Pro+ Recommend HDMI Goggles
2370 9 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric007
lvl.2

United States

First off, I apoligize if this topic is located elsewhere here.

I have a P4P+ on order and I would like to use FPV goggles with it. Given that it has an HDMI output port, I assume that I can connect goggles to it for FPV action.

Can you guys provide an opinion for a good set that would work for this application as they don't need to receive over air video transmission?

I use to fly a Walkera Scout with FatShark Attitude goggles, but the video was pretty louzy.

Thanks!

2016-11-17
Use props
fansb885c69e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 349419 ft
Canada

Good question. I have searched these forums for the best goggles. I first bought Fatshark V3, and after a couple of weeks the Headplay goggles.Thinking of selling off the one I did not like on eBay.  Now after testing, I cannot tell you which I prefer? The fatshark were easy to fly with, the head play were not so easy to fly with, but the image is incredible to overwhelming. So I bought an HDMI splitter and a 6'HDMI cable for me and the fat sharks, and a 12' HDMI cable for the head plays to hand off to friends. To this day I do not know which ones to sell on eBay. The last few flights have been without goggles at all. Good luck with that. Both are really cool and very immersive. Sorry I could not help.
2016-11-17
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

We're in luck.  The Fatshark Dominator HD3 just came out.  Are these the very best?  

ALSO, I cannot get an answer regarding compatibility on the new DJI Goggles that come out in March/April.  Guessing NO since it has been clarified numerous times that this is "Lightbridge HD" and not "Ocusync", which would be VERY unfortunate.
2016-11-17
Use props
Eric007
lvl.2

United States

I was looking at these an amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... smid=A1MYCZLP1F4I7Q

I think I read somewhere that if you plug something into the hdmi port on the P4P+, that it shut off the screen. What impact would this have if you want to switch back to the screen to enable a feature or make an adjustment while flying?
2016-11-18
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

on my p4 ipad air 2 9.7 the screen stays on while im using my dom v3s
2016-11-18
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

That's the USB that turns off the built-in screen, not the HDMI.   
And you're going to want 2 little screens, not 1 big 1 like that unless you enjoy barfing alot.  It's not as immersive too.
2016-11-18
Use props
Eric Mavic
lvl.2

United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-18 12:04
That's the USB that turns off the built-in screen, not the HDMI.   
And you're going to want 2 li ...

Thanks for the advice!
2016-11-18
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

so the fatshark brand is the top name in this category? i am new to drones hence why i am asking.

2016-11-18
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

HERE'S WHAT I'VE FOUND OUT:

I guess you could look at it by 1) form factor & size 2) resolution 3) immersiveness

The single-screen goggles are more immersive like an IMAX movie in the first row - faster movements will induce nausea.  You'll move your eyes around a lot to see the edges of the screen.  I think the Headplay HD are the best single screen goggles as far as resolution.

The Fat Shark are robust and look military-grade.  The Dominator HD series are the highest resolution.  Not sure, but maybe only the new HD3 has the 16:9 HDMI format vs 4:3.  You'd have to Google.  The "picture" or view is a little farther from your eyes (or so it feels).

2016-11-18
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

This shows a comparison of the Fat Sharks.  I AM DISAPPOINTED by their interpretation of displaying 16:9 (HINT:  they crop a 4:3 image even further!).  See @ 6:18 if you want to skip to it.

2016-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules