[Misleading title] Mavic 2 confirmed + features & release date
12Next >
35359 73 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Voodoo8648
lvl.1
United States

Just one day after the announcement of the Phantom 4 Pro and Inprire 2, I am excited to announce that I have CANCELED my long awaited order for the Mavic after having talked to a represenative from DJI who, today leaked the confirmation of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro along with some of the expected features of the new Mavic.

Since I wouldn't be receiving my Mavic until around the first day of winter, I figured it would be best to wait for the updated Mavic in hopes to see some of the featrures found in the newly announced Phantom 4 pro, integrated into the Mavic 2, such as 360 degree obstacle avoidance.

In addition, I recorded the phone call with the DJI represenative and have uploaded it to Youtube along with a brief commentary of my anticipation and logic for an April 2017 release date:

2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Yes, that's generally how it works...  Often times they're working on features that will be in the next version even before the current version is launched.  A new model every 6-12 months isn't abnormal or new.  I didn't see you addressing the release of the FC40, Phantom 3 4K, Advanced, or Pro in your video.
2016-11-16
Use props
MHM1170
lvl.2

United States

You funny........That you would record the conversation, which leads me to say BS...............LOL Who/why would you do this............and for what reason.
2016-11-16
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Wait what?

You thought the fact DJI is working on the next Mavic is a news flash?  

I might be going out on a limb here but I'm going to say that Apple releases the iphone 7s next year and that it will happen in September.  Ohh . . . and it will have a faster processor, better battery life and a new camera that will make every photo look like a Unicorn $hiting a rainbow.

Lol
2016-11-16
Use props
Voodoo8648
lvl.1
United States

MHM1170 Posted at 2016-11-16 22:51
You funny........That you would record the conversation, which leads me to say BS...............LOL  ...

I have an app on my phone that records ALL calls, and I called them in an effort to really find out if I should wait or cancel my order. After he confirmed that they are working on the Mavic 2 I decided that I should posted the audio, because.... I'm the first to legitimately confirm it
2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

MHM1170 Posted at 2016-11-16 19:51
You funny........That you would record the conversation, which leads me to say BS...............LOL  ...

As if a CSR is going to have some vast knowledge of DJI's secret R&D let alone going to give it out freely...  He basically said DJI will make the next version better and it will come out sometime in the future.
2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Voodoo8648 Posted at 2016-11-16 19:56
I have an app on my phone that records ALL calls, and I called them in an effort to really find ou ...

You were the one who called it Mavic 2, not him...  And he was as baffled by the question as we are.

Look, if you're worried about a more technologically advanced electronic device to come out, you should never buy an electronic device.
2016-11-16
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Voodoo8648 Posted at 2016-11-16 19:56
I have an app on my phone that records ALL calls, and I called them in an effort to really find ou ...

I'm sure you're aware it's illegal to record a phone conversation unless the person has either agreed or there's a judge signing off.

Might want to study up on "one party consent" before you throw the evidence on line.
2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-11-16 19:51
Wait what?

You thought the fact DJI is working on the next Mavic is a news flash?  

Being the soothsayer I am...  I'm gonna say it will come with iOS 11!
2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-11-16 20:04
I'm sure you're aware it's illegal to record a phone conversation unless the person has either agr ...

That's not at all true...  It just means it may not be admissible in court.  Also, they don't have to "agree," just be made aware.
2016-11-16
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-11-16 20:07
That's not at all true...  It just means it may not be admissible in court.  Also, they don't have ...

I make the assumption the caller wouldn't continue if they didn't agree.  

However you're correct, they need to be aware the conversation is being recorded, nobody's forcing them to stay on the line.
2016-11-16
Use props
Voodoo8648
lvl.1
United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-11-16 23:04
I'm sure you're aware it's illegal to record a phone conversation unless the person has either agr ...

The representative is aware that all calls are recorded and monitored as stated here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvUWxjgM4SuQhbZ7PYzTh-IUm1k5cQ
2016-11-16
Use props
Voodoo8648
lvl.1
United States

Anyways.... it IS an official leak by DJI because the representative confirms that he has knowledge of the development of the Mavic 2. In addition, I believe my speculation of an April 2017 announcement is accurate. So for those of you who want to know an estimated time of announcement of the Mavic 2, here it is.

Based on the logistics of the development, manufacturing, and delivery process; I predict that we will know everything there is to know about the Mavic 2 around April 2017.
2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-11-16 20:15
I make the assumption the caller wouldn't continue if they didn't agree.  

However you're correct ...

Yes, it's one reason why companies will have a recording stating "this call may be recorded."

By the way, you mentioned "one party-consent" when I think you meant "two-party consent" (all-parties would also be acceptable)...  There's only a handful of states that go by two party consent laws, and OP is not in one (Ohio).
2016-11-16
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Lol,he was just trying to be help-full, but the way he talked, he doesn't know anything. He just tells what everyone already knows:

1) The moment a product is finished, they start working on the next edition (every company does that, they base their next product on the specs of the current and see how it can be improved with new tech)
2) He didn't tell it would have better flytime, he thinks it will (that is what everyone wants)
3) He didn't knew anything.
2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Voodoo8648 Posted at 2016-11-16 20:26
Anyways.... it IS an official leak by DJI because the representative confirms that he has knowledge  ...

Are you a wizard...?
2016-11-16
Use props
Voodoo8648
lvl.1
United States

Voodoo8648 Posted at 2016-11-16 23:26
Anyways.... it IS an official leak by DJI because the representative confirms that he has knowledge  ...

What you do with that information is up to you.... for me; I'm waiting. For those of you who already received your Mavic.... you will want a Mavic 2 next summer and will be subject to a 25-50% loss in value when you sell your used Mavic. That is the reality that I wanted to expose.
2016-11-16
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Voodoo8648 Posted at 2016-11-16 20:37
What you do with that information is up to you.... for me; I'm waiting. For those of you who alrea ...

Profound logic!

I'm sure DJI will stop at the 2 and never upgrade again . . . right?

Cue the Twilight Zone theme!
2016-11-16
Use props
Stu-pak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144570 ft
South Africa

And in April 2017 we cancel orders because of Mavic 3 in November 2017? There will always be a new one.
It's just at what point you feel comfortable buying one.
But yes, in terms of reliability, the Mavic 2 will likely be even more refined in terms of hardware and software to begin with.
2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Voodoo8648 Posted at 2016-11-16 20:37
What you do with that information is up to you.... for me; I'm waiting. For those of you who alrea ...

Summer...?  I thought you said it was coming out in April?  
2016-11-16
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Voodoo8648 Posted at 2016-11-17 05:26

The words "speculation" and "accurate" in the same sentence...  Yup
2016-11-16
Use props
Voodoo8648
lvl.1
United States

Stu-pak Posted at 2016-11-16 23:53
And in April 2017 we cancel orders because of Mavic 3 in November 2017? There will always be a new o ...

I believe that the spring / summer 2017 release will be the perfect drone to go for. It will probably integrate the 360 degree obstacle avoidance and longer battery life. In addition, a summer release will be a hell of a lot better than receiving a drone in the middle of a cold winter, only to find out that a newer better drone will be released in the start of warm weather, just after you were too cold to fly your older $1,000 drone all winter.
2016-11-16
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

I like when people quote themselves on forums.  Now, I have go take an official leak.
2016-11-16
Use props
JulianX4
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Voodoo8648 Posted at 2016-11-17 00:31
I believe that the spring / summer 2017 release will be the perfect drone to go for. It will proba ...

I hate to break it to you, but x months after the Mavic 2, there will be a Mavic 3 which again will be better than the 2, so I'd suggest you wait for the 3. Then again, there will a 4 after that....  
I think your best bet is to keep waiting.
2016-11-16
Use props
Voodoo8648
lvl.1
United States

JulianX4 Posted at 2016-11-17 00:45
I hate to break it to you, but x months after the Mavic 2, there will be a Mavic 3 which again wil ...

In my opinion, the Inspire 2 is as close to perfect as today's technology can get. There is a difference between technological advances and intentional technological withholds in future version releases..... DJI  obviously had the technology for 360 degree obstacle avoidance before releasing the P4 pro, but designed future profits into their marketing model.

I believe the Mavic 2 is already developed and ready for shipment... it's just a matter of marketing evolution. The point to be made here is that the perfect drone to be purchased on the precipice of announcement and significant amounts of money can be save by having patience.
2016-11-16
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

Really??  This is non-news.  Of course they aren't going to stop at Mavic 1.  Here's what I'd expect in Mavic 2 - basically the new features of the P4P, but mostly:

- 5-directional object avoidance like the P4P has.  6 would be better.
- Active track
- RTH traces path back
- Longer flight time per battery (we always want this, right?)
2016-11-16
Use props
halling
lvl.1
Sweden

Not sure what the problem is , if there is a new one in April and I like it I will buy that one also and the next one and so on.

If you can't afford it and need to stretch very thin to buy the mavic I wouldn't recommend doing it and use the money for more important things.

Value loss is always a thing, when I buy a new car it loses 20% before I even start the engine at the dealer , it's called life
2016-11-16
Use props
Voodoo8648
lvl.1
United States

halling Posted at 2016-11-17 01:41
Not sure what the problem is , if there is a new one in April and I like it I will buy that one also ...

Ironically you mention the car market. I am a career hustler and I make my money by hustling.... much by buying and selling cars. Most uninformed people lose equity the moment they purchase a new used car because they overpaid for their new car when theyh could have made a better decision
2016-11-16
Use props
David Pumpkins
lvl.2

United States

thanks for the update. =]
2016-11-17
Use props
UAV Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4747 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the UK we have no idea when or if DJI are ever going to supply the MAVIC (version 1), the official reseller has openly said the Sales department at DJI has no clue when either.... My particular reseller orders in batches of 500 units and as of yet have had nothing.... So my comment regarding the work on Version 2 is, lets assume Version 1 is not 'fit for purpose' and has several (see various reports on social media) bugs and flaws in build. then commercially it would make sense to get V2 out asap.

So the real question should be what is going on with Mavic Pro v1?

ps. I have a Xiaomi with call record built in to factory ROM.
2016-11-17
Use props
The Unmaker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey it's fine I'll just switch my 5th October Mavic 1 order to a Mavic 2 when it's still not delivered by April
2016-11-17
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

While waiting for latest and greatest, some of us are going to capture our memory from the sky.
2016-11-17
Use props
hedfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21470 ft
United Kingdom

Stop the world... a company is working on new developments. And here was me thinking that the Mavic would be the last drone DJI ever made. Oh wait a minute, P4P, Inspire 2. Go damn it has someone just released a new iPhone and a new Samsung- and I only just bought this one - none told me they might be working on a new phone technology. God damn it. Stop the world.
2016-11-17
Use props
Brutus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124304 ft
Netherlands

You could have called me, you would have had the same answers
2016-11-17
Use props
freddyms
lvl.2
United States

wow that was a waste of 5 min of my life.
you want credit for being the first person to leak what YOU are calling mavic 2.
news flash for you WE ALL KNOW THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING BIGGER AND BETTER IN THE WORKS.
2016-11-17
Use props
MavicPro
lvl.2

United States

Voodoo8648 Posted at 2016-11-17 01:48
Ironically you mention the car market. I am a career hustler and I make my money by hustling.... m ...

A career hustler what..? wtf are you talking about lol. Going off the current mavic delays the 2 will be no different so even if it was announced in April 2017 you probably wouldnt see it till the weather turned shite again so you would be in the same situation.

Never mind a hustler, i'm a straight up G and I want my mavic 1 now biatchhes
2016-11-17
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

When the Mavic 3 is announced and if the upgrades are worth upgrading to, I will gladly sell my Mavic 1 and take the 25-50% loss and purchase the new one. In the meantime I will enjoy the current model and treasure the footage I was able to capture with it. If you have no plans or events to capture during the next 6-9 months, then by all means wait for the new model, your choice!  But if you are always under the mindset to wait for the next greatest, you will always be waiting....Mavic 2, Mavic 3, Mavic4..............
2016-11-17
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

OK, just a heads up fellas. I just got off the phone with DJI and can also confirm some leaked information. As it turn out DJI is already planning the Phantom 5.  It is said to also have overhead obstacle avoidance and most likely increased battery life! Anyone who ordered the P4P should cancel because the perfect Phantom is just around the corner. What you do with this info is up to you, but take it from me... the creator of 7 minute abs.
2016-11-17
Use props
MavicPro
lvl.2

United States

stealle Posted at 2016-11-17 11:48
OK, just a heads up fellas. I just got off the phone with DJI and can also confirm some leaked infor ...

I'm waiting to pre order the 6 minute abs
2016-11-17
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

stealle Posted at 2016-11-17 17:48
OK, just a heads up fellas. I just got off the phone with DJI and can also confirm some leaked infor ...

I heard from a DJI Engineer that after they Release the Phantom 5, they will work on Phantom 6 to release it  3 Months later. It will have a 1 hour Battery Life.

/Sarcasm Above, Let's be real Below

Like seriously people?
If you keep waiting and waiting for DJI to release products with better technology, you will NEVER buy a Drone.
2016-11-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules