Still nothing done for Osmo mobile problem?!
3825 29 2016-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanLoh
New

Singapore

DJI I have had many of your products. I am sorry to say that the osmo mobile is a diaster in my experience with you.

First, brand new out of box, i cant
Connect it to my phone and your customer service asked me to register with a new email acc. Seems to me like your product only works when we as customer give in to your technical flaws. This is my new acc, all my stuff in my old acc using the P3 is gone. That is fine.. i kept the Osmo in the case until i tested it few days ago prior to the event that i want to use it on tonight.

Here i am stuck with an osmo mobile that has no active tracking after the update with the
Box not picking up anything at all. I am using a Samsung S6, i wouldnt be surprise now maybe you want me to change my phone so your product can work for me.

Please show some urgency to resolving our issues or else would u mind contacting me for a refund for my Osmo mobile, mavic pro and phantom 3? I am moving away from u if you fail me this time more. I cannot accept that now i finally need to use my mobile 2 weeks after the purchase it is failing me.

Please contact me for some serious PR recovery ASAP.
2016-11-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

StanLoh, really sorry for the inconvenience caused, we'd love to help you.
To locate the issue, please confirm your mobile system version and DJI GO APP version.
Before firmware upgrading, it's working fine on your Samsung, right?
2016-11-22
Use props
fans63e9fe99
New

Brazil

I'm having same problem...Active track doesn't work with my S7 Edge Android 6.0
2016-11-22
Use props
StanLoh
New

Singapore

Yes it was working ok.. but it always on and off have a pop up saying active track is not available in this mode. I don't know why but I was able to use active track a few times during a try out. I will post the versions in a while.
2016-11-22
Use props
StanLoh
New

Singapore

Now I wanna post a screen shot of my android version but this app don't allow me to do so nothing happens when I tap on the gallery box...zzzzz
2016-11-22
Use props
StanLoh
New

Singapore

Android version 6.0.1 Samsung s6 model.
Go app version 3.0.1
So what is wrong?? I need a reply asap.
2016-11-22
Use props
fanse8f3ee61
New

France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-22 12:38
To locate the issue, plea ...

I am having the same problem, since one of the last updates, with a Nexus 5... That's a shame, can you do something ?
2016-11-22
Use props
fanse8f3ee61
New

France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-22 12:38
To locate the issue, plea ...

I am having the same problem, no active track since one of the last updates. That's a shame, can you do something ? Or else my Osmo Mobile is useless for me... Thank you.
Nexus 5
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fanse8f3ee61 Posted at 2016-11-23 14:39
I am having the same problem, no active track since one of the last updates. That's a shame, can y ...

We're working on this issue, it's a software issue with DJI Go.

You can downgrade to a previous version of DJI Go app. Check here  https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot
2016-11-22
Use props
jostinroshan
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Dear Friends,
I understand the issue using osmo mobile and iphone 7 ( OIS) the images look jittery and bobbling effects in it.  Is it only using DJI go app ?   What about using iphone camera directly without DJI GO app?   Will the footage come stable ?
2016-11-24
Use props
richardseguro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266053 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

I have an S7 edge and also have same active track issue. Not tracking and no green square is active. Oh..it used to work on previous Osmo Mobile firmware. The new one is messed up.
2016-11-24
Use props
eliotfitzroy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492 ft
Australia

jostinroshan Posted at 2016-11-24 21:17
Dear Friends,
I understand the issue using osmo mobile and iphone 7 ( OIS) the images look jittery a ...

Unfortunately not. It applies to all apps as it is related to the OIS, not the software.
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

richardseguro Posted at 2016-11-25 04:01
I have an S7 edge and also have same active track issue. Not tracking and no green square is active. ...

We'll solve the issue through app upgrade. You can use a previous version  https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot
2016-11-24
Use props
Krause31
Second Officer
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

@DJI-Thor

A few minutes ago, i got a new Dji Go Update on my S7 Edge. I thought, ok...Active Tracking is back! But no...no Active Tracking and the 4K Resolution is lost, too!!!

Whats wrong with your software engineer?

Greetings from Germany!

Markus
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Krause31 Posted at 2016-11-25 22:32
@DJI-Thor

A few minutes ago, i got a new Dji Go Update on my S7 Edge. I thought, ok...Active Tracki ...

Sorry, we're still working on it.
2016-11-25
Use props
fans03c76c16
New

United States

Is this 'no tracking for you' issue only impacting Android platforms?  It seems to well on my iPhone, but I'm switching to Android shortly.  I'd hate to lose that feature, it's why I purchased the Osmo Mobile instead of a regular Osmo.
2016-11-26
Use props
bradgonemad
lvl.2
United States

fans03c76c16 Posted at 2016-11-26 12:03
Is this 'no tracking for you' issue only impacting Android platforms?  It seems to well on my iPhone ...

You'll lose features just going to Android because DJI bows to iOS but consistently shows no love for Android probably because Apple sells their products in their stores (http://www.apple.com/shop/accessories/all-accessories).

In addition to the features that are just flat out missing from the Android version (slo-mo video, manual camera settings) you'll also encounter device specific limitations (no 4K etc.) to which DJI will assure you will be fixed in future versions citing that "it's hard to make software that works with all the different versions of Android" despite the fact that millions of developers make their apps work across many versions.

Sure, you can just use the default camera app but if you're gonna do that then you won't be able to use the hardware buttons even tho a $20 selfie stick has the capability. To that I say, there are other smartphone gimbals that stabilize great with no need for a dedicated app and they cost less.

I've owned the Osmo since Sept and still haven't seen any notable improvements with the DJI Go App for Android. I've used it with the Note 7 and Nexus 5x and the app has proven unreliable at best and the few things that they did improve like increasing pano size still don't even match the capability of the default camera app.

The thing I don't understand is why they would show so little interest in making an app that works properly with 87% of smartphones worldwide?!

With that said, as an Android user the gimbal stabilizes great soon as it's powered on but all I have been able to use it for is the gimbal/handle, no app, no buttons. I should mention that there is one need for the DJI app... to calibrate the horizontal (which it frequently loses).
2016-11-27
Use props
Jakefudge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155676 ft
United Kingdom

"The thing I don't understand is why they would show so little interest in making an app that works properly with 87% of smartphones worldwide?!"

Because 85% of them are a bit crap.
2016-11-27
Use props
StanLoh
New

Singapore

Dji can i refund my osmo mobile? I am done with you. I have also canceled my order for mavic pro. Good luck to you DJI.
2016-11-27
Use props
StanLoh
New

Singapore

Pls contact me for the refund. Asap to mito_of_cagiva@hotmail.com
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

bradgonemad Posted at 2016-11-28 01:12
You'll lose features just going to Android because DJI bows to iOS but consistently shows no love f ...

No, it's because iOS apps are easier to make and test than Android a lot of times. There are hundreds of Android phones in the market and many have different ways how their system features like cameras work.
2016-11-28
Use props
DT1266
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yep, same here. Thought the latest update would fix tracking issues but no go. Worked perfect about 2-3 week ago now nothing. Using it on my Galaxy S6 Edge +. I use this along side my phantom 4 to video from a different prospective and track the flying. Please can you fix asap? Getting a bit annoyed now....{:4_157:}
2016-11-29
Use props
cderrington
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621798 ft
  • >>>
United States

DT1266 Posted at 2016-11-29 12:21
Yep, same here. Thought the latest update would fix tracking issues but no go. Worked perfect about  ...

Will the older versions that have Active Track work with the latest Osmo Mobile firmware that was released today(29 Nov 2016)?
Follow up question, Is there a way to have the DJI Go app not auto update?  I'll have an old version working, then the next day or so it gets updated to the release version and AutoTrack goes away.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

cderrington Posted at 2016-11-30 05:39
Will the older versions that have Active Track work with the latest Osmo Mobile firmware that was  ...

you can find older versions here https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot
2016-11-30
Use props
fansc75fc3dd
New

Indonesia

Even after downgrade also doesn work.
2016-11-30
Use props
fans37d7831a
lvl.3
Denmark

After dovngrade, same here, does not work.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Egde
2016-11-30
Use props
cderrington
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621798 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-30 02:26

Sorry, but that doesn't really answer the question.  Do the older versions work with the latest firmware for the  Osmo Mobile?
2016-11-30
Use props
DT1266
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-30 08:26

Hi DJI Thor
How do I stop DJI Go app from updating once I install an older version? My tracking works on older versions but automatically updates and loses tracking. I am using a Samsung S6 Edge +.
2016-12-5
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

@DT1266,

go to GOOGLE PLAY app-store, go to my apps, click on DJI Go app, click top right corner, an disable auto-update
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

DT1266 Posted at 2016-12-6 13:59
Hi DJI Thor
How do I stop DJI Go app from updating once I install an older version? My tracking works on older versions but automatically updates and loses tracking. I am using a Samsung S6 Edge +.

I think you need to check the setting in your Google Play
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules