Inspire 1 Safety Parachute
5216 7 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fabien.e-copter
lvl.2

France

Hi,

we have made a safety parachute system for the Inspire 1 and would like to know if anybody has a good contact at DJI for the following :

Actually, i have made a small separate control box to launch the parachute, we cut off engines with the standard CFC procedure ( all sticks brought bottom and in corners) and then press the button on the separate mini control box to eject the parachute.

I am searching to know if there is a free servo output ( there is a free plung in the front of the Inspire, under the canopy) , and if there is such thing, how to get DJI making a small software option to use for example button C1 or C2 with 2 fast presses to cut off engines and then launch 0;5 to 1 second later the parachute using that optional output if existing ?

Any help would be appreciated )

Thanks a lot,
Fabien
2015-2-8
Use props
s.s.gibbs1.emai
lvl.2

United States

dji has a parachute option and i would guess they will have it available for the inspire at some point. i would say they would not give any info or access..but it would be great if they did. keep up posted..i  would buy one for sure!
2015-2-8
Use props
mrburns
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI do not have a parachute option for the inspire. The chute arrangement they have is clumsy.  If this is the one I think it is then this is a beauty.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... Bfrench&lang=en

2015-2-9
Use props
fabien.e-copter
lvl.2

France

mrburns Posted at 2015-2-9 17:13
DJI do not have a parachute option for the inspire. The chute arrangement they have is clumsy.  If t ...

Hi,

we have made a parachute system already. Not as nice looking as the one on the link ( it's Flying Eye product, a company in south of france) i must admit

Only thing we need rom DJI is that they " open" the A2 or A3 ( whatever) informations to hook up a PWM output

I would not comment too much o that one, the only thing i would point out is that their unit is just 18 cm back from the CG and CT of the Inspire..  And it is very hard, in my opinion, to fit the parachute in a 65mm diameter can ( and 65 is really too close to the rear props..) and just 14 or 15 cm height with the pyrotechnical unit + nome coating to protect the parachute and then the parachute itself...  and well 2000 euro, then better buy second Inspire 1 as spare maybe ?
Adding a circuit breaker would mean loosing totally the DJI warranty on electronics also.

We made something much more simple, with no pyrotechnical stuff involved ( maybe more practical to travel..) , that installs with 2 screws, and one small electronic box fitted with simple PE foam adhesive on the back of the inspire..

I'll show pictures and video soon, once we get a certification from DGAC, things it"s made with off the shelve components, much more affordable reason we show nothing before is that we wait to have the certification to produce a few kits + the off the shelve parachute system, or our competitors will copy instantly when they see how simple it is lol !

BEst regards,
Fabien
2015-2-10
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

http://www.dslrpros.com/dji-dropsafe.html
2015-2-10
Use props
fabien.e-copter
lvl.2

France

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-2-11 10:05
http://www.dslrpros.com/dji-dropsafe.html

Hi,

the Dropsafe is for the S800  and eventually S900 mainly, and the weight is way too high (  + the size) for a machine like the Inspire unfortunately.
Also, the installation seems quite complicated (check the installation video), hobbyists will have no troubles to install it but " regular" people will get some serious headaches i guess )))
BEst regards
Fabien
2015-2-11
Use props
mrburns
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Well Fabien,

I am sure we are all very interested and cant wait - a unit that can be fitted by us is definiately the business..

Is there anyone out there who can help Fabien with the technical connections to get hhim on his way.

With regards to the other unit I have been negotiating with them and have a special offer where by if we get <10 DJI forum machines we can get a fantastic amount off. If we get >10 DJI forum menmber we can get even more. I am not talking a couple of hundred but significantly more.
The problem with the deal is that you have to send your unit  to them (1 week turnoround) for professional fitting.  This, I have explained is difficult to the worlwide membership though it is a great turnaround.  Cost of freight both ways add to an already great but expensivbe product.
If anyone is interested let me know and I will devise a wayof communication details.
2015-2-11
Use props
fabien
lvl.2

France

Hi, Sorry for this late answer,
we will propose a plug and play system when tie will be relevant, but right now there is something much more important to take into consideration after a discussion with a DJI representative in Brussels :
Any modification to the Inspire leads to warranty loss.
Problem beeing, that any weight modification / cg modification can be clearly see in the logs of the machine ( current and rpm change enough to be seen when a parachute unit and it's electronics is added).
So in that case, who will handle the warranty in case of a electronic problem on the iNspire itself  ?
We have to wait for more clear informations before moving forward as for sure we can not handle the DJI warranty in case anything happens after adding the parachute... (IMu problem, or other).
Let's s' what comes up later
BEst regards,
Fabien
2015-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules