Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

mrkramer903 Posted at 2016-12-11 11:02
They quickly devalue the product we buy when thay bring out a UP graded  p-4 PRO,we pay a lot for the p-4 then only months later  they bring out a better one  so that now we lose  out,the should make it so the older p-4's can be upgraded as well

The Phantom 4 has been out for some time, and is still a great aircraft. Of course, specs are always improved over time but it does not make the original any less for it.
2016-12-10
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Flight distance : 18766 ft
Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-12-10
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Australia

2016-12-10
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

2016-12-11
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Australia

2016-12-20
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Australia

2016-12-20
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Australia

2016-12-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

2016-12-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mrkramer903 Posted at 2016-12-20 09:43
Here we have CAPTAIN CRACKWAX a boy who thinks he's a forum  controller,forums are for free open thinkers, how bout stop flapping yo u r gums,there's always one

And the forum is for constructive help, not trolling or personal attacks on other members whose advice has helped many over the past year and more.

Fact, any item is likely to fail either when it's new (untried or tested), or when it's old. That's why you get all these companies selling almost worthless extended insurance which usually covers the 'safe' period (2-4 years).

Has your remote control been repaired yet ?

2016-12-20
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

OLZ Posted at 2016-11-29 08:41
Hello, I have the same problem, my remote does not recharge the battery full, the last white light is off and it says that it is 60% of its battery capacity, as I can solve this problem ??, before it did not happen.

Thank you.

what is the controller firmware loaded ? 1.6 or 1.8, maybe try firmware downgrade,
can someone please list all the controller firmware since the release of P4,
I'm just curious how many updates has there been for the P4 controller.
2016-12-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heniek W Posted at 2016-12-20 16:35
what is the controller firmware loaded ? 1.6 or 1.8, maybe try firmware downgrade,
can someone please list all the controller firmware since the release of P4,
I'm just curious how many updates has there been for the P4 controller.

1.58, 1.6 & 1.8 for the P4 controller that I'm aware of, and the list of updates that 1.8 introduced was minimal (some improvement to GL300A and RC to device connectivity improvements), and none directly at the P4 controller (GL300C, unless some connectivity improvements ?).
2016-12-20
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-20 10:45
1.58, 1.6 & 1.8 for the P4 controller that I'm aware of, and the list of updates that 1.8 introduced was minimal (some improvement to GL300A and RC to device connectivity improvements), and none directly at the P4 controller (GL300C, unless some connectivity improvements ?).

are you currently on the 1.8 and are you happy with it ?
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

This thread is on red alert mode. Any offensive posts or comments made to insult other users will result in an immediate 7-day ban.
2016-12-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heniek W Posted at 2016-12-20 17:49
are you currently on the 1.8 and are you happy with it ?

I've been using V1.8 and all the latest updates (DJI Go 4 to be flight tested) with my P4 as they have been released. No obvious problems using V1.8, but I use an iPad Pro 9.7 (IOS 10.1.1) which although quite powerful is not the cheapest device. I also have a Nexus 7 (2013) (Android 6.0.1) as a back up which appears to work well (not flight tested as yet with latest). Most of the video I want is do-able at close range, so I've not stretched it in terms of distance yet.
2016-12-20
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-20 11:09
I've been using V1.8 and all the latest updates (DJI Go 4 to be flight tested) with my P4 as they have been released. No obvious problems using V1.8, but I use an iPad Pro 9.7 (IOS 10.1.1) which although quite powerful is not the cheapest device. I also have a Nexus 7 (2013) (Android 6.0.1) as a back up which appears to work well (not flight tested as yet with latest). Most of the video I want is do-able at close range, so I've not stretched it in terms of distance yet.

sounds good thanks for your reply, how far were you able to fly before the update ?
just curious if the firmware will have any impact on the range.
I just updated it last night  and never had a chance to test it yet.
I think I may try to fly today after work
2016-12-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heniek W Posted at 2016-12-20 18:38
sounds good thanks for your reply, how far were you able to fly before the update ?
just curious if the firmware will have any impact on the range.
I just updated it last night  and never had a chance to test it yet.

I've never had any range problems working up to about 2300 ft (700m) with no loss at all.

If anything DJI Go 4 seems to react a bit faster than the DJI Go (V3.1.0) version.
2016-12-20
Use props
Driller35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

RC fixed and back in hand Thanks DJI for quick turnaround as now have for Christmas shots

Cheers Driller
2016-12-22
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Australia

2016-12-31
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Sweden

mrkramer903 Posted at 2016-12-31 13:21
Now sir I've not had any issue on thIs forum till  geebax aka bighead told me to shut my mouth,I'm no troll but if I got a issue talk bout it if I want no forum want-to-be will tell me  to shut my mouth

Post up please what did you decide with RC? Sent to DJI?
I met same problem unfortunately and want to know what could I do...
2017-1-1
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Australia

2017-1-1
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

mrkramer903 Posted at 2017-1-1 04:30
Well my friend I told dji support I gave a clear repot to them what the issue was,I had to record what the issue was as well, few days later me p-4 got picked up & sent to get battery changed for a new onefor the remote controller,did take them 5 or so days to tell me will take 5  days longer to fix I'd, I moaned that much it got sent back sooner,good luck bro

Thanks for answer.
Does they require a full set? So you can't send only RC with a problem? As heard sometimes they may change aircraft or RC to other and may repair fully workable parts...
Strange, that after several attempts my RC charged. Strange, but and problem with aircraft battery also disappear... Afraid that it could occur again.

Happy New Year!
2017-1-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Somnium Posted at 2017-1-1 08:44
Thanks for answer.
Does they require a full set? So you can't send only RC with a problem? As heard sometimes they may change aircraft or RC to other and may repair fully workable parts...
Strange, that after several attempts my RC charged. Strange, but and problem with aircraft battery also disappear... Afraid that it could occur again.

"Strange, that after several attempts my RC charged. Strange, but and problem with aircraft battery also disappear... Afraid that it could occur again."

If your batteries are charging okay now, try a few test hovers, and recharge batteries a few times to see all is OK. What you describe might not be so strange if the batteries were completely discharged. Or perhaps slight corrosion build up on contacts.
2017-1-1
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-1 09:03
"Strange, that after several attempts my RC charged. Strange, but and problem with aircraft battery also disappear... Afraid that it could occur again."

If your batteries are charging okay now, try a few test hovers, and recharge batteries a few times to see all is OK. What you describe might not be so strange if the batteries were completely discharged. Or perhaps slight corrosion build up on contacts.

Ok, will try, thanks a lot!
Although battery never stored fully discharged...
2017-1-1
Use props
mlynnh
lvl.1
United States

ngvuanh Posted at 2016-11-17 09:29
I have the same issue and already sent in after chat with your tech support.
Mindy, technically, it just stops charging at any time. I noticed this when charging leds are off. I unplug charger, check battery level and only 3 leds light up. I pluged back and it shows charging but all leds light off after few minutes even though while charging, 4 leds are running.
I have to unplug and replug several times but all I can get is 4th led blinking when checking battery level.

I have the same problem. I sent my Phantom 4 in for repair months ago. 72 days later I finally received  a replacementthat works good. While the controller worked great two and a half months ago, it will now only charge enough for the controller to be useable for about 30 minutes. As soon as the third LED lights, charging stops.

Fortunately, the aircraft battery's are fine.

Considering the last repair took nearly two and a half months, I really am hesitant to send the controller in, and be without a drone for more weeks/months. Not being able to use it, defeats the purpose of owning it.

Do you have any ideas that I can try at home to resolve this problem?
2017-7-3
Use props
fans335a204b
New
Flight distance : 886 ft
Indonesia

I have the same issue, the RC won't charge..  but the problem is not the battery, i replaced the battery from another Phantom 4 RC and the problem still appears. Then i put my old battery to another RC, it shows no problem at all even the battery is in good condition and can be charge normally... so my guess is there is something wrong with the circuit board or the RC electronic system can't read the battery. Please help since this drone is my working tools.
2017-7-3
Use props
fanscfe98341
New
Flight distance : 29734 ft
Australia

Hi I'm having the exact same problem. Only started recently. I bought the drone september 2016 but only used it a dozen times. I have probably only recharged the RC 10 times.. now i only get charge up to 3 lights and also the battery drains much faster. Please help me. Where do i contact to get support?
2017-8-26
Use props
Hussein ElMoussawi
New

Lebanon

Hey.I have a phantom 4 pro plus drone,and its pretty cool drone,but i i think that my controller(with display scree)have an issue with the battery because i fly 6-7 batteries and the controller battery drains from 90 to 9.
Note:That the controller also not fully charged,it inly charge till 92%.
2019-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules