Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Suggestion: Flip down feat
809 5 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

One of the big concerns people have about the Mavic is that it sits flat on the ground. This obviously comes from its foldable design.

The Yuneec Breeze has something that might help this. Even though the Breeze's legs do not fold away like the Mavic's, they do flip down.  This allows it to get some extra clearance.

I'm hoping that there's enough room in the legs of the Mavic to allow all four of them to have some extra pegs that flip down like the Yuneec Breeze has. If that could be added to the Mavic 2 design, then five more seconds of unfolding might give two or three more inches of landing clearance.

Until then, I'll just take a foldable landing pad with me.
2016-11-19
Use props
POLARMONKEY
lvl.2

United States

Yes and razor blades on the propeller blades, to clear any unwanted grass out of the way.
2016-11-19
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

If clearance is a problem, buy this:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... reflector_disc.html

Its a 55cm/22" foldable reflector screen, used for photography, but can be used as a clear launchpad/landing.

Folds to 1/3th of its size, so that is a portable 18cm/7.3" launchpad

Perfect for the Mavic, due to its size. Other "drone" launchpads are exactly the same, much more expensive and not so small... and they are build exactly the same as the ones for photography!
2016-11-19
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 2016-11-19 23:14
If clearance is a problem, buy this:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... reflector_disc.html

Thats a good tip.  Thanks
2016-11-20
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

Until the wind or prop wash blows it away.
2016-11-20
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

I definitely plan on having a landing pad. That's why I said I'd have one in the first post.

However, the clearance of the Mavic has been a concern for a lot of people. Some landing mats aren't great if the ground isn't very level. It's worth the effort for the DJI engineers to take a minute to look at the Yuneec Breeze and see what they think of the leg design.
2016-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules