GO App feature request., cross/head wind indicator
745 7 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gregboyd
New

Australia

Not so long ago, I was taking some harbor photos and I did not know that the drone was hitting high head winds. I almost lost it that day as even in sports mode it was still getting  blowing out to sea. I did get it back safely.... eventually !Is it possible to include on the dji go app  an effort gage? That is an indication of how hard the aircraft is working to stay in position?.  This could be done as an %
Or / and can cross wind be calculated  and displayed on the screen?
Thanks
Greg.
2016-11-19
Use props
fansa7077f18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368579 ft
United States

I'm actually pretty surprised this hasn't been added yet. It would be a simple software add-on.
2016-11-19
Use props
Gregboyd
New

Australia

Better still , it could feed back to do a return home power consumption up date...
2016-11-19
Use props
CamStevens
lvl.4

United States

I wonder if it might be hard to distinguish a badly calibrated IMU from wind.  Seems like drone would behave in a roughly similar fashion.  I guess the way you might know is that a badly calibrated IMU would result in the craft skewing in different directions depending on yaw angle, whereas the wind would always push the craft in a consistent direction regardless of yaw angle.
2016-11-19
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

China

CamStevens Posted at 2016-11-20 13:02
I wonder if it might be hard to distinguish a badly calibrated IMU from wind.  Seems like drone woul ...

That sounds like a good problem. If you take off in dead calm and the remote says there's a high wind, that might make a great hint that you need to calibrate the IMU.
2016-11-19
Use props
Lostsucks
lvl.1

United States

On my GO app it has a indicator that tells me if the mavic is tilted Foward or Backwards, and also if its tilted left ir right. Its the circle on the bottom left side. U canuse that to judge if your mavic is fighting a headwind, tailwind or crosswind.
IMG_9614.PNG
2016-11-20
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

Gregboyd Posted at 2016-11-20 12:15
Better still , it could feed back to do a return home power consumption up date...

I think it already does that, isn't that part of smart RTH?
2016-11-20
Use props
robble
lvl.2

United States

I too would love for it to give wind speed and direction.  I was fighting a headwind coming back to home today..  max speed without sportmode was only 3mph.  It certainly upped the pucker factor when my low battery warning started going off.
2016-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules