Taking Mavic Thru Airport Security
1833 3 2016-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kiefdog
lvl.1
United States

I am taking my Mavic on a flight from Oakland California to Tulsa Oklahoma.  Does Security let you take the Mavic plus three batteries as a carry-on?
2016-11-18
Use props
Eric007
lvl.2

United States

I had dinner with 2 flight attendants for United Airlines two nights ago (family thing), and I actually asked this question because I want to take my P4P+ to Spain in a month. They told me that it is fine as long as the batteries are removed from the drone. That being said, they are not airport security. Also, from what I have read, it is a good idea to have the batteries discharged to 30% and store them in a fire safe bag.
2016-11-18
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

I just had a short flight from Calgary to Vancouver last weekend and took the Mavic in my carry-on.  Only have one battery which I left on the drone.  It might be a good idea to purchase those Lipo bags for any extra batteries.

On the trip out, the X-Ray guy flagged my bag for extra inspection.  They did not seem to care about the battery at all, but wanted to swab it for explosives.  On the return flight, I went right through security without any delay.
2016-11-18
Use props
Username Taken
lvl.1

United States

I've taken three different Phantoms on flights multiple times.  Always in my carry on.  By FAA laws, you MUST carry LiPo batteries in carry on bags.  You're supposed to remove the battery from the aircraft, but I never did (cause it's a convenient place to keep the battery lol).
2016-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules