How to Regain Control of Phantom 2
1021 6 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SAFrankSU
lvl.3
United States

I recently updated my Phantom to use the Naza mode over the standard Phantom mode. I've been youtubing the heck out of the differences and taking notes what to expect and adjust to.

It sounds like more Phantoms are prone to Fly Aways in Naza compared to the Phantom Mode. For Naza, I went through the Assistant software and turned on my IOC, checked off my low-battery go home box, and toggled the S1 switch so it's in Fail Safe Mode. Am I doing everything I should be doing to prevent Fly Aways? Of course, I'll be sure to Calibrate my compass.

Could I also throw the S2 switch back into Home Lock, pull the right stick backwards and have it fly home that way? Is that an alternative way to regain control? I would say no, as fly aways are typically a result of lost GPS. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Just want to make sure I cover every corner.
2015-2-8
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I would turn back on the low battery go home feature, also if no sats Home Lock will not work as it has no way of knowing where home is.

As a general rule, if you have lost sat lock, you need to be able to fly it back home yourself, no failsafe's will be able to bring it back when it does not know where it is.
2015-2-8
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

I did not know that very many pilots flew in Phantom mode. Demunseed (YouTube) said he programs his S1 switch to "Manual" in the event of a flyaway type situation he can fly it back.  Apparently a pretty difficult way to fly when in Manual mode.
2015-2-8
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

oakspi Posted at 2015-2-9 11:14
I did not know that very many pilots flew in Phantom mode. Demunseed (YouTube) said he programs his  ...

Maybe I've missed something, but I have not heard of any "flyaways" lately, like for weeks maybe.  Lots of crashes, but no flyaways.
2015-2-8
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Jamie Hellmich Posted at 2015-2-9 11:23
Maybe I've missed something, but I have not heard of any "flyaways" lately, like for weeks maybe.  ...

You are right Jamie, I had the same thought a while back.  Could it be that more flyers are reading the manual ?
Cheers!
Rod
2015-2-8
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

rod Posted at 2015-2-9 11:27
You are right Jamie, I had the same thought a while back.  Could it be that more flyers are readin ...

Could be Rod, let's hope so.
2015-2-8
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

If it looses GPS (lower than 6 sats) it will automatically go into ATTI mode and might drift in the wind. I wouldn't call this a fly away. Usually the quad steers full throttle into one direction and just keeps on going, no matter what input is made from the RC.
2015-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules