customers who profit from selling Mavics
3464 56 2016-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rtazz17
lvl.2

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-11-19 08:20
It's called price gouging.  It's unethical and immoral, but it's not illegal.  Do I hope price gouge ...

My friend I think you better school yourself on what price gouging is because you are completely wrong
2016-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

rtazz17 Posted at 2016-11-20 23:44
My friend I think you better school yourself on what price gouging is because you are completely w ...

Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent.

This isn't about price gouging it's about people coming on this forum bragging about how much money they managed to squeeze out of other people for a product that everyone here has been waiting a long time for.
Nobody wants to know about how much money Infrequent flyer made on selling his drone, let him keep that to himself, and crawl back into the hole he crawled out of.
2016-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-11-20 23:18
And price gouging is Illegal.

Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent.

Not all price gouging is illegal.

Go figure it out for yourself.

2016-11-20
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-20 16:21
Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services ...

Price gouging is illegal in the US.
2016-11-20
Use props
fans8a65f09f
lvl.1

United States

if it was a loaf of bread for the poor, id understand.

but youre complaining about a fancy chinese toy that noone needs. Even if youre a professional (which means youre making money ANYWAYS) but get a phantom 3 advanced or pro.

If you didnt pre order it, and you needed it, you should be willing to pay the price to get it before others who actually paid hard money for it two months ago. The price is for you to jump the line.

I have my mavic for sale for 1900 though i dont think ill get that price, and its the only one i bought. but if someone is willing to pay for it, then I'm willing to sell it to them and get back in line.

its simple. patience is a virtue.
2016-11-20
Use props
Username Taken
lvl.1

United States

So they're selling for exorbitant prices on eBay, that's fine because that means someone is paying that much for them.  They either have more brains than sense, or they're impatient and need it right meow.  
I had an Amazon pre-order, the dates kept getting pushed back, I was actively bidding on eBay auctions and watching stores.  News came about that Apple stores were getting them.  I wandered into one on my lunch break right as one was being offloaded from a truck.  I got super lucky.  
I could've turned around and listed it on eBay and made an extra $500 easy.  And let's face it, I've got oodles of student loan debts, credit card debt, car loans, plus Christmas is coming up.
But I didn't list it on eBay, mainly because I didn't want to wait until January (or longer) to get my pre-order to come in.  
I flew mine all weekend, no issues with flight at all, no dust in the sensor, and everything seems to work as intended.

If people stopped buying them at inflated prices, they'd stop selling at inflated prices.
2016-11-21
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

WasabiBread Posted at 2016-11-21 23:57
Haha great reply that should shut em up

Nope didnt work...
2016-11-21
Use props
s.manchester
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127188 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree, it is simply a matter of supply and demand. I too was fortunate enough to receive two Mavic's so I placed one for sale on eBay. Interestingly, the high bidder is bidding on a number of other Mavic's but also listing Mavic's for sale on his eBay account. So is it wrong that he is taking advantage of the situation... not really.
2016-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

s.manchester Posted at 2016-11-21 17:09
I agree, it is simply a matter of supply and demand. I too was fortunate enough to receive two Mavic ...

I don't mind him making a killing on his Mavic, what I do mind is him showing up here bragging about having sold on eBay while a lot of people on this forum are waiting a long time for there Mavic, let him go elsewhere.
This is a forum for drone users not a place to air how much money you can make on selling them on eBay..
2016-11-21
Use props
dozerdrone324
lvl.3
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

s.manchester Posted at 2016-11-21 12:09
I agree, it is simply a matter of supply and demand. I too was fortunate enough to receive two Mavic ...

Not wrong, but you are both scum of the earth people.

So you are fortunate to get TWO Mavics while many people can't even get one, and instead of someone else waiting in line with a pre order to get one, you put one up for sale on ebay to make a quick dollar. The people buying them at these ridiculous prices are no more at fault then those who are selling them at an inflated price.

2016-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-11-21 01:08
Price gouging is illegal in the US.

What you did is a form of price gouging, go and read the meaning of price gouging also the law on gouging not all price gouging is illegal in the US also price gouging is only illegal in 35 states.
But what concerns me if you read my posts is you turning up on this forum bragging about how you sold your Mavic on eBay , this is not a forum for gougers or capitalist, I'm sure you can find a forum for that s**t somewhere else..
2016-11-21
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-21 08:18
Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services ...

You keep speaking for everyone else ... even after people are posting their opinions disagreeing with you.

Nobody wants to come on here and listen to you telling them what they think or want crawl back under your rock kid.

Nice to see people earning a profit .... pity about the jealousy.. it really is pathetic.
2016-11-21
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Btw the topic is "customers who profit from selling Mavics" and you are getting upset about "customers who profit from selling Mavics' posting .... that's gold jerry.
2016-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-11-21 19:46
You keep speaking for everyone else ... even after people are posting their opinions disagreeing w ...

Yeah well this is a forum about flying drones, not about gougers,  I don't speak for anyone, but just take a look at what the op of this thread has to say, problem is people like you know nothing about drones , so we end up with this drivel.
2016-11-21
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

rtazz17 Posted at 2016-11-21 07:44
My friend I think you better school yourself on what price gouging is because you are completely w ...

Nah, lets just go right to the dictionary.

Let me know what part I got wrong.
2016-11-22
Use props
Eric Mavic
lvl.2

United States

I think this will all be coming to an end soon. There are so many people on there trying to make a quick buck, I doubt they will get the prices these were once fetching a few weeks ago. Not to mention more and more people are now getting these in hand. It seems silly to buy a depreciating item at triple to cost, but I can't blame the sellers. If people are willing to pay those prices, more power to them. It's not link these things are needed to maintain life like food and water.
2016-11-22
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Mavics are becoming available at Apple stores, and many have already purchased. Many online retailers are shipping in December. Hopefully, the scalping will be coming to an end.

Personally, I do not approve consumers re-selling at double the price to make a quick buck. It may not be illegal, and if people are actually willing to pay those prices, then they can do what they want. But when people are buying up units, denying other honest people from purchasing, then I have a problem with it. I think DJI should have limited purchases to 1 per customer until demand was met.

In the end, I doubt any of this really effected anyone, unless you were the [insert explicative here] selling, or the desperate person buying.

For me, the long wait has allowed me to watch MANY youtube videos of unboxing, first flights, and reviews (some good, most terrible, providing bad information), and most of all, allowing dji to sort out any firmware issues that could cause me to damage my drone in the first few flights.

For those who made money from scalping... I don't know how you sleep at night, or look at yourself in the mirror in the morning, but I hope you take your earnings and re-invest into dji, by buying a new Mavic, and saving the rest for future dji products.
2016-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules