Does DJI Go 3.1 use Here Maps?
8938 62 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dan484
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305364 ft
United States

its DJI Go app version 3.0.0 on android and above that uses HERE.  I downgraded to 2.9.1 because of this.  The HERE integration is so bad that all I see with the latest Go App are green blobs and some street names.  Horrible step in the wrong direction.  PLEASE BRING BACK GOOGLE MAPS
2016-12-25
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Is there a way to cache the Google Map area you'll be flying in over the one that the new GO app installs using the Hero or Apple/TomTom maps?

i.e. Delete the Hero Map in cache when ready to fly someplace, and download and install the Google Maps in its place, and lock out Hero maps (or Apple/TomTom maps) somehow by turning off the cellular connection and Wi-Fi both (Airplane mode on the tabelet or phone)?
2016-12-25
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-11-21 09:32
There's always Litchi and Autopilot right?

Yes Litchi uses Google maps.   I now use Litchi 100% of the time because the amorphous green blob map on Go is unusable.
2016-12-25
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

Imagine shelling out all that money for an upgraded Inspire 2 and find that the flagship DJI app has a blurry low res out of date map system!!!!!!!!!!
2016-12-25
Use props
fans5d8b432f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Actually, I am a Mavic user and now have the same problem!  DJI have said that go still uses Google maps, but I recognise the colouration of roads etc as definitely Here maps, which are USELESS!  Mavic, S7edge in Yorkshire UK.
2016-12-26
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I cached HERE maps today on my Android ... but noticed that once they loaded into Go when I went to fly ... my House is now inside a No Fly Zone !! Yes I am about 2km as crow flies from Ventspils Airport - but prior to caching the maps - the RED No Fly Zone was much smaller and i could fly near 1km from house towards Airport. (Airport is virtually unused now and Director is pal of mine ... so I fly there).

mmmmmm interesting !

Nigel
2017-1-3
Use props
XRSTOY1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107976 ft
United States

dan484 Posted at 2016-12-25 05:22
its DJI Go app version 3.0.0 on android and above that uses HERE.  I downgraded to 2.9.1 because of this.  The HERE integration is so bad that all I see with the latest Go App are green blobs and some street names.  Horrible step in the wrong direction.  PLEASE BRING BACK GOOGLE MAPS

Actually Android version 3.0.1 still uses Google maps. But Yes I will not use HERE maps they are absolutely
unacceptabel
2017-1-3
Use props
XRSTOY1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-17 19:21
I've double checked that, the map will be changed to "Here map" after upgrading to V3.1.0.

I think DJI need to see what their customers think about the HERE maps

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=72876
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Very sorry for the inconvenience caused, and we're aware of your feedback, will improve it and hope you have great experiences!
2017-1-4
Use props
dineli
lvl.2

Switzerland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-4 00:06
Very sorry for the inconvenience caused, and we're aware of your feedback, will improve it and hope you have great experiences!

This would be cool, thank you in advance!
2017-1-4
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

Murilo Carmello Posted at 2016-12-23 02:22
I had problens with "HERE" and I needed to downgrade to DJI GO 3.0

http://forum.dji.com/thread-72328-1-1.html

Would you mind sharing the (trusted) website you used to download the DJI GO 3.0 *.apk file?  Makes me nervous with all the viruses now days

Thank you
2017-1-4
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Phantom One Posted at 2017-1-4 12:33
Would you mind sharing the (trusted) website you used to download the DJI GO 3.0 *.apk file?  Makes me nervous with all the viruses now days

Thank you

Just get some good AV software on your system, than it's not a concern. But here you go, page down some.
https://apkplz.com/android-apps/dji-go
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI GO Android
DJI R&D Squad

China

dan484 Posted at 2016-12-25 05:22

Hello, is it convenient to tell me your GPS coordinates, we are convenient to compare the local satellite data is worse than Google. Thank you very much.
2017-1-4
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
Israel

Phantom One Posted at 2017-1-4 12:33

Thank you

Sure:

2017-1-5
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-4 13:04
Just get some good AV software on your system, than it's not a concern. But here you go, page down some.
https://apkplz.com/android-apps/dji-go

Thank you William, much appreciated.
2017-1-5
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
United States

Thank you Murilo, much appreciated.

Edit: Nice Video!  Thanks
2017-1-5
Use props
XRSTOY1
lvl.1
United States

I think that would make a lot of customer very happy. Until then I will stick with a Google Maps version .
2017-1-5
Use props
phil.philmerry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125482 ft
United Kingdom

I've not done much flying over the winter and as such have just gone through a big update on myP3, RC and Dji Go.  Very disapointed with the 'New' Maps, rubbish, out of date and very distorted.  I also use Litchi for all the extras but have been dispointed with the maps being 3-4 years out of date, let us choose our maps
2017-1-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I did a screenshot of Google and Here maps of a local soccer practice field in California.  The resolution is obvious as to which map wins.

From what I glean, the Nokia Hero maps are better in Europe and offer some advanatges over settings other than less resolution which fliers need.  Google seems better in the USA.

Google vs. Hero Map Resolution

Google vs. Hero Map Resolution
2017-1-6
Use props
dineli
lvl.2

Switzerland

Come on, DJI, these here maps really are no fun at all... it can't be too difficult to go back to google maps! Thank you!
2017-2-10
Use props
dineli
lvl.2

Switzerland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-20 23:28
Thanks, we've reported this case to our engineers, will let you know for any news.
Very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If DJI does not give anything on the opinion of the people buying their products, why not telling frankly instead of spreading hope it would change. It surely is not rocket science to change back, isn't it?
2017-3-3
Use props
fans24c57994
New
Australia

Hello, I'm a new user and have just joined this forum trying to resolve the map problem. I had Google but now have Here. I can describe Here maps as dreadfully out of date (perhaps up to 10 years over my home) and of poorer quality than Google. Does DJI have an acceptable solution at present?
2017-4-19
Use props
CCPTY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296575 ft
Panama

Same problem with HERO here! Any news on when DJI is going back to Google Maps?

Cheers!
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules