Controller losing connection mid flight..
2781 16 2016-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JFXMedia
lvl.2

United States

Not many if any issues with my mavic besides a consistent left veering when flying straight no matter what i do. I did come across a new issue tonight while flying in an open field. About 23 minutes in my phone screen stated it had lost connection. The display goes grey scale and restarting DJI Go doesn't do anything. Restarting the controller did reconnect it. Also once the screen cuts out the controller is still in control of the drone. Just no display feedback at all until controller was restarted. Anyone have this or a solution ?
2016-11-18
Use props
Lostsucks
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue.
2016-11-18
Use props
Lostsucks
lvl.1

United States

Sorry i meant i have ths same issue with the screen going grey.... so far my mavic tracks straight.
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know what mobile device you are using? how about the APP version?
Have you tried to change USB cable or devices to check again?
2016-11-19
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

If I obstruct the path between the aircraft and myself by descending behind obstacles at a distance this will occur. The moment it happens climb. this should get you above the obstacle, restore the connection and all will come good again.
2016-11-19
Use props
elysium
New

Australia

This happened to me twice this evening...no idea why or how to fix it...
2016-11-19
Use props
JFXMedia
lvl.2

United States

I believe it's early for the firmware and software, so in time I hope these issues are corrected. I do love this drone.
2016-11-19
Use props
Lostsucks
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-19 18:27
May I know what mobile device you are using? how about the APP version?
Have you tried to change USB ...

Im using a iphone 6+. I did the app update 4 days ago on nov 15. Its ver 3.1.0.
I also did the firmware update for the mavic and controller and also recalibrated the IMU and GIMBLE. The grey screen (gimble disconnect) happens about once out of every 5 flights. Sometimes it happens while the mavic is still on the ground while im waiting to takenoff.
I got my mavic nov 9. But was on vacation and wasnt able to fly it untill two days ago (nov 16)
2016-11-19
Use props
fans7507aa44
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4205607 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Lostsucks Posted at 2016-11-19 20:39
I also did the fir ...

I too have the same problem with iphone 7 plus. Ios and DJI GO latest versions
2016-11-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Lostsucks Posted at 2016-11-20 03:39
I also did the fir ...

After restarting the aircraft, "Gimbal disconnected" will disappear, then it functions properly, right?

2016-11-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans7507aa44 Posted at 2016-11-20 04:59
I too have the same problem with iphone 7 plus. Ios and DJI GO latest versions

Please describe it in detail so that we could locate the problem.
How about the aircraft firmware?
You have the same error "Gimbal disconnected" during flight or just turn it on? It acts normally when calibrating, right?
Restarting aircraft makes sense or not?
2016-11-20
Use props
Lostsucks
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-21 14:20
After restarting the aircraft, "Gimbal disconnected" will disappear, then it functions properly, ri ...

No.. its actually getting worst. Now everytime i try to fly it the screen goes grey. The controller seems to work fine, i just cant see any video feed. i did notice this iphone calibration screen keeps popping up. It never did this before. It only started to pop up when i started to fly the mavic (from the first daat).. but when i fly my phanton 3 advance from the same phone and same app. I have no issues at all. Its only the mavic setting im having problems... i hope this is a simple fix because i love this new drone but looks like my p3 will have to remain in the air for now.. .
IMG_9648.PNG
2016-11-21
Use props
rubberbandito
New

United States

My screen has gone grey and disconnected about 3 times out of 10 flights. The first two times the mavic did automatic return to home and once it flew upward right into trees. I had no control. I now reset the settings to hover upon disconnect. So it disconnected again and my phone actually rebooted itself, something it never does. I am using a Nexus 6p running Nougat 7.0. After reboot and app launched it still did not connect. Thankfully the hover feature worked and the drone was staying put. I had to fly it back using the measurements on the controller. The return to home button on the RC did not work. Finally I tried pulling out the USB C cable and reinserting it. That connected. Then I heard it update the homepoint. I guess it updated it in the sky since I had not yet manually landed it. But I then clicked on land and it landed ok. I think the safest thing to do is leave that hover on as disconnection option unless you are not flying near trees or other upward obstacles.

Its a very dangerous thing to fly like this. Perhaps I need to put my phone in airplane mode so all the radios are turned off. That might help.

When my mavic crashed into trees I had to shake the tree, and it fell 30 feet. It was not damaged, but the gimbal pulled out a little from the rubberband. I was able to put it back without breaking the rubberband. I did purchase the mavic care protection but don't think it is broke enough to get new one. Otherwise flies and films nice.

2016-11-21
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

I have noticed that with the iPhone, I have to push the lightning cable in with a bit more force than usual. That solved my connection issues.
2016-11-21
Use props
Lostsucks
lvl.1

United States

I deleted and reloaded the GO app on my iphone6+ and just flew my mavic untill all 3 batteries was gone. And so far NO LOST of the video feed. You guys might want to try and reload the app and see if that works for you guys... i HOPE this is the last on my problems..
2016-11-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Lostsucks Posted at 2016-11-22 08:38
I deleted and reloaded the GO app on my iphone6+ and just flew my mavic untill all 3 batteries was g ...

Thanks for your updating and glad to hear it's working fine now.
Enjoy it and please feel free to let us know if any further questions.
2016-11-21
Use props
zhenders
lvl.1
Flight distance : 352320 ft
United States

I also had an issue with my controller disconnecting. I am flying a Phantom 4 with latest iOS and latest DJI Go4 app. The ipad disconnected from the controller while the aircraft was about 1200 ft in the air. Just before the controller disconnected I saw that it started to land because the battery was at 25%. I lost visual of the aircraft and I believe that it landed in a cornfield some 1300 ft away from me. Unfortunately I do not have a last known location of the aircraft. When the iOS device lost communication with the controller I believe that I was still flying it manually (trying to get it back to me). Would the controller have the last known location of the aircraft stored on it? How can I retrieve that information if the iOS device was not connected to the controller? There is about 41 acres of cornfield that I am searching through. Would be very helpful if I could get a last known location from the aircraft. I do have a tech support case # for this issue. Just awaiting analysis of the flights logs from DJI support at this point. Thank you!
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules