DJI MAVIC PRO GIMBAL ERRORS
3128 4 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans20fc8a57
New

United States

Hello All,

Today, I pulled a noob mistake. I was testing how well the drone flew indoors and clipped a wall. The drone crashed. After changing one of the props that tore, I noticed that the app was giving me a gimbal overload error. It tells me to make sure the gimbal clamp isn't installed (it's not). I have no control over the gimbal from the remote now. Gimbal calibration doesn't work either. I'm thinking I may have to use one of my Care replacements. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Update: Today, I took the gimbal off the drone and found that the motor control cable indeed did snap when it hit my wall. Looks like I'll be testing out the DJI Care Refresh service.
2016-11-19
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 137362 ft
Australia

I had a similar - but more dramatic issue.... rather than getting an overload error, my gimbal snapped right of the mounting plate.  (from a 1.2m high crash/fall).  So straight back to DJI... I am waiiting on their response.

Perhaps your gimbal was knocked out of alignment, or the mount was bent ??

The Gimbal seems to be a weak point ... so I;d suggest leaving the gimbal cover on for practice flights  (although there seem to be some concerns over heat issues with the cover on).
2016-11-20
Use props
fans20fc8a57
New

United States

WebCo Posted at 2016-11-21 05:44
I had a similar - but more dramatic issue.... rather than getting an overload error, my gimbal snapp ...

Wow, that is a step above my issue. I was looking at it today, and I believe that one of the connections (a flat black strip) has been torn off the gimbal causing me to be unable to control the gimbal from the remote controller. Hopefully the replacement process doesn't take too long to get another drone to me. Of course, the process has to start first... No telling when they'll get back to us. I think I may just call after work to see if that would be a better route to take.
2016-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash.
Have you contacted our tech support?
2016-11-21
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

I'm curious, how did the cable snap/break/sever if the gimbal itself didn't detach?  Just sheer force?
2016-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules