France

i have the same problem iphone 6+  and mavic pro .700
2017-5-22
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Mine is related to having 4G switched on. If I switch my phone to 3G it's much more reliable connection.  
2017-5-22
Use props
fansde863121
New
New Caledonia

I have the same problem with my drone and my iphone 7+.
I disconnected the lightning usb cable provided by dji.
I plug in the usb port of the remote control a cable lightning apple.
Everything works fine.
If this also works for you, it may mean that the cable provided by dji is defective.
I bought my drone and my iphone less than a week ago.
I hope that dji will correct the problem and send us a cable that works

Matthieu.

2017-5-22
Use props
fans6ebb0be0
New

France

I have had this same issue since about my 10th flight.  Problem was the lighting cable supplied by DVI with the controller.  Either it or the port on the side of the controller is bad, as an Apple cable from the phone to the controller's USB fixed the problem
2017-5-23
Use props
Matthieu.L
New
New Caledonia

fans6ebb0be0 Posted at 2017-5-23 05:07
I have had this same issue since about my 10th flight.  Problem was the lighting cable supplied by DVI with the controller.  Either it or the port on the side of the controller is bad, as an Apple cable from the phone to the controller's USB fixed the problem

Yes, the problem was fixed for me
You must disconnect dji cable and after connect usb cable
2017-5-23
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Jersey

It seems strange that it's so intermittent. I have wiggled the supplied cable. And still had connection. It appears to be very random when it actually happens. I've noticed it strange that it seems more unreliable around structures like old Granate buildings. These buildings are not inhabited and part of our history so it's ok to fly around them. But I think it's the carriers signal causing the problem. People having issues try with airplane mode turned on. Report your success or non success.
2017-5-25
Use props
Glideslope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38655 ft
United States

fansde863121 Posted at 2017-5-22 21:41
I have the same problem with my drone and my iphone 7+.
I disconnected the lightning usb cable provided by dji.
I plug in the usb port of the remote control a cable lightning apple.

This is exactly what I do.  0 disconnects.  Side Note: I find the side USB-C needs to be unplugged at connection. The controller then uses the bottom USB.I place the Dji USB-C back in to protect the port for charging use.
2017-5-25
Use props
fansc16792e4
New
Flight distance : 255154 ft
United States

DenHvideHund Posted at 2016-11-21 05:20
I have similar problems.

Hook up phone with cable. Start the DJI Go App. Turn on RC and turn on Mavic. Everything looks good. Then just sitting there, ready to fly, app changes to DJI Disconnect and Mavic blinks yellow.

Mine almost crashed into a wall today, because of the faulty cable. I couldn't stop a return to home function. Again had no problems with my phantom.
2017-6-10
Use props
rzigurs
New
Latvia

I cannot believe that I am looking for a solution of an issue for a 2-day-old Mavic Pro! The first test flights (3 batteries) were fine. Then I tried flying later in the evening, had the drone about 200m out, and suddenly lost the video on my iPhone 7+. Restarted everything, but kept loosing video even 2m out. The next day I switched to a regular Apple lighting cable in the RC's front USB port and have not had any issues since.

Decided to write a message to the Support. After I confirmed that I have tried restarting, updating etc, the support guy suggested me to send the RC in for repairs, adding that it normally takes 12-15 business days to have it checked out. I think you will understand me when I say that I do not feel like putting my Mavic away for like 3 weeks after having it for mere 48 hours and after having spent 1,5k EUR for it.

Extremely disappointed in the way DJI is handling the situation with a very apparent and common issue. Using the Apple cable in the RC's front USB port is not a huge inconvenience, but come on, I expect the thing to work properly.
2017-7-17
Use props
Ackermodul95
lvl.2
Germany

Same issue here but no problems in flight mode.
2017-7-17
Use props
rzigurs
New
Latvia

rzigurs Posted at 2017-7-17 04:20
I cannot believe that I am looking for a solution of an issue for a 2-day-old Mavic Pro! The first test flights (3 batteries) were fine. Then I tried flying later in the evening, had the drone about 200m out, and suddenly lost the video on my iPhone 7+. Restarted everything, but kept loosing video even 2m out. The next day I switched to a regular Apple lighting cable in the RC's front USB port and have not had any issues since.

Decided to write a message to the Support. After I confirmed that I have tried restarting, updating etc, the support guy suggested me to send the RC in for repairs, adding that it normally takes 12-15 business days to have it checked out. I think you will understand me when I say that I do not feel like putting my Mavic away for like 3 weeks after having it for mere 48 hours and after having spent 1,5k EUR for it.

Tried the following last night: connected my iPhone 7+ to the RC with the short DJI cable. Just sat there for a while (with the Mavic ON) playing around with different Mavic camera settings via the DJI GO 4 app. I kept loosing the video every minute or so. I pulled the cable out from the RC, plugged it back in (without exiting the app or restarting anything), got the video back, and then lost it again in about 30 seconds.

I then turned on Airplane mode on my iPhone. No issues at all during a few test flights. So it appears I too can confirm that Airplane mode fixes the issue.
2017-7-18
Use props
onefourten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18330 ft
United Kingdom

I've had my Mavic for 2 weeks, pretty much flying daily. I have an iPhone 7+ and it's been rock solid with the supplied cable. I've even moved from iOS 10 to iOS 11 beta during that time and it's still rock solid.
2017-7-18
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

Just a heads up I have exactly the same issue, RC disconnects from A.C., despite this thread DJI still wish to run tests before replacing the drone.
2017-7-18
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

rzigurs Posted at 2017-7-17 04:20

My drone has been unusable for 70 plus days still no sign of help
2017-7-18
Use props
borjavg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1427326 ft
Spain

Got same problem here, suddenly screen goes grey and I cannot see anything until y unplug the lightning cable and plug it in again. Flight mode works great. I think it should be something related to carrier signal or GPS location. Should be fixed in a firmware update. Nothing to do with HW issues.
2017-8-16
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

I have the same problem using an iPhone 7+

The supplied DJI cable would yield frequent disconnects. I now use a USB cable and it works, though slightly annoying because it sticks out the side of the controller.

The problem I have been having lately is compass/ GPS errors.
2017-8-16
Use props
CEk
lvl.1
Norway

I've hade similiar problems with my iPhone 7 Plus. Losing video transmission, screen getting grey and it can't connect to the aircraft. Tested an old Samsung S6 Edge and that works flawless. Tried another cable and reinstalling the app, still the same. Talked do DJI support who told me it could behave like this when phone battery was under 50%. Charged it full and tried again and now it seems to be working. Gonna try it more when the weather gets better.

BTW, is the charging indication on the iPhone supposed to be showing the entire time it's connected to the controller? Mine just gives the chime, shows the flash and then it disappears after a few seconds. The S6 Edge stays charged teh whole time.
2017-8-18
Use props
borjavg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1427326 ft
Spain

CEk Posted at 2017-8-18 02:36
I've hade similiar problems with my iPhone 7 Plus. Losing video transmission, screen getting grey and it can't connect to the aircraft. Tested an old Samsung S6 Edge and that works flawless. Tried another cable and reinstalling the app, still the same. Talked do DJI support who told me it could behave like this when phone battery was under 50%. Charged it full and tried again and now it seems to be working. Gonna try it more when the weather gets better.

BTW, is the charging indication on the iPhone supposed to be showing the entire time it's connected to the controller? Mine just gives the chime, shows the flash and then it disappears after a few seconds. The S6 Edge stays charged teh whole time.

Awesome tip! I'll try with fully charged battery see how it goes. I don't know how it is supposed to work in Android but my iPhone also stops charging when connected. No worries about that
2017-8-18
Use props
CEk
lvl.1
Norway

borjavg Posted at 2017-8-18 03:01
Awesome tip! I'll try with fully charged battery see how it goes. I don't know how it is supposed to work in Android but my iPhone also stops charging when connected. No worries about that

Yeah, tech support said it was supposed to be "charging" constantly like the Android. But I guess as long as it works it doesn't matter.
2017-8-18
Use props
Apprendista Str
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189035 ft
Italy

Hello, bought my Mavic yesterday and here I am

Had the video feed disconnection problem several times today and it's a bit scary as a beginner! Wll try the Airplane Mode trick (iPhone 7+)

Since the DJI cable is flat it may not use the "twisted pair" wiring https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_pair and so it may be more susceptible to interference...
Anyway if really the cable is at fault DJI should just ship a proper one to all Mavic owners: having to send-in the whole drone+RC and wait a month is unpleasant for the user and inefficient for DJI.
2017-8-18
Use props
fansa02d3c90
Flight distance : 16611 ft
United States

I had the same issue with my iPhone 7, so I switched over to my iPad and had no issues.
2017-8-18
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9144 ft
Canada

Since making my post, I have found many threads that discuss the iPhone 7+ and "No Image Transmission RTH".

Here is my post and images for the error - https://forum.dji.com/thread-110319-1-1.html . I have ordered a different cable to rule in/out that as a possible cause. I have all the latest FW and App (4.1.7 and FW 01.03.1000).

I get that this is a technically advanced piece of equipment, but it is marketed as something that is easy and fun to fly. It is frustrating to have these problems when you are a beginner and want to fly safely and correctly. Have a great day, Rick.

2017-8-28
Use props
fansc57d1530
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

what an experience - iPhone 7 before liftoff grey transmission from RC connection to drone is good - flying same thing drone asks to come home rth works. But transmission goes grey all the time - using iPhone 7 stock cable because I forgot the USB cable to my iPad 4 - still this is a nasty problem and I am entitled to use any cable that the manual describes especially the one that came in the package - I am a new pilot with only 12 hours of logged flight but this started after the last firmware update and needs to be addressed from DJI before something happens due to this problem - as for now drone is useless when using IPhone 7 and stock cable which it came with in the box!!
2017-9-8
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

fansc57d1530 Posted at 2017-9-8 19:27
what an experience - iPhone 7 before liftoff grey transmission from RC connection to drone is good - flying same thing drone asks to come home rth works. But transmission goes grey all the time - using iPhone 7 stock cable because I forgot the USB cable to my iPad 4 - still this is a nasty problem and I am entitled to use any cable that the manual describes especially the one that came in the package - I am a new pilot with only 12 hours of logged flight but this started after the last firmware update and needs to be addressed from DJI before something happens due to this problem - as for now drone is useless when using IPhone 7 and stock cable which it came with in the box!!

iPad 4 seems  to be working so this is something for the engineers to start working on!
2017-9-8
Use props
Xazoola
New
United States

I only bought my Mavic Pro a few days ago and this problem started right away. However, it is intermittent and seems to happen after the Mavic or controller have been on a while. Not sure if that indicates a heat problem.  If i switch to the iPhone7 USB cable then i do not have the problem at all. I no longer trust the DJI Cable so I have stopped using it. But using the long iPhone7 USB cable is a hassle because it is so long. @DJI has the engineering team found this to be a problem with the port on the controller or the cable itself? Would this be covered under warranty ? as i have only had the Drone a little while. BTW, GREAT PRODUCT DJI!!!
2017-9-23
Use props
fans2c136818
New
Spain

No me conecta el control remoto,se queda en conecting...
2017-10-5
Use props
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 967267 ft
United States

Paw1985dk Posted at 2016-12-17 15:15
The controller does not lose connection to the mavic, but the phone lose control to the camera, and i have to press home button and resume or i have to exit app and reopen, like many other in this threat.

I  had the camera problem Sunday I flew for the first time since the update with an iphone 7 plus and five times in a row I lost video connection within 2 mins. of take off.  I normally leave my life proof case on so I have to use a 1 ft lightning cord to USB.  I thought it might be the cord so I took off the case so I could use the original cord that hooks to the upper left of the controller and didn have any other issues. My 1ft USB cord seems to be fine I think the problem maybe be only when using the USB slot on the controller.
2017-10-5
Use props
fans7ced7471
lvl.1
Colombia

Hi everyone,

As others, I have been the same problem while I was flying my DJI MAVIC Pro, my iPhone 7 lost the connection with controller and disconnected with DJI Mavic. I bought a new dji data cable, use the usb cable, but the problem persist. This problems start more or less since 2 last updates (beginnig of Oct/2017). Before that updates, my "dragon" flew perfectly and I took a lot of videos and pictures without problems. The last situations was in the country zones like a desert (Tatacoa) and wastland (Cocuy) places in my country. In the desert, in one flight, it was disturbing because I lost the control of my "dragon" more or less 30m of distance of me, so, I used the Return Home Button of remote control as last option, and I recovered the control withour image and I could landing it. In some issues while I had been flying my "dragon", I unpluged  and reconnected the data cable and recover the connection, but in the same flight, the problem repeat some times.

Please  DJI Team, could you help us urgently!!!
2017-11-14
Use props
djiuser_xWrWgTe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1293 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue.  iPhone 7 plus and first the app would crash but now the app seems to be holding up but the video turns dark gray on the screen and won't recover unless I shut down the app and restart it.  Although nothing I have done yet seem to guarantee to fix it.
2017-12-23
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3589859 ft
United States

I did have the same issue. I was able to do a lot of elimination because I buy and sell DJI drones and have access to different equipment. It's advised that you reload all firmware. Controller and drone. My issue came down to a newly purchased micro plug to lightning cable. The drone never lost connection to the controller. But the controller kept loosing connection to my IPhone 7 Plus. Got the "Aircraft Disconnect" message. Same issue with my iPad mini as well. If you do decide to purchase a new cable never buy a cheap one. I made that mistake. The drone rose 125 feet, went sideways and crashed into a corn field. Glad I wasn't flying over any roadways. The crash did wind up the damaging camera gimble although there was no visible damage. It started behaving badly then eventually failed about after an hour worth of flight time later. Had to send it in for repair.

2018-1-8
Use props
Vandesande
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115640 ft
Belgium

The real problem is the manufacturing of the dji cable (with lightning). When you use the original Iphone cable, everything works perfect.
Dji, you can counter this problem:

Please, send a new, working, tested cable to every customer after he has returned the defect cable to Dji.  
2018-1-9
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123717 ft
United Kingdom

As has probably been said by many others, my first flight of my Mavic was a nightmare due to this issue, as soon as I binned the included lightning cable and used a proper one in the full size USB port I've not had an issue since.
2018-1-9
Use props
Halpern
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66896 ft
Netherlands

Hi Guys, Ive got my mavic for 10 days now but due to the short days i only fly in the weekends. I also have the problems with the disconnects but not with the apple products... Im using a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge...

DCs happen between the remote and the Mavic in mid flight, at one point i couldnt get the remote and Mavic to connect at all, so i had to factory reset the whole thing...

I tried flying with the samsung USB cable instead of the supplied minicable, but still the results are the same. Ive tried reducing the size of the video cache on the phone because i increased it to 4G but that didnt help either...

Ive contacted my local seller so i expect a reply from them on monday
2018-1-14
Use props
Enguld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30653 ft
Spain

I m facing the same problem with Mavic pro and I phone 8 plus.  I think, well I m sure, that Mavic has to solve this issue very soon. Many people having the same problem is a DJI problem, not a I phone problem.  It is a shame that after spending €1500 you can not use such a device. Hope, to find the solution soon, as a customer i ll use my write in every single forum about this issue.
2018-8-22
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

yes i had same problem few days ago and it was the USB cable ,now i am using another one . Just make sure not to stretch it while using and it would survive more
2018-8-22
Use props
Enguld
lvl.1
Spain

Vandesande Posted at 2018-1-9 02:17
The real problem is the manufacturing of the dji cable (with lightning). When you use the original Iphone cable, everything works perfect.
Dji, you can counter this problem:

you are lucky, is not working with my mavic
2018-8-23
Use props
Enguld
lvl.1
Spain

Enguld Posted at 2018-8-23 08:59
you are lucky, is not working with my mavic

where did you get the original Iphone cable to connect with the remote control?
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules