"In the box" faulty lightning connector?
587 2 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

Hello,

I hope the answer to my question isn't eye-rolling obvious, but can someone please explain to me if I received a faulty spare "RC Cable (Lightning Connector)"?

I got my Mavic last week and the RC came with an Apple Lightning Connector already installed, it works perfectly (and the Mavic is hands down absolutely an amazing machine for that matter). However, the manual in the box indicates that I should have two spare RC cables, one "standard micro USB connector" and another "Lightning connector".

If you look at my two pictures attached, the top cable is the spare Lightning Connector but I'm not sure what Apple product this would fit, if any. Is this RC cable faulty, or is this the male size connector piece for iPhone 7/other newer Apple products? I have an iPhone 6 and this connector piece is way too big and does not fit what I traditionally thought the Lightning Connector piece was.

Thank you for info
IMG_6948.JPG
IMG_6947.JPG
2016-11-20
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

The lightning cable might indeed be already installed on the RC but the manual doesn't say there is a spare one in the box. There are just 3 cables: lightning, micro-USB and USB-C. You got them 3. Sorry to bring the bad news if you were expecting a spare one.
2016-11-20
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

AYA74 Posted at 2016-11-20 10:03
The lightning cable might indeed be already installed on the RC but the manual doesn't say there is  ...

No worries, thank you for the info! I'm fine with that, just wanted clarification on what came in the box. I was referring to the manual named "In The Box", one of three manuals that comes in the Mavic box. Thanks again
2016-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules