Losing Connection between Mavic and RC-Controller with iPhone 7Plus
37329 196 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

Paw1985dk Posted at 2016-12-17 18:15
The controller does not lose connection to the mavic, but the phone lose control to the camera, and i have to press home button and resume or i have to exit app and reopen, like many other in this threat.

So, if you would take 2 minutes to read the 30+ previous posts you would be able to determine that has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CivEngPE Posted at 2016-12-18 00:07
Mindy,
I just received notice from DJI that they are replacing my "Core Board"  What is this?  Is it part o the controller or Mavic itself?

Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to check it.
2016-12-17
Use props
fans110b66cf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4795377 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I just had the same problemms with DJI Go and DJI Go4, after switching the Phone to Airplane mode it seems that all the connection losses are gone away.
2016-12-17
Use props
RolandM
lvl.1

Germany

fans110b66cf Posted at 2016-12-18 07:03
I just had the same problemms with DJI Go and DJI Go4, after switching the Phone to Airplane mode it seems that all the connection losses are gone away.

Friends with other copters gave me the same recommendation, I will test it today.
2016-12-18
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-17 23:23
Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to check it.

Mindy,
I sent you a PM.
2016-12-18
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

RolandM Posted at 2016-12-18 06:21
Friends with other copters gave me the same recommendation, I will test it today.

Unfortunately, this had no effect for me. I was still losing connection between the Mavic and controller even when they were just a few feet apart. I was also having repeated phone/controller disconnects multiple times per flight.
2016-12-18
Use props
RolandM
lvl.1

Germany

CivEngPE Posted at 2016-12-18 13:58
Unfortunately, this had no effect for me. I was still losing connection between the Mavic and controller even when they were just a few feet apart. I was also having repeated phone/controller disconnects multiple times per flight.

Now I´m back from testing. The problem is solved in my case, I have no more connection loose today. I used the iPhone in flightmode and reinstalled the app before.  
2016-12-18
Use props
fans61954438
lvl.2

United States

Had the same problem during my first flights on Saturday. Really disappointing that DJI doesn't acknowledge a problem.
2016-12-19
Use props
cmd.rewen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2687 ft
Germany

OK I had the same Problem with the I phone 6S

I find out that it is the phone when it is in areas where is bad ore no connection to the Network than the Phone pumbs up the Singnal strengs!

If you put your phone to the Airplainmode the Problem should stop and you can fly perfect! GPS will work in the Airplane mode with the Iphone!

It work for me and 3-4 ather people in Germany my you can have a try and let me know if it works !

If that is an Hardware Problem I want to send it in to DJI too!

All the best Rewen

2016-12-19
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

cmd.rewen Posted at 2016-12-19 10:20
OK I had the same Problem with the I phone 6S

I find out that it is the phone when it is in areas where is bad ore no connection to the Network than the Phone pumbs up the Singnal strengs!

It turns out I did have a bad main board on the Mavic that was causing my disconnects.  
2016-12-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not had any trouble with the iPhone 7 or  iPad mini 2 / 4 with both Go App 3.11 or 4.02.  Has anyone with this issue tried relinking (binding) the remote to the Mavic Pro?  This could correct the issue.

Rich
2016-12-19
Use props
fans61954438
lvl.2

United States

Same problem. Why is DJI not reacting? Clearly not an individual case
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Adanggas Posted at 2016-12-12 01:25
My iPhone 7 disconnected  video as well right after I updated to new firmware. I still had control or my mavic just no info on the phone. I don't think it's a cable problem. I started litchi and it connected no problem. Must be a bug in the firmware. I hope dji will get on it.

Have you tried to use the regular USB port on the bottom of remote?
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

cmd.rewen Posted at 2016-12-12 03:51
Hej have the same Problems here But on an Iphone 6S newest update.

With DJI GO App 4

Hello cmd.rewen, when it starts to lost signal, have you tried to adjust the antenna?
2016-12-20
Use props
cmd.rewen
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-20 11:43
Hello cmd.rewen, when it starts to lost signal, have you tried to adjust the antenna?

Yes I tried everything it starts when I`m in aereas where is band Conection to the mobile network.

The Antenna, difret Cables, difrent Porst, Litchi app (here the same thing happens its not the App)
And one and one

When the Problem starts and I restart the App it will happen again in seconds . If I set the Phonen to the Airplain mode and resart the App everything works fine even when the Problem happend befor.

So it must be interfierence of the Mobile Divice!

Ore there is a Problem with the Hardware of the Rc may it is not shieldet enogth!

If I have a look to the signal strenth of the RC it is full and if I check the App there is no Problem untill it happened than there is no more conection.

This is how it looks in the App
IMG_2156.jpg
2016-12-20
Use props
cmd.rewen
lvl.1
Germany

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-19 21:21
I have not had any trouble with the iPhone 7 or  iPad mini 2 / 4 with both Go App 3.11 or 4.02.  Has anyone with this issue tried relinking (binding) the remote to the Mavic Pro?  This could correct the issue.

Rich

I rest the Rc and the Mavic and relinked the Rc too nothing changed
2016-12-20
Use props
fans61954438
lvl.2

United States

same here. tried reset / reconnection / restart. all only fixed it for a few seconds
2016-12-20
Use props
cmd.rewen
lvl.1
Germany

Hej Mindy any new for us so far

If not I will call the German DJI suport and ask for an casenumber to check the Drone for Healthy!

All the best Rewen
2016-12-24
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

First 5 times out the Mavic was perfect. Next time it kept disconnecting in both Go & Go 4. The last time I replaced the original DJI short cable with an iPhone cable connected to the bottom USB and it was perfect. Waiting for better weather to fly again. Using iPhone 6+.  Have reported to DJI and waiting for a reply.
2016-12-25
Use props
Laptinek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73802 ft
Hungary

Switching iPhone to Flight mode has solved the issue for me. Resolution/explanation from DJI is welcome.
2016-12-26
Use props
pixelsmart
New
Flight distance : 390013 ft
Germany

Activating the flight mode solved the problem for me either!

iPhone 6+
2016-12-30
Use props
cmd.rewen
lvl.1
Germany

Any News?
2017-1-1
Use props
Smithore
lvl.1

Thailand

error, sorry
2017-1-1
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Spain

I had the same issue and flight mode solved it. I found out about this myself when I started everything up and the DJI Go4 app told me about wi-fi interferences.
2017-1-1
Use props
airmaverick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86125 ft
United Kingdom

I have just returned from an afternoons flight and I have started to see this happening more and more. I seem to have noticed it more since the latest Firmware upgrade, however I have also recently upgrading to a an iPhone 7 Plus so I can't say exactly what it is that is causing it. I have done all of the usual things and delete and reinstall the app, reboot the phone etc etc and to no avail.

When I was out this afternoon I deleted the apps in an attempt to reinstall them however I made a school boy error as didn't realise the apps we bigger than 100MB so it wouldn't download of the cellular network. Luckily my son had the DJI GO App on his iPhone 6s as we have a OSMO and that worked perfectly. At first I thought it was the app that was different as I was using the DJI Go 4.0 app, however I have just come home and connected the to the Mavic and I am seeing the same problems on both apps. The app just disconnects and will only reconnect if you kill the app and go back into it. I will try the 6s again and see how that works out and I will try airplane mode.

Clearly there is an issue here and DJI need to find a solution.
2017-1-1
Use props
SBT1979
lvl.2

Spain

i have same problem, i loss connexion mavic in fly short, and multiple errors, my phone hwauei nova plus. i never have errors in phantom 3, in mavic its horrible, i dont crash it for miracle, dji, please, correct this and answer errorS and fix them! i have afraid to fly agaib!!!!
2017-1-1
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

To close the loop for my issue, DJI sent my repaired unit back and I have had no problems since then.  I have flown several missions in areas where I would lose connection before, but am now rock solid!  My issue turned out to be a hardware problem.
2017-1-4
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Can i join your club?
After FW update i have disconnect every flight.
Tried different phones and cables.
Nothing to do with model of phone imo. Just a common problem that represents ratio of certain models.
I had about 32 flights without a single issue until the update.
Now i lose connection while standing next to mavic, poor connection changing to good on screen, but still loses connection.
Same place as ive flown before without issue.
GoApp3
2017-1-5
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-5 02:17
Can i join your club?
After FW update i have disconnect every flight.
Tried different phones and cables.

So, why don't you send it in for repair?  It's free.
2017-1-5
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

CivEngPE Posted at 2017-1-5 14:00
So, why don't you send it in for repair?  It's free.

OK so i send it in, whats the address?
You are the only person to acknolwedge on forum i have an issue and tried to help with your comments.

2017-1-5
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Visualkaos Posted at 2016-11-20 12:36
check your phone port.  Sometimes they get stuff in there that prevents a good connection.  I have used a tooth brush that is just very lightly damp and it cleans it out. Hopefully its just something simple like this.  Good luck

Yup I agree, try cleaning the phone port first then try with a USB cable but disconnect the controller cable first.   
However, it happen to me something similar yesterday. I took a quick fly from outside my place and I was not flying it really high not far. About 200-300 mts away above the water and between 30-50 meters high. Still saw that my remote connection dropped a couple of times (without fully disconnecting). I had clear line of sight and granted there were some building around but it look that there was a massive drop on signal reception.

If someone can tell me how can I get you the logs will be happy to provide them.
2017-1-5
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-5 16:00
OK so i send it in, whats the address?
You are the only person to acknolwedge on forum i have an issue and tried to help with your comments.

I hate to say this, but I'm not sure of the procedure Down Under.  I would suggest chatting with support and requesting the RMA procedure.

Good luck!
2017-1-5
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

The previous firmware fixed my issues of loss of connection and battery errors.
All good now, back to being reliable.
2017-1-12
Use props
Phaikia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331926 ft
Singapore

I have similar issue where controller show "Disconnected" as I connect it to my iphone 7plus
Recently I got my mavic pro, first 3 flights was fine with my iphone 7plus (via cable included from the side of the controller)
Then suddenly, on 4th flight the controller wont connect to my iphone 7plus (show disconnected)

Then tried my own original lightning cable through the USB port below the controller - same issue
I switched to WIFI mode and I am able to flight the drone without any issue.

Then to test the cables and controller, I use both my ipad and iphone 4 (which is same IOS 10.2) as my iphone 7plus. Both working without any issue.
My drone firmware is latest 1.0.3.200
IOS 10.2
APP: latest - tried both DJI GO and DJI GO4
Case sent to support and got a case number (392036) on 13 Jan 2017 but no respond since then.

Can anyone help?

2017-1-16
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

I had similar issue with updated 1.0.3.200 on goapp3.
Rolled back to 1.0.3.00 to fix disconnect issues.
Have you updated FW or did it come with 200?
2017-1-16
Use props
Phaikia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331926 ft
Singapore

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-16 22:47
I had similar issue with updated 1.0.3.200 on goapp3.
Rolled back to 1.0.3.00 to fix disconnect issues.
Have you updated FW or did it come with 200?

Ah good to know! Well I am not sure what FW was it, when I took it out of the box and connect to my iphone, and do initial setup. The apps asked to update FW so I did (only know its 1.0.3.200 later)

But as mentioned, my first 3 flights was fine with this FW 1.0.3.200.
Should I downgrade it ? Can any DJI support advise?
2017-1-17
Use props
MAHD
lvl.2

Spain

Hello everybody from Spain.

New user of the DJI Mavic pro here!

Having the same problem related in this topic.

Both My Mavic and the Controler are updated to the latest firmware update  and it is FW 1.0.3.200. I´m using an Iphone 7+.

The problem appears when I connect the Iphone to the DJI Controler using the DJI mavic cable. I have no problem if I use that cable in flight mode or if I connect the Iphone (even without activating the flight mode)  trhought the back controler USB port using  an original Apple Lighting cable. In my case, this problem was not present from the beggining, but came up about 2-3 days after my first flights and after the update to the latest FW version. Sometimes the connection dissapears in ten minutes and sometimes only in seconds... I have to disconect and reconect again the DJI cable to recovery the image on my Iphone.

To be honest, I´m very frustrated regarding this problem, because I can´t understand where the problem is. I don´t know if it is a Software or a Hardware issue. The most confusing point for me is when I lost the connection, I lost he image and the camera settings, but other parametres, like the bars for the GPS , the bars for the remote controler connection or the bars showing the intensisy of the  HD imaging transmission do not dissapear....

I´ve read in this topic so many ussers who have changed the DJI mavic USB cable with no results, users who had sent the remote control to DJI to get a new one which is working OK right now...

What do you thing? It could be a software problem and could be fixed in a future FW update, or may be a Hardware problem in the mother board of the controller / micro USB port... If it would be a hardware problem, in my understanding,  the problem should continue even in flight mode.... right?

Thks!
2017-1-18
Use props
Jave Wong
New
Malaysia

Hi, I'm having issues connecting my iPhone 5s with my new mavic pro as well, dji go 4 just wouldn't detect it while switching to wifi I could connect to the drone right away, I've tried whatever dji support suggested but it's still the same. Please help as I think buying a new device is not considered as a solution
2017-1-18
Use props
UtopianCrew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5213 ft
United States

Can you transfer data between your iphone and you computer?
2017-1-18
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

MAHD Posted at 2017-1-18 02:53
Hello everybody from Spain.

New user of the DJI Mavic pro here!

Two suggestions.
I suffered the loss of signal problem but only after 30 problem free flights.

To bring on this problem i updated the FW to the version you have.
To fix the problem i reverted to the previous version.
Also try using your phone in Aeroplane Mode as seems to effect some users as well.

Make sure both the RC and mavic are using same versions and utilise Assistant 2 for the updates/reverting.
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules