3603 13 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ReelTech Aerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 460269 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

was about to push the button and purchase an M600 Pro however the release of the Inspire 2 and x5s have raised a few questions, namely compatibility with the M600.

Will the M600 be able to accomodate the new X5s?

The issue I forsee is that the Inspire 2 has the SSD onbaord the craft along with the new processing system in the nose. Without an addition to the M600 i cannot see that the camera is going to be compatible?

I am sure I share a slight feeling of annoyance with many that the newer camera systems are not backward compatible with the Inspire 1 platform. However I understand that its a money making excercise meaning people will need to shell out on all new kit to get the newest imaging capabilities. I also appreciate what the new packaging has made possible in terms of interference, agility, speed, etc... however as the M600 is so new, especially the Pro version, surely it should be able to support these new cameras.

The new Inspire 2 looks awesome, and is a big leap forward, however as someone who already owns an Inspire 1 RAW and is in need of a more industrial platform to carry cinema grade cameras as well as being  more suited to industrial applications (surveying etc...) I feel the Inspire 2 isnt as up to the job as the M600 with drtk-gnss. Not forgetting the appeal of being able to carry such a light  5.2k RAW camera with a 4.2Gbps write speed for greater flight times.  However if this camera is not compatible maybe ill move sides to Freefly.

Thanks

Tom

2016-11-16
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

I too have hopes that the new technology introduced on the I2 will "land" on the M600P as the next logical platform to enhance. It is obvious that the I1/I2 backward compatibility is not viable and I will keep my I1 as is since it is FAA registered and still a capable machine.
I do however hope that the M600P that I ordered will be "blessed" with some of the technology upgrades depicted in the I2 release specifications. Here's to hoping for logical to prevail in the DJI world of marketing.
I originally expected to hope for a GH5 combination w/ M600P, but actually hope now for compatibility with the  X$ and X5S as a really awesome combo!
2016-11-16
Use props
Cymon66
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

skyvideoct Posted at 2016-11-16 22:18
I too have hopes that the new technology introduced on the I2 will "land" on the M600P as the next l ...

Don't hold you breath guys !  DJI are good at pulling the carpet away from under us !

The I-2 isn't compatible with the X5 or X5r or the Flir XT camera's because I've already asked ! And.. I think the M600 isnt supported to fly the New Z-30 either, and I've asked for clarification from DJI
2016-11-24
Use props
ReelTech Aerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 460269 ft
United Kingdom

Cymon66 Posted at 2016-11-25 04:08
Don't hold you breath guys !  DJI are good at pulling the carpet away from under us !

The I-2 isn' ...

keep me updated on what they say when they get back to you please dude
2016-11-29
Use props
Cymon66
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ReelTech Aerial Posted at 2016-11-29 14:44
keep me updated on what they say when they get back to you please dude

Apparently, the Z-30 is compatible, but not the X5s or X4s
2016-11-29
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do yourself a huge favor and wait on the M600 Pro.  Unless you are sure they have fixed the mess that is the M600 I would wait to make sure.  
Also, the M600Pro will be compatible with all of the cameras coming out.  They will make adapters like they have already for the X5 and X5R
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Cymon66 Posted at 2016-11-25 12:08

The I-2 isn' ...

Yes you are correct that the Inspire 2 will not be able to use the older cameras. The Z30 is compatible with both the M600 and the M600 Pro. Not all the spec pages have been completely updated due to the recent product adds, so I do apologize for the confusion. The current challenge for making the X5S and the X4S compatible with the M600/Pro is the image processor that is built into the I2, but not the M600 series. I do not forsee these cameras remaining as an I2 specific set, but there will most likely be more components going into that future kit besides just an adaptor plate.
2016-11-30
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1032070 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-30 15:27
Yes you are correct that the Inspire 2 will not be able to use the older cameras. The Z30 is compatible with both the M600 and the M600 Pro. Not all the spec pages have been completely updated due to the recent product adds, so I do apologize for the confusion. The current challenge for making the X5S and the X4S compatible with the M600/Pro is the image processor that is built into the I2, but not the M600 series. I do not forsee these cameras remaining as an I2 specific set, but there will most likely be more components going into that future kit besides just an adaptor plate.

Any news on this subject. I would like to use the x5s on a m600. So we need an adapterplate and the imageprocessing unit in one or seperate package (imageprocessing unit on top of m600 or integrated with the adapterplate).
2017-2-15
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Cymon66 Posted at 2016-11-24 20:08

The I-2 isn't compatible with the X5 or X5r or the Flir XT camera's because I've already asked ! And.. I think the M600 isnt supported to fly the New Z-30 either, and I've asked for clarification from DJI

M600 is supported (well, maybe) to use Z30, see my post on it. BUT, they are not clear that you need a new gimbal mount. So we spent the 9k on the Z30, only to realize we needed the mount, so there was 2 weeks because of Chinese new years, and then they wont comment on asking to verify the install. I have another thread on here saying the Z30 doesn't mate to M600 where DJI and others commented. I'd have to look to see what they said again.
2017-2-15
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1032070 ft
Netherlands

shawn_ Posted at 2017-2-15 07:07
M600 is supported (well, maybe) to use Z30, see my post on it. BUT, they are not clear that you need a new gimbal mount. So we spent the 9k on the Z30, only to realize we needed the mount, so there was 2 weeks because of Chinese new years, and then they wont comment on asking to verify the install. I have another thread on here saying the Z30 doesn't mate to M600 where DJI and others commented. I'd have to look to see what they said again.

Hi, ok but the original question is if the DJI X5S and 4s will be compatible with the M600. It is of course good to know if and when the Z30 will be available for the M600 but i am mostly interested in the X5S. For the Z30 that should be easier to solve with an appropriate mount but the X5S and 4S need an addiditional part and that is the image processing unit wich is integrated in the DJI Inspire 2
2017-2-15
Use props
fans63d590d6
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

Krankie Posted at 2016-11-29 20:09
Do yourself a huge favor and wait on the M600 Pro.  Unless you are sure they have fixed the mess that is the M600 I would wait to make sure.  
Also, the M600Pro will be compatible with all of the cameras coming out.  They will make adapters like they have already for the X5 and X5R

Are you sure about this? I have an I-2 and thinking about switching it for an m600p while keeping the x5s. But it wont do me any good if they never do the adapter. Also, do you have any idea when they might launch the adapter if they decide to?
2017-4-24
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

News Flash. Te\he most important piece of the puzzle just got it's own page on DJI. The processor to handle the images from the X5S is now a DJI product.
Check out the link: http://www.dji.com/manifold
2017-5-9
Use props
fansf833fadc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6430187 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

So how would you use this new manifold on the M600 + the X5S ? - Cant really get it.. you would need the SSD harddrive reader - but there´s still no adapter between the camera and the drone? - i mean no adapter, no connection to the manifold right?
2017-5-9
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf833fadc Posted at 2017-5-9 10:43
So how would you use this new manifold on the M600 + the X5S ? - Cant really get it.. you would need the SSD harddrive reader - but there´s still no adapter between the camera and the drone? - i mean no adapter, no connection to the manifold right?

maybe it works for the X4S ???
2017-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules