10077 121 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-31 16:16
No, don't have a P4 here, so I'm using the regular Go app...  

But still have the regular maps to use. ;-)

RHP : You must be running old version of GO ..... because I fly the P3P with latest GO and its been HERE maps for many versions before as well. My retired P3S was flying HERE maps for ages as well.Google or Here maps are not as far as I can see location dependent - but based on version of GO you use.

But regarding Google vs HERE ..... to be honest - makes very little difference where I am ... BOTH show my yacht in same place it was over 4 years ago ... in fact HERE is slightly later because other small items are later than the Google map.

The post that moans about finding a downed P and using sat map ... well each to their own ... personally I prefer the last video view and note the GPS coords as both Google and HERE are both out of date anyway ...

I voted : I don't care .......... as an honest vote. Because it makes naff -all difference where I am ...

If I was to be flying in an area that required todays mapping ... then I am most likely flying in a high risk area and should remain even more rigidly LoS ..... my opinion.

Nigel
2017-12-19
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Odan Posted at 2017-1-10 11:39
So....are we delievering pizza with our drones ??? If the map  doesn't sho your house, what's the difference ??? So far my p4  has been on the spot. my house doesn'show up....nobody's house are there. but the main drives are shown.  When I look at the maps on my flight record it shows  a pictoril view with my house in the correct location so I assume that the graffic maps are on the spot.  So.......just what type of detail do you need to locate your drone ? What's wrong with the saying....KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID /  If one program is smaller and can provide the drone the information it needs to be located or return home....what does it really matter ??    C:->

I'm with you ... totally agree.

Nigel
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules