Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Mobile turning off iPhone 6S
2063 10 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maveric
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

As the title says my (new) OSMO mobile is turning off my iPhone 6S. It happens at random but it's quite frequent. The battery in the iPhone is charged and even when still nearly fully charged is turns off, then says the battery is flat and then after about 30 seconds I can switch it back on to find it has plenty off battery power remaining.

Obviously this sounds like a problem with the phone except it ONLY happens when I have it mounted in the OSMO mobile and on top of that, I have tried a different iPhone 6S and it does exactly the same thing.

Any ideas anyone?
2016-11-19
Use props
Maveric
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI guys - is this something that has cropped up before or do I need to contact DJI support?
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This is very strange, and does sound like your phone's issue. Try this connect the Osmo Mobile through bluetooth in DJI Go, but don't put it on Osmo Mobile.  Does it still restarts?
2016-11-22
Use props
Maveric
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Thor! So, after more investigation it turns out that there is an issue with a limited number of iPhone 6s batteries and both of the phones that I have tried have this issue. Apple are doing a free replacement program. Obviously i haven't noticed it until I started using it heavily for video!

Off to the Apple shop....
2016-12-5
Use props
jepeto
New

Belgium

Hello, I have the same issue with an iPhone 6 (not plus). I was skiing last week and tried to make some nice shots with osmo mobile. It worked for 5-10 minutes and then it turned the iPhone off. the phone was fully charged, and no other apps were on. I had this issue every day of last week. Not very happy about it...and no solve?
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

jepeto Posted at 2017-1-2 04:14
Hello, I have the same issue with an iPhone 6 (not plus). I was skiing last week and tried to make some nice shots with osmo mobile. It worked for 5-10 minutes and then it turned the iPhone off. the phone was fully charged, and no other apps were on. I had this issue every day of last week. Not very happy about it...and no solve?

It sounds like the issue with iPhone.  Iphone 6s is known to have this auto shut down issue in winter
2017-1-3
Use props
Netcruzer
lvl.2
Canada

Were you outside or in cold weather?  I just got my OSMO but am very frustrated because I've lost footage twice outdoors because my iPhone 6S shut off while in use after 5 minutes with a fully charged battery!  I realize this is more of an Apple problem but if DJI could add some way to save the recording before pressing stop that would be very helpful.  I lost some great footage twice now.  It's really turned me off using OSMO in winter.
2017-1-20
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue with an iPhone 6S plus - works fine until it gets cold due to being 'nude' and exposed in the osmo and then turns off.  If I connect a battery it restarts, showing good battery but then shuts off again after a short time. Lithium batteries really don't like cold weather losing potentially half their capacity.  I have just received a 90 degree lightning cable and am going to try and find a way to attach an external battery which I'll keep in my pocket.  It's all compounded by the fact that using the camera sensor is power intensive also.
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

A1000 Posted at 2017-1-20 12:14
I have the same issue with an iPhone 6S plus - works fine until it gets cold due to being 'nude' and exposed in the osmo and then turns off.  If I connect a battery it restarts, showing good battery but then shuts off again after a short time. Lithium batteries really don't like cold weather losing potentially half their capacity.  I have just received a 90 degree lightning cable and am going to try and find a way to attach an external battery which I'll keep in my pocket.  It's all compounded by the fact that using the camera sensor is power intensive also.

It's a common issue with iPhone 6, you can Google "iPhone 6s winter shut off"
2017-1-20
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-20 23:12
It's a common issue with iPhone 6, you can Google "iPhone 6s winter shut off"

It certainly seems that way, however, sadly the Osmo compounds it to some extent as due to the size of the osmo clamp the 6S plus has to be 'nude' which makes its metal case exposed and therefore it gets colder quicker.  At least a case would provide some insulation.  Looking forward to the Spring ;-)
2017-1-21
Use props
MaddPatter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98219 ft
United States

My Nexus 6 and Nexus 5 both shut off shortly after I hit the record button. No idea why, as it worked fine yesterday (when I bought it) It is 32 out and never see either phone just shut down in these temps.
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules