This behavior is going to get us all banned eventually
2121 21 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crack The Sky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123402 ft
United States

If we cannot get this hobby self-regulated, and weed out the fruitloops, the authorities worldwide will have no choice but to blanket ban us from the skys. No one in their right mind has a reason to climb their drone to 4000+ feet above the ground.
From CNN this morning:
London (CNN)

A passenger plane narrowly avoided colliding with a drone while flying near London's tallest skyscraper, according to a recently published report.

The A320 plane was descending toward Heathrow Airport in July when the drone was spotted from the cockpit window, according to the UK Airport Board report.

The plane was flying at an altitude of 4,600 feet (1,402 meters) near the Shard skyscraper in central London when the 50-centimeter (19-inch) drone was spotted.

A "very near-miss"

The pilot said the risk of collision was "high" in the report released last Friday. The authors of the report also classified the incident as a "very near-miss" and said that "chance had played a major part."

They added that the drone operator could not be traced.

The incident is one of dozens of near-misses reported to the UK Airport Board each month.
  In a separate incident, also in July, a drone came within five meters (16 feet) of an A319 passenger plane taking off from Britain's Liverpool Airport.

2016-11-17
Use props
OleDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326001 ft

Switzerland

good point, what would you think about a penalty of 50.000 $ and you lose all your driver licenses (Car/boad/plane etc) if you fly in no fly zones etc. And 2nd  age must be above 18 years, or only if supervised by an person above 18.
I think this hobby gets more and more difficult if we have this monkey flying this kind of UAV.
O
2016-11-17
Use props
Crack The Sky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123402 ft
United States

OleDrone Posted at 2016-11-17 06:38
good point, what would you think about a penalty of 50.000 $ and you lose all your driver licenses ( ...

I agree. $50,000 fine and they sell your possessions to pay the bill. Then, 24 months in prison. Give you a little time to think about it.
Pain is an excellent learning tool. Remember when you put your fingers on the hot stove? You don't do that anymore, do you?
2016-11-17
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

hmm.. how tall was the building, how close to it was the drone? U know, there are variables, like no fly zone, if close to the building (better), then the airplane should not be near, if in approach path, extra caution, so on and so forth... If the pilot reported he saw a drone, but did not mention that the drone was within 50 meters of the building, well.. that's not reporting all the facts, so blame may be on both sides... those are the things pple need to think about - also the whole see, avoid, whatever...  b ut totally agree, drone pilots need to take responsibility for being cautious, or the rules will only get worse.. once the rules are horrible, then no one will look at whether there was a plane near, but whether the rules were broken, and then we are on the way out......
I do not think pple realize that an action of a handful of pple can affect everyone else.. the typical selfish thinking of humans...
2016-11-17
Use props
Antonov
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

An old News, also BBC Tech on Twitter also mentioned it. They have nothing else is to report, Trump is chosen as a President, England is on Brexit, Germany has still Merkel, no World Cup or Olympics for a while and the rest of the world news no one is interested.

Media for you, they have no evidences other than someone saw something. I see many things every day but I keep quiet, don't you..? {:4_117:}
2016-11-17
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

While people like you keep spouting the media BS we have no hope. I'm with the fruitloops. Fruitloops for President
2016-11-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-11-17 16:15
While people like you keep spouting the media BS we have no hope. I'm with the fruitloops. Fruitloop ...

"Fruitloops for President "

Too late....
2016-11-17
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-11-17 07:26
hmm.. how tall was the building, how close to it was the drone? U know, there are variables, like no ...

The plane and the drone were several thousand feet above the top of the skyscraper. I don't even know why the building is mentioned.
2016-11-17
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Drones, buildings, and planes for president!

Yes, media sensationalizes everything.. only way to get ratings anymore, I guess... but that is what will hurt drone market if we are not careful....
2016-11-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What behaviour?
The main behaviour I see in that story is the tendency to call anything unidentified or imagined seen by a pilot, a drone.
The number of drones that can make it to 4000+ feet is much smaller than the number that are reported up there.
The US FAA drone incident database has daily reports up to 20000ft and some even visible 3 miles away.
Clearly they are not drones.
Last week's report from Canada had a drone 15 miles out over one of the great lakes and 2 miles high.
The behaviour that needs to be encouraged is a healthy dose of skepticism and realistic understanding of drone flight in dealing with reports.
As it is, pilots are being convinced there is a swarm of drones up there and so they see them.
Drone ID chart.jpg
2016-11-17
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Labroides Posted at 2016-11-17 23:00
What behaviour?
The main behaviour I see in that story is the tendency to call anything unidentified ...

HAHAHAHA this thing is amazing man, i will use this as My Avatar on WhatsApp
2016-11-17
Use props
fans705464bb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2016-11-17 14:00
What behaviour?
The main behaviour I see in that story is the tendency to call anything unidentified ...

Can you add a plastic shopping bag to that chart?
2016-11-17
Use props
fans5999632e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United States

If there was a drone anywhere near the Shard then it shouldn't have been there at any height.  Central London is essentially a no fly zone with only a few commercial operators allowed to fly there (and that's with massive redendancy and safety features built into their drones and Ops Manual procedures.). In all likelihood it was another case of mistaken identity.  If however there was a rogue up there, there are few punishments I wouldn't consider for the perpetrator.
2016-11-17
Use props
QQpK6lwoeYHJ
New

Canada

I wonder if large birds know its illegal to fly near an airport ...
2016-11-17
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

If you are interested in seeing the reports of drones please visit
https://www.airproxboard.org.uk/ ... ly-Airprox-reviews/
Lots of drone reports and other interesting near misses
2016-11-18
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

People are now starting to mistakenly tag UFO's as drones.  This also proves that the extra terrestrials have also infiltrated the media.
2016-11-18
Use props
Pegasus
lvl.4

France

Glad the plane was OK.   Poor birds though - feathers will fly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/trave ... angled-engines.html
2016-11-18
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Well, many here are quite correct that there's a media frenzy on demonizing drones, and assigning any airborne object as a drone.. After all we all know that some viruses are carried by micro drones, right?
Still, the point of the post, I think, was to turn us onto the idea of how important it is to fly as responsibly and as close to the rules as one can - as the market of drones and their use is under extreme scrutiny, and everything is blown out of proportion immediately.. hence some Scandinavian and Asian countries just outlaw the things completely...  we got to build the image to be a more respected one... Behave, educate, be respectful, and so on... Surprisingly - most people are open to a conversation, and once they see a bit of it, they are amazed at it, and not so paranoid about it, once they see there's no optical zoom - unlike on helicopters, which we all know were designed by Devil himself ;) No.. not really ;)
2016-11-21
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I'm sure the plane which was going in for a landing was going well over 100mph. How could the pilot tell it was a 19inch drone, let alone even see it?
2016-11-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-23 09:40
I'm sure the plane which was going in for a landing was going well over 100mph. How could the pilot  ...

If you drive down the highway at 100 mph, do you think that you can't see birds and other detail on any objects like ... road signs, licence plates etc?
2016-11-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

LMAO!  I love how they had TIME TO MEASURE the 19-inch drone.  AND the exact 16-feet distance from yet another A320 series A/C.

BOTH of those measurements are the by-product of a bull.
2016-11-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2016-11-17 14:00
What behaviour?

OMG, I laughed SO HARD when I saw this!  I'm forwarding this to ALL of my pilot buddies.

2016-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules