Any news from best buy??
4433 73 2016-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SEWERMAN
New

United States

Ordered September  28th 2016  from best buy and  received  my Mavic from best buy november 29th 2016 . worth the wait folks ! now waiting for extra batteries.
2016-12-6
Use props
SEWERMAN
New

United States

Ordered sept 29th and received november 29th from Best Buy Orange County California .   MAVIC "  BUT ITS AWESOME "
2016-12-6
Use props
edwarde21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65535 ft
United States

I got mine at about 1pm and took it for the first test fly it was awesome =p
2016-12-6
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

I hate you guys. Just kidding, perfect clear day today after a snowfall would have been nice but I got nothing shipped yet.
2016-12-6
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

I'm not a fan Best Buy's customer service right now, but from a supply chain perspective this must be a complete disaster for them right now, as well as for B&H etc.

Volatile supply of product would screw things up enough, but this is much worse... This is volatile demand too.

They have all these preorders and we all want to know our forecast ship date but they have no clue.  In fairness they can't have a clue.

They don't know how many they're going to get when.  They don't know how many of their preorders are real orders.
They don't know if I ordered one from them or one from them, one from B&H and one from Microcenter.
They don't know whether if another order ships first whether I'll dump my Best Buy order of keep it for speculation.
Even if my only order is with Best Buy they don't know if I'll still cancel out of frustration.
This is impossible math right now, and they're generally robust ordering process looks like a bit of a joke right now as it wasn't designed to handle this type of volatility.
That's why orders are hanging out at 'plug' dates in late December while others suddenly get pulled up and suddenly ship.

I had similar craziness last year with a car order, but even that was easier because with a single dealer model and single manufacturer ordering system they were able to parse out those playing the multiple order game.  This is uncontrollable.
2016-12-6
Use props
PatientPlaya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512260 ft
Canada

70challenger Posted at 2016-12-6 14:13
Mine says release date Dec 31st, which I expect will be delayed. I talked to BB about it and they said it is all DJI, no one from DJI will talk to me or tell me why BB has not gotten my pre-order (Sept 28th). Why did I pre-order, what was the point DJI?

Yeah I honestly think this is all BEST BUY not DJI. I bought the pre-order with 10% discount. Best buy Canada probably waited until they had a "Price Break" order from DJI, x number of units are this much etc etc... we have no way of knowing but I suspect this is the case, Best Buy may have waited 2 weeks to place an order.... it really is ridiculous. I will never pre-order anything from Best Buy Canada again. The $150 savings was not worth the wait. I am so happy to have my Mavic that I picked up from the Apple store, because if I didn't I would still not have it today... And the fact that all we get from best buy is a shipping pushback email.... its ridiculous. If London drugs actually gets the mavic I ordered Nov 21st to me the week of the 12th which is what they told me on the phone.... then Best Buy really dropped the ball on this.
2016-12-7
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

BB US just changed my shipping date from Dec 21 to Dec 14.  Multiple-order speculators may be being flushed out, though I'll believe nothing until I see a tracking number
2016-12-7
Use props
edwarde21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65535 ft
United States

I got mine yesterday been learning ever since lol
2016-12-7
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

As much as I'm annoyed with Best Buy (and I am) they haven't been getting stock any consistent with their demand since this started, and the very same seems to go for most major resellers.  As early demand shortages get posted, people double and triple order, making the ability to forecast delivery even harder.

The only real exception appears to be Apple   They seems to be being kept very well stocked relative to their demand.  No change there, then.
2016-12-7
Use props
PatientPlaya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512260 ft
Canada

So just to let anyone who ordered from Best Buy Canada know, the Mavic I ordered from London Drugs will shipped out today. I ordered it Nov 21st.... I called this morning to and they told me they were in the warehouse.

Still waiting for my Best buy Canada pre-order from Sept 27th.... crazy that they still have not shipped.....
2016-12-20
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

PatientPlaya Posted at 2016-12-20 11:05
So just to let anyone who ordered from Best Buy Canada know, the Mavic I ordered from London Drugs will shipped out today. I ordered it Nov 21st.... I called this morning to and they told me they were in the warehouse.

Still waiting for my Best buy Canada pre-order from Sept 27th.... crazy that they still have not shipped.....

Yes, especially since Best Buy US seems to "have stock" or just recently "had stock."

The Best Buys around me all said Dec. 28th for in-store availability.  I live just a few miles from Canada on the left coast.  
2016-12-20
Use props
TommyJeep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50423 ft
  • >>>
United States

Best Buy cancelled my order after two months of waiting.  I wouldn't buy from them if they had it at half price.
2016-12-20
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

TommyJeep Posted at 2016-12-20 11:56
Best Buy cancelled my order after two months of waiting.  I wouldn't buy from them if they had it at half price.

Don't kid yourself...  Yes you would.
2016-12-20
Use props
TommyJeep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50423 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-20 12:05
Don't kid yourself...  Yes you would.

Ha...  Not kidding.  I wouldn't.  I was originally going to say, "I wouldn't buy itfrom them if it were free"  But that I would do!
2016-12-21
Use props
my little hobby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2700653 ft
Canada

i just got mine today from bestbuy that i bought on Oct 26th
2016-12-21
Use props
Smalltowncanuck
lvl.1

Canada

my little hobby Posted at 2016-12-22 02:16
i just got mine today from bestbuy that i bought on Oct 26th

from best buy canada?  can you provide proof
2016-12-21
Use props
Chappy
lvl.2

Denmark

BuzzCut Posted at 2016-12-7 20:28
BB US just changed my shipping date from Dec 21 to Dec 14.  Multiple-order speculators may be being flushed out, though I'll believe nothing until I see a tracking number

When did you order??

I ordered 27th Oct and received about 3 weeks ago from best buy USA online

Haven't flown yet as I'm waiting to get home to the UK and then power up register with care refresh, although the wait is killing me
2016-12-21
Use props
will1563
lvl.1

Canada

Chappy Posted at 2016-12-22 01:56
When did you order??

Ordered from BestBuy Canada Oct 28, should receive delivery today... a long wait but happy at this point.
2016-12-22
Use props
my little hobby
lvl.2
Canada

Smalltowncanuck Posted at 2016-12-21 21:26
from best buy canada?  can you provide proof

Here is a video of my unboxing it

dji mavic order

dji mavic order
2016-12-22
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Chappy Posted at 2016-12-22 00:56
When did you order??

I ordered Nov 14 and received Dec 13, which is pretty good IMO.

It appeared to ship direct from DJI Carson via UPS.
2016-12-22
Use props
MiStro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58012 ft
United States

I ordered mine 12/20, arriving tomorrow...
2016-12-22
Use props
fanse89fb5ef
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

MiStro Posted at 2016-12-22 13:23
I ordered mine 12/20, arriving tomorrow...

Can you confirm your order arrived ?
2016-12-22
Use props
MiStro
lvl.2
United States

fanse89fb5ef Posted at 2016-12-23 06:13

Tracking shows scheduled delivery tomorrow, will confirm then.
2016-12-22
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I ordered 2 late in the evening on 12/20. One arrived today and the other is scheduled to arrive tomorrow...

Best Buy Order #1

Best Buy Order #1
2016-12-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

Ordered December 17.  Received December 21.

Mine was listed as 0.5 pounds the entire way.  UPS also said it'd be delivered a day early (Tuesday), but that never happens even when it says that.
2016-12-22
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

PatientPlaya Posted at 2016-11-18 11:40
I'm still waiting also.... very frustrating... I ordered from Best Buy Canada Sept 27th! and all i get to see is the date just slipping back and back.... it depends when Best Buy put their order in, I get that... but I'm on the verge of just cancelling and moving on....

Update about Best Buy Canada: Yesterday Dec 21 they updated orders and guess what?...their "Release Date" is NOW Jan 15!!!!!!  SOOOOOOO PIScScSSSSSEDDDD!    I too ordered Sept 27th- within an hour of the preorder going live.  

Call BB customer service...as of today they are giving 10% off because DJI suuccks and skcrewing everyone over.  At least they did for me.  I called them 3 weeks ago to confirm that their newest CONFIRMED RELEASE DATE was indeed confirmed at Dec 15th   Then when it changed to Dec 31 (and I lost out on my 3rd photo op overseas!) I called again- they confirmed that this was the final date; they had plenty of orders and they will for sure ship then.  Ya right.  Call them and get your $140.  I'd rather have my drone, as I've lost more than that plus paying US exchange rate on all my accessories so that I would ENSURE I have them prior to the (then) Nov 15th release date.
2016-12-22
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

PatientPlaya Posted at 2016-11-18 13:56
For Best Buy Canada, When I look at my order info, it notes the "Release Date" now as being Dec 31st, now, However it also says Receive it as early as Oct 31st, Which tells me that they needed to adjust the release date for new purchases and have no way of controlling individual "release dates" on individual orders. So I am still optimistic on this, because as far as I am aware, Best Buy Canada has not shipped any mavic thus far and that leads me to believe they have not received their first shipment. I'm hoping that in the line at best buy I am near the top of the list, Sept 27th...

As for Best Buy in the US, They have received and shipped mavics, so they are no doubt waiting for their next shipment, which by my count would be quite a ways down the line.

FYI, BB Canada has not shipped (you are correct).  NEW Release date is now Jan 15th.  What a joke!  I guarantee it will then become Jan 30, etc...

Also: the release date is NOT for new purchases....EVERYONE will have theirs shipped on that date.  BB could not confirm early pre-orders take shipping queue precedence (they contracticted themselves 2x to me on this question).  How/why they are specifying 'release dates' when they are totally wrong is a sham.  One would assume that they get their release dates from DJI...but this is not the case- they are just guessing I've been told.
2016-12-22
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

Westcoast604 Posted at 2016-11-18 15:01
This is what I get. so yah Best Buy is very confusing. Is release date supposed to be for instore or when they will get their shipment from DJI? Hmmm. Time to call.

DJI MAVIC Foldable Quadcopter Drone with 4K UHD Camera & Controller - Ready-to-Fly - Black

call them and you'll get 10% off for DJI's poor performance
2016-12-22
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

Smalltowncanuck Posted at 2016-11-18 23:24
I would the only reason why i am holding on so long is bestbuy had a pre-order promo at the time where I got 10% off.....

Hi fellow Canuck andpiszsed off at BB Canada too . BTW its now Jan 15 release. I too preordered Sept 28th and got 10% discount. Call them and complain and they will give you another 10%; I just did. don't make up for things though..good luck...
2016-12-22
Use props
Smalltowncanuck
lvl.1

Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2016-12-23 10:43
Hi fellow Canuck andpiszsed off at BB Canada too . BTW its now Jan 15 release. I too preordered Sept 28th and got 10% discount. Call them and complain and they will give you another 10%; I just did. don't make up for things though..good luck...

OK I have confirmed with BEST BUY CANADA that "My Little Hobby's" order number 472150148 was valid and he was shipped. Even though it appears he pre-ordered almost a month after I did.

So the rep I spoke to was actually EXTREMLY helpfull and I think he figured out what the mistake is. For all those who pre-ordered from best buy Canada with the discounted rate if you look at the description of your order it says "Hexacopter" where if you look at My Litte Hobbys order it says quadcopter. What the rep thinks is that possibly all of our pre-orders that occured with the discount were on a skew that never existed and will never exist which is why we keep getting pushed back and where other pre-orders with the correct skew are shipping

He has flagged it to head office and he promises me that someone will get back to me so I will let you know
2016-12-23
Use props
BManCan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2016-12-22 21:39
call them and you'll get 10% off for DJI's poor performance

I called Best Buy Canada today to complain about the shipment delays, however I was not successful in getting any type of discount. The customer service person just kept saying it was the manufacturers fault and out of their control. I asked to have my complaint escalated and I am expecting a return call.  
2016-12-23
Use props
my little hobby
lvl.2
Canada

Smalltowncanuck Posted at 2016-12-23 09:59
OK I have confirmed with BEST BUY CANADA that "My Little Hobby's" order number 472150148 was valid and he was shipped. Even though it appears he pre-ordered almost a month after I did.

So the rep I spoke to was actually EXTREMLY helpfull and I think he figured out what the mistake is. For all those who pre-ordered from best buy Canada with the discounted rate if you look at the description of your order it says "Hexacopter" where if you look at My Litte Hobbys order it says quadcopter. What the rep thinks is that possibly all of our pre-orders that occured with the discount were on a skew that never existed and will never exist which is why we keep getting pushed back and where other pre-orders with the correct skew are shipping

I was really surprised to get it early (but late) as it had said not till Jan 2nd.
2016-12-23
Use props
MiStro
lvl.2
United States

fanse89fb5ef Posted at 2016-12-22 17:13

As requested, I can now confirm that my Mavic arrived today.
2016-12-23
Use props
Peturbo
lvl.1
Canada

Just checked with best buy canada. Placed my order Sept 28th and it is finally being shipped.
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules