Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

Hi all... I found a bug with OSMO+ and iPhone7 (the bug also exists with the iPad Pro). See enclosed images. I thought the problem was with the camera focus, but it appears to be a display bug, making everything look out of focus...sometimes WAY out of focus.

I imagine this bug is present because DJI has yet to qualify the iPhone 7 for use, so I thought I'd try to help by making this known.

If you are shooting 3840x2160 @ 30fps, your video feed on screen is blurry. Nothing in focus. If you shoot the same resolution at 24fps, your video feed on the phone (and the iPad Pro) is fine.

The recorded footage is great at either FPS, but at 30fps it is impossible to tell if you are in focus.

ALSO, if you notice, the physical dimensions of the image at 30fps seems to change (slightly taller and narrower). Just thought it might save someone here the hours that I lost when I thought the camera was out of focus, not the video feed to the phone.

Unfortunately, because of compression required to post to this site, the difference is marginalized.  Look inside the focus retical on the arm of the couch for the most obvious example.  Also, click an image then zoom in to get a closer look.

30 fps

30 fps

24 fps

24 fps
2016-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules