Which to buy and which has ActiveTrack? Osmo/Osmo Mobile
726 1 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc65e036f
lvl.2
United States

Hello,
Im planning on pairing the Mavic with either the Osmo or Osmo mobile, this way I can take all my filming equipement easily with me on long hikes/trips etc.  The problem is I cant decide between the Osmo or Osmo Mobile.  I will have my Iphone 6s+ with me for the Mavic makign the Osmo mobile a convienent yet not as "professional" choice.  I noticed the Osmo mobile has activetrack, is this something the osmo also includes?  Any aditional information is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

-Jeremy
2016-11-16
Use props
fans83f80a1e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71739 ft
United States

The original OSMO does NOT have activetrack.  That functionality is available through 3rd-party apps:  AutoFrame and/or Vertical Studio.  Both work, but neither works particularly well unless the target subject is very "different" than the background (color/contrast) and it doesn't move too fast.  I also can't tell for sure, but it seems Vertical Studio is no longer being supported - even though it is still available.

As I understand it, DJI is NOT planning on adding activetrack functionality to the GO app for the original OSMO.
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules