Gimbal Disconnected?! - SOLVED?
97007 57 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chappy838
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11214 ft
United Kingdom

This forum via google saved me a lot of bother today, was having this gimbal issue with phantom 4 Pro, it was the sd card causing the gimbal disconnect. Changed card and problem went away.
2018-6-16
Use props
Woland64
lvl.1
Italy

I have the same problem since I swapped the original SD card with a compliant 64GB one from SanDisk. I have read through the thread, but unfortunately none of the suggestions does the trick for me: formatting the card, replacing the new card with the original one, upgrading the firmware.
Indeed what I have not done
2018-7-8
Use props
Woland64
lvl.1
Italy

I have the same problem on Mavic Pro since I swapped the original SD card with a compliant 64GB one from SanDisk. Black screen, gimbal disconnected (but in fact working without streaming the video).
I have read through the thread, but unfortunately none of the suggestions does the trick for me: formatting the card from the app, replacing the new card with the original one, upgrading the firmware.
Indeed what I have not done is PC formatting, but just because the comment I have read seems to be for Mac.
What helped me was using the USB cable connected with the mobile, after disconnecting the miniUSB, as suggested in a youtube video on the same issue. The Mavic works fine in this way.
However this is just a workaround, since when I reconnect the miniUSB cable the problema appears again. Clearly using the USB cable is not as handy as using the miniUSB.
BTW this seems the same workaround suggested in one of the replies to this thread.
As somebody wrote, I find it ridiculous that such a sophisticated and expensive device has this type of problem, and I am (negatively) surprised DJI as not fixed it yet. I wonder if somebody reads the forums.
So here I am for any other suggestion and thanks in advance. I will wait sometime before sending it back.
2018-7-8
Use props
smatthews62
lvl.1

United States

ctopysf Posted at 2016-11-17 13:37
Ok, so this is the strangest thing.

As I was packing up my Mavic to get ready to ship back, I replaced the 32GB microsd card that I had in there with the card that came with the Mavic and it occurred to me to just double check it, you never know. It started working again.

Same story. "Gimbal Disconnected" message. I called Support and they tried to get me to recalibrate the gimbal (Failed because the gimbal was "disconnected"). Screen on DJI Go 4 App showed an out of focus image and a flicker every 4-5 seconds.

I ready your post and pulled the 64 GB card and tried another. everything worked fine. Flew several times to test. All is well.

I put the card that seemed to have caused the problem in back in and the problem reappeared. I agree with the person that posted, "DJI should fix this so that a 'bad' card doesn't throw a "Gimbal Disconnected" message. Or at least have tech support know that this is an easy debugging step. Tech Support didn't mention this as a possible cause.  Such an easy "fix" too...  
2018-8-11
Use props
Josimd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10591 ft

Netherlands

Hi Gents, I have also the Gimbal Disconnected error on my DJI Phantom 3, after started up, it gives a video picture, but the aircraft is beeping; beep - beep.... beep - beep... the led in front of the gimbal is burning solid green. I cannot move the gimbal with the remote controller, it also does not record video.

I tried to upgrade / downgrade the firmware, but also that fails, it gives a long beeeeeep....

When removing the SD card, the led goes from green to red. (don't know if this is normal)

The aircraft is flying without any issues, I use a iPhone X....

Relinking the RC did not worked out, error stays.

Hope for any valuable suggestions!! many thanks!!
2018-9-7
Use props
fans17dcace6
New

Philippines

Hi Everyone I’m experiencing error on sparky. I can fly my spark ,control the gimbal but no image display. Error says  Gimbal disconnected. Anyone experieced this before? Any solution?
2018-12-29
Use props
DaveJean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44295 ft
Canada

fans17dcace6 Posted at 2018-12-29 22:10
Hi Everyone I’m experiencing error on sparky. I can fly my spark ,control the gimbal but no image display. Error says  Gimbal disconnected. Anyone experieced this before? Any solution?

Any conclusion from DJI? It's the same problem for everyone and nothing to repair it seems to be proposed by DJI....
2019-4-2
Use props
Argus Rising
New

United States

Guy driver Posted at 2018-4-16 07:11
Talked to service.  No joy.  Said must be a cable and to send to Grapvine Texas.  I really do not want a refurbished MP.  Want mine back.  Never crashed and original blades still.  Going to cost me?

Where exactly in Grapevine Texas? Is it DJI or an independant repair center? I live here and have this issue. Thanks.
2019-4-4
Use props
fans428dd2b0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275922 ft
United States

James Dowlen Posted at 2017-9-20 10:19
I had a very similar episode with my Mavic. The gimbal suddenly would not transmitt signal to my controller. I got the "NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION  error. and GIMBAL DISCONNECTED error. I was ready to start the painful process of tech support etc. Thankfully I found this thread. I tried inserting different SD card and to my amazement the gimbal now is connected and camera works now.

I reformatted the SD card in my computer and retried it. This did the trick.

This thread saved my bacon.  Had the same problem-had just deleted some files from my SD card to make more space available. After re-formate problem went away.

Had a similar SD card problem not long ago.  I was unable to update the Mavic Pro Platinum, no matter what I did.  Finally, I happened to take out the SD card and the update worked fine.
2019-6-24
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I haven't had this issue, but I sure am glad I came across this thread.
2019-6-25
Use props
Schwirtz
New

United States

( Switching the SD Card was the fix!! ) = Same problem with a new drone 2 flights I switched my SD card from 16gb to a 32 and then the disconnect happened plugged it into my computer and the card is corrupted and unreadable.  - makes me wonder if my drone did this to the card as it was working fine until then.
2019-8-9
Use props
ToddWaddington
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333947 ft

After a crash I used my Refresh agreement to replace my P4P.  I got the same message when trying to set up remote.  I don't remember "linking" the first time I activated my first P4P but this video did the trick:  https://youtu.be/jPdlE_zKWYk
2019-10-17
Use props
nrgetic
New

Switzerland

New Mavic Pro owner, ran into the same issue. Glad I found this thread. I had renamed a file on the SD card from the default dji... to "ND8 ISO100 Shutter150 WBCloudy FilterNormal Sharp+1 Contr+1 Satur+0.mp4". After the rename I got Gimbal disconnected error. Then I removed the file with the long name and all was good again...
2019-12-20
Use props
Anees Afzal
New

Turkey

Dji spark gimbal disconnected problem
2020-1-15
Use props
Aikifly
New

United States

I just had this happen to me today, gimbal says it's disconnected doesn't respond to any controls or cannot recenter or calibrate. Brought home updated firmware recalibrated IMU and searched online for help. Glad I found your post because I tried to format sd card that was in craft and it didn't work. I put in another one and all of a sudden everything is fine. I was using a Samsung 128gb level 3 card for a long time no problems. Thanks for posting and such a weird thing to happen to have sd card affect gimbal and lens. So far so good. I contacted DJI support and was thinking i am going to have to send this in.
2020-9-15
Use props
fansb28ffd66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247733 ft
United States

I had a similar situation pop up. I had a fumble problem before ( it was jarred past the supports after a crash but after I got it back in place did fine). Anyway no matter what I did I had gimbal error message. I changed the connection cord from my iPhone to the controller and all errors disappeared.
2022-1-31
Use props
StressPuppy
lvl.1

United States

I'm running into this issue, but slightly different. Hoping someone has some insights.

When I connect my MP, I get what everyone else has mentioned: N/A for all the camera fields and "Gimbal Disconnected" in the status. However, if I wait about 4-5 minutes, it then comes up and works fine. Different SD card, reformatting SD card, different cable, even tried on my iPhone and my iPad Mini, nothing makes a different. The only thing is waiting. If I turn it off and right back on again (as if you were changing a battery), it continues to work as expected. However, if I turn everything off and wait about 2-3 minutes and start everything back up, I'm right back to the N/A and "Gimbal Disconnected". If I wait, eventually the N/A and status clear up.

Any thoughts on why this would happen? The only thing I can think is something is warming up, but since most everything here is about the SD card, what could be "warming up" related to the SD card?
2022-5-5
Use props
HIGSBO
lvl.1

United States

StressPuppy Posted at 2022-5-5 13:47
I'm running into this issue, but slightly different. Hoping someone has some insights.

When I connect my MP, I get what everyone else has mentioned: N/A for all the camera fields and "Gimbal Disconnected" in the status. However, if I wait about 4-5 minutes, it then comes up and works fine. Different SD card, reformatting SD card, different cable, even tried on my iPhone and my iPad Mini, nothing makes a different. The only thing is waiting. If I turn it off and right back on again (as if you were changing a battery), it continues to work as expected. However, if I turn everything off and wait about 2-3 minutes and start everything back up, I'm right back to the N/A and "Gimbal Disconnected". If I wait, eventually the N/A and status clear up.

This is precisely what happens to me, I bought a new SD card and the same thing is happening Gimbal Disconnected. I waited a while, and eventually, after 3 screen flickers, it came on.
2023-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules