props
RAIDEN
lvl.1

Italy

Just bought a X5R osmo raw combo and erased my order immediately.. It's not the first time I hear similar things.. I myself have been told wrong things from THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT before buying and got caught in buying something that wasn't just what they said
2017-2-2
Use props
GilbertLeo
lvl.1
United States

Can you use the X5s camera with the osmo?
2017-2-5
Use props
fans013a912c
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Is there any resolution to the X5R fan noise issue. It is a complete show stopper for audio. Essentially the camera audio cannot be used and the camera makes too much noise to be used on set.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans08f20ce3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 792028 ft
United Kingdom

I agree. Any news on a fix, we're shooting a feature and will use seperate sound, never the less in quiet locations the fan noise is awful and limits filming.
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fans08f20ce3 Posted at 2017-3-13 11:35
I agree. Any news on a fix, we're shooting a feature and will use seperate sound, never the less in quiet locations the fan noise is awful and limits filming.

Sorry, there's no fix for this, because if we tune down the fan, the machine would overheats.
2017-3-13
Use props
mengus
New

France

Ok, so give  the customers their money back !!
impossible to use X5 and X5R in a quiet environment !!!
SO guys just use your X5 and X5R for rock concerts, skateboard shoot and that's all
Thanks DJI
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules