Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight restrictions on Mavic Pro?
4585 2 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
userfc9019c1c7
New

United States

Hello friends,
I've ordered my DJI MP, can't wait.  Very excited obviously.  This is my first drone and I have been researching like crazy to better understand what I am buying.
I would like to be able to fly this around my house for starters..  There is a hospitol near by, will this simple fact alone ground my drone? or will it the software in theh drone recognize this fact and only let me fly a certain altiude.   
I have downloaded the "AIR MAP" application on my iPhone.  I see places that are "High Restricted" and I see places that are "Advisory"... Does anyone know what this would mean to me?  Would this just cap a certain altitude?  Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Peace always.

2016-11-17
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

You are already capped at 400ft by the FAA and FW in the Mavic. As for you being in a no fly zone, maybe, does the hospital have a helicopter pad? If it does, it doesn't mean it'll be a no fly zone. The hospital near me has a pad, but it's not a no fly zone. But a busy city hospital will most likely be a NFZ.
2016-11-17
Use props
nu3vVF6J0ojO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287749 ft
Canada

Try checking out http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
pretty sure that is the current geo/NFZ map.  Green areas you'll get a warning reminding you to fly safely.
Yellow you have to be authorized to fly and you verify your authorized in the app or on the website.
The website explains it in more detail
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules